I tried it. Very interesting. The stove becoming the cannon was a nice touch. I don't know about having the early access to such broken equipments of Gold Isle, but I suppose the price there is also high enough to prevent early access (if someone grinded enough to buy the equipments there, then he would be WAY overleveled, since there's no way to make money without grinding for level). Still, makes me wonder... So far, I see Ice Country, Kakkara, Tasnica, and Gold Isle. I suppose that means the earliest access to the turtle is after clearing Matango. Although the discolored jump pad is weird, but I suppose that can't be helped due to the limited 4 colors in a map. Having said that, several questions on what would happen:
1. After getting Salamander but before attempting Kakkara, if you got onto the turtle and got off at Kakkara, does that mean that you can skip the sandship scenario?
2. Before getting the Fire Seed (or obtaining Salamander), if you got onto the turtle, got the Sea Hare's Tail, and returned, would you be able to revive the oasis early? How would that affect the plot? Would the people of the desert not even care about the Fire Seed anymore?
3. If you did Kakkara scene first, then got onto the turtle, then got to the Ice Country, would you be able to skip that one boss in the Ice Country? (that plant boss)
4. If you talk to that old man in the Gold Isle to talk to Mara about the tower key, and get the tower key, does that mean that you'd have early access to Light Tower? (and therefore early Lumina)... which means you'd have early access to early Luna (even if you don't enable that in the Turbo), which means you'd have early access to Tasnica (Tasnica guards move away if you beat the Moon Palace, I think). It's easy to prevent early access to Moon Palace by making Karon appear after beating the Dark Palace and making the Tasnica guards open up after clearing all 3 palaces (that's what I did for my private patch). For preventing the early Light Palace, I suppose making the Gold Isle old man appear only after clearing the Northtown Emperor Castle would be a good way.
1. Could you make it so that the turtle makes a stop at the Pecard's Tower? I know there's nothing there (other than a possible chest), but I figured that'll be cool. Pecard's lonely.
2. Could you make it so that everytime you reset the game (load from a save), the time of the day is always in the fixed time of fixed day, and the turtle always starts at a specific location? That way, players can experiment with the inn to know exactly when the turtle is gonna arrive in their position after the reset (ex: if I'm in Kakkara, and I sleep X number of nights in a row after the reset, the turtle will come to Kakkara) -- you know, add an element of predictability after experimentation. At least, make that an optional feature? I mean, you don't even have access to the world map until you get Flammie, so there's no way to know where the turtle is, meaning seeing when the turtle will come is too frustrating for players (go to inn, sleep, then try the jumping pad, and if it doesn't work, repeat the cycle). I'm personally not a fan of frustrating things. I don't mind the game being difficult or frustrating features that can be mitigated after a lot of testing (I feel like I'm rewarded for testing things out), but unpredictable frustrating features are... frustrating, esp for replays, because no amount of testing will help you much, which is very discouraging.