News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 210502  (Read 507201 times)

Hybrid Divide

• View Profile
Re: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 210329
« Reply #2020 on: April 12, 2021, 05:27:28 am »
Nearing the end of a playthrough on the 210313 version, and I've discovered a number of errors and issues. 
Given all of the combined patches, I can't be totally certain what patch is responsible for what, but I'll guess where I can.

(And if there's some way to output what options I have checked, I'd be happy to include that as well)
Apologies if these have already been reported, this thread is a long one!

Reborn Translation:
If you join up with the girl, but go your separate ways when you try to go to the Dwarf Village in Gaia's Navel, when you eventually go to the Haunted Forest and fight the two werewolves, if you talk to the girl during the fight, her name will appear as "Girl" instead of the name you'd already given her.  After the fight, she'll go back to having the name you gave her.

In the ruins near Northtown, if you talk to one of the masked people, it'll include the boy's name along with the "....", making it look like he's being the silent one, instead of the person in the mask.

In the Underground City, neither Krissie or the Resistance Soldier tell you about the color code needed to progress further on.
(I forget which of them is supposed to tell you in the original game.)

When the "Voice from above" orders the destruction of the Mana Tree, you may want to change "Main gun" to "Main cannon".  It's admittedly preference, but if you ask me, it flows better.  Just a suggestion.  :)

Level 9 Weapons Progression Balance:
In the very first room of the Underground City, after opening the chest for the Boomerang Orb, instead of disappearing, the chest stays there. If you open it again, it gives you ANOTHER Boomerang Orb. Only THEN will it disappear.  Thinking it was a glitch, I only picked it up once, but now I seem to be short a Boomerang Orb!  So I either missed one elsewhere, or it didn't spawn where it was supposed to be.  I suppose it could have something to do with the Don't Despawn Chests When Full patch, but I don't know for sure.

I realize having the Mana Tree giving you the final Sword Orb says "Sword Power at Maximum!", but it doesn't actually say you have the final orb.  That may want to be cleared up, or, even better, have it automatically re-forged into the final Mana Sword.  Being able to see your sword change into the final, green form may add impact to the moment.

Remove Empire Castle Gate Permanently:
I picked up the Sword Orb in the Emperor's Throne Room, the readme says it's supposed to despawn the Sword Orb in the Grand Palace, but it showed up in the area between Lumina and Shade's areas.  When I first entered the room, it wasn't there. I come back, and it's spawned in the water, JUST out of reach.  I re-enter the room again, and it's finally reachable.  But re-forging this sword only gives me the Dragon Buster, so I either missed another Sword Orb elsewhere, or else it didn't spawn where it was supposed to.

The hint that the kid in Northtown gives about the box in the Emperor's Throne Room might want to be changed a bit. Something like "I got to go see the Emperor's Throne Room once! There's a strange looking chest in there. I wonder what's in it?".  Something like that.  Seems like something a kid would say.  Just a suggestion! :)

I also noticed in this playthrough that Aegagropilon went a little crazy casting Burst on people.  Not sure what patch caused that, but it was done enough to be noteworthy.

Given that I applied all my patches through the Turbo patcher, I'm assuming they were patched in the correct order, so I don't think that would explain any of the errors I'd had.

Anyway, I hope these error reports and suggestions help!
Thanks to all the romhackers and translators for all your hard work!!!

EDIT: One of the patches added a round reddish-brown dot to the New Game / Continue screen.  Anyone know what that's there for?  Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 05:52:46 am by Hybrid Divide »

ManaRedux

• View Profile
    • Secret of Mana: Redux
« Reply #2021 on: April 12, 2021, 09:07:44 am »

Reborn Translation:

All of your script concerns have been addressed.  It certainly is a long thread!  Maybe Turbo needs its own forum category.

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: April 12, 2021, 03:40:09 pm »
I played through Turbo now twice with different settings and each time was a blast!

With the now super fast combat, charge attacks and attack spells appear less efficient.
I wouldn't mind, if the charging attack aspect was much faster and the spells more devastating.

Personally speaking the game reached it's greatest fun moment, when I fought the more difficult Dark Lich with 65355 HP and 255 MP. It was the best battle in the entire game, with all the good stuff the Turbo patch provided.

One question:
Have there been attempts to increase the damage cap for more powerful spells?

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: April 12, 2021, 04:09:02 pm »
On a side note: After clearing the Tree Palace and the Pure Land opens up, Mara exists in her home AND in the Tree Palace.  Two places at once.  I just find that a little odd.  Can you make it so that Mara disappears when you beat Tree Palace?  The only people who can exist in multiple places is Watts and Neko, but they're specifically for player's convenience (it'll suck for players if they don't exist in multiple places).  Mara doesn't have that excuse.
I was expecting her visibility flag to already be in use, but it basically is not (visible if flag 0x30 between 0 and 14, and event flag 0x30 never goes above 4 as far as I recall), so it should be possible to improve this like you're suggesting. It'll be an easy change to make her disappear once the Grand Palace version appears. Probably just visible if flag 0x41 between 0 and 2.

Quote from: Hybrid Divide
No big deal. Repeat reports let me know it's a more apparent problem. Does kinda suck when someone's on an old version and report something that has since been fixed, but eh, I can cope.

When you apply the Turbo patch, a config (INI) file is made in the folder with the patch (ZPS) file. I don't think I need to see what options you had set in this case, but that's where it is. You can also use that config file to not need to reset custom options for repatching / using a newer version of Turbo (just rename the INI filename to match the ZPS filename, e.g. "SoM Turbo.210329.ini" to match "SoM Turbo.210329.zps" etc.).

Werewolf Girl text: there's not tons that can be done here since you can trigger this encounter regardless of if you've named the girl yet. An unnamed hero's name is gogogogogogogogogogogogo sooo... better to show "girl" than that mess. The event itself is already a bit of a mess handling if you have named her before so it doesn't ask you to name her again (naming an already named hero causes bugs), if the boy or sprite is currently player controlled and talking to the girl, etc. Splitting it apart to make sure each instance of the girl's name can be either unnamed girl, or her given name, would probably be a bit much with how messy this event already is.

The Northtown ruins cultists matches the Japanese text. I've argued that it was a mistake in Japanese. At least it's authentic...

A resistance soldier still has the color clue, and I don't even let you abort their text (it's a second text box). Due to a 3 NPC on screen limit in that room, you may have been failing to see the correct NPC, especially due to the addition of merchants in there. Walking north / south in the room a few times may get him to spawn. That room's been a frequent source of reports.

Regarding weapon orb chests, not despawning / letting you get multiple is vanilla behavior if you don't have the orb count a given chest is set to. It's safe (and not a glitch) to keep opening weapon orb chests that haven't despawned, in fact, it's an intentional vanilla design. Say you have 3 sword orbs, and open a sword orb 5 chest; it'll let you open it twice to get you "caught up" to sword orb 5. It's a safety in case you missed weapon orb chests earlier in the game (e.g. in vanilla, the Pandora treasure room).

I'm not 100% sure regarding the sword orb chest in the Grand Palace's positioning. It shouldn't move around... so that's something for me to go investigate. But if it was there, then the weapon orb distribution just was what it was. Different features affect the distribution, so even if Remove Empire Castle Gate with vanilla weapon orb distribution means the Grand Palace one would be gone, when it's mixed with other features that affect distribution (like Weapons Progression Balance), they may be complementary instead.

Wording suggestion on that hint is up to kethinov.

Quite a few possibilities for Aegagropilon. I'm slowly making my way through boss AI, and when I get to him I'll see if I can adjust him to be a better fight. My guess is some mixture of mana no longer limiting his use of Burst (Burst_-_Health_Cost), with reduced action delays (Faster_Bosses), and / or boundless stamina (Turbo_Mode), would make him a chain casting maniac.

The "reddish-brown dot" at the main menu is from Technical\Enable_FastROM. That orange color means functioning, a very dimmed purple-y means FastROM is disabled (generally due to using a buggy old emulator), and blue means... error of some sort (no one should ever see blue).

And yes, your feedback is appreciated. Thanks for taking the time.

Thanatos-Zero, raising the damage cap would be... pretty tough. Aside from it being hardcoded in a lot of places (almost every damage formula caps to 999 on their own, sometimes during multiple points in the formula), the damage number display would probably need to be redesigned from scratch to allow it to show numbers greater than 999.

I'm with you on charge attacks being a tough sell when you could just hit the enemy a few times with basic attacks instead. I definitely haven't found an easy solution; just making them charge faster makes it hard to pick a non-max charge animation (I personally use the animation I find most useful, not whatever is necessarily highest raw damage). I'm currently experimenting with allowing weapon charging while blocking. I've considered having the ACT screen charge value have some use to the player, like maybe where you could set a preferred charge level there, or maybe pick the animation there, and where charging up would just affect the damage instead of the animation, but that might be hard to explain to the player (so they know to get change it).

I'm not actually that concerned about magic... it's rather powerful and locks down the enemy while playing the animation. It still generally has a lot of value against bosses, even with the changes to melee.

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: April 13, 2021, 05:50:25 am »
Thank you Queue.
There is a thing I like to mention with Shadow Saber.
Compared with all the other sabers, it doesn't last long at all.

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #2025 on: April 14, 2021, 10:35:31 am »
Queue

Quite a few possibilities for Aegagropilon. I'm slowly making my way through boss AI, and when I get to him I'll see if I can adjust him to be a better fight. My guess is some mixture of mana no longer limiting his use of Burst (Burst_-_Health_Cost), with reduced action delays (Faster_Bosses), and / or boundless stamina (Turbo_Mode), would make him a chain casting maniac.

That would be neat. Maybe even have Speed Down spell be used so it slows down spell cast time that way as counter measure.
Major Bosses deserve some gimmick I think (Empire/Mana Temples/Pure Land/Mana Fortress Bosses mainly).
I had an idea for the four Pure Land Dragons to sort of act like the Mana Beast and only weapons effective to Dragons and Saber Spells they are weak against doing damage to them (could stack them together, and you get some good amount of Dragon effective weapons at that point while having saber spells), of course stats changing spells would be helpful there too to increase your stats/decrease theirs, while the Dragons being immune to other weapons and magic (except HP cutting magic just so the Sprite has more use).

Another one was for the Shadow Hero/Girl/Sprite fight where each does something unique and only way to damage them would be through Light Saber, while they each have an elemental saber on their weapon, Shadow Hero having highest attack, Shadow Girl highest crit rate, Shadow Sprite maybe agility, maybe Joch disables your magic for that fight and having you win that through proper weapon and armor setting, the idea of that fight in making it feel in a way that Sage Joch is actually testing your skills and team work.

But they will probably be on priority list much later, but just general ideas brainstorming.

I'm with you on charge attacks being a tough sell when you could just hit the enemy a few times with basic attacks instead. I definitely haven't found an easy solution; just making them charge faster makes it hard to pick a non-max charge animation (I personally use the animation I find most useful, not whatever is necessarily highest raw damage). I'm currently experimenting with allowing weapon charging while blocking. I've considered having the ACT screen charge value have some use to the player, like maybe where you could set a preferred charge level there, or maybe pick the animation there, and where charging up would just affect the damage instead of the animation, but that might be hard to explain to the player (so they know to get change it).

Maybe experimenting the stamina with Turbo too, like allow the Hero for example to land more hits before he tires or needs a breath (100 stamina), Girl less hits before she tires out but has higher crit rate, while the Sprite tires out even faster, Speed Up makes that process faster also same for charge attacks, and makes the spell pretty desireable.

Maybe even reducing weapon charge level to max 4-5 maybe, every two weapon orbs allowing you to level up your weapon technique, a lot of them seem kind of recycled just stronger attacks anyway, but that probably requires too much modification.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 03:29:02 pm by Mr X »

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: April 14, 2021, 12:09:37 pm »
 :o

I finally came in and looked over everything on the changelog, here.

It's kind of overwhelming, to be honest. I mean, I'm curious (currently almost done replaying vanilla), but I also am worried that I won't know how to play the game anymore. Maybe that's not a bad thing, but...?

Anyway, I'm impressed by the sheer tenacity applied to this bug-ridden chop job of a software. I have a mental catalog of bugs with Secret of Mana that I've experienced over the years (As a kid, I used to think it was because the SNES was overheating...ignorance is bliss). It would be cool to play the game without having to worry about them all, but at the same time, so much here seems to have been overhauled that I am a little queasy about giving it a shot.

Can you maybe give me the general gist of it? What is it like playing SoM with all this on?
Yamero~~!

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: April 14, 2021, 12:56:40 pm »
:o

I finally came in and looked over everything on the changelog, here.

It's kind of overwhelming, to be honest. I mean, I'm curious (currently almost done replaying vanilla), but I also am worried that I won't know how to play the game anymore. Maybe that's not a bad thing, but...?

Anyway, I'm impressed by the sheer tenacity applied to this bug-ridden chop job of a software. I have a mental catalog of bugs with Secret of Mana that I've experienced over the years (As a kid, I used to think it was because the SNES was overheating...ignorance is bliss). It would be cool to play the game without having to worry about them all, but at the same time, so much here seems to have been overhauled that I am a little queasy about giving it a shot.

Can you maybe give me the general gist of it? What is it like playing SoM with all this on?

It's a lot better than SoM, I assume you care about gameplay more to name some changes:

Can't chain cast spells anymore to abuse spells unlike original, they have to be charged back

Stamina removed from attacks

Better spells

Better enemies

Faster spell and weapon levels. You can also set your deafult spell levels, much welcome feature, it's off by deafult,  I turn it on personally and set their deafult levels.

Weapon affinities and saber spell affinitied work now unlile the original where they did nothing

Some weapon changes

Some equipment changes

Limited equipment

Graphics improvement/restored to enemies/weapons

Manual blocking

Can access Luna the first time you reach the Desert

Chests added to some empty spots in the original game

Added an additional Glove and Axe orb so you wont have to farm them twice in Mana Fort

Speaking of farming you have a spell now that may guarantee you a chest drop to get rare items easier that way instead of the tedious farming the original game had - will let you experiment on that through gameplay to find out which spell it is.

Just to name some things, many more missing, and if you care about the story there's is a new translation up, and are some additional scenes added which I find pretty cool that they were added, the story overall in mana games in general to me personally is just whatever.

Much better experience overall compared to original game, and it keeps getting better.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 01:09:18 pm by Mr X »

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: April 14, 2021, 02:05:55 pm »
Maybe I wasn't entirely clear; I did read thru the list of changes that are present in the mod.

"Can you give me the gist of it" was what I said, like, what is the overall effect it has, on how the game 'feels' to play? Obviously "Turbo" seems to indicate that it's faster, but has anyone played all the way through with these modifications on, who is also familiar with the OG game? What would you say as far as a 1-paragraph capsule review of it?

Basically, "better" isn't what I want to hear, cuz that's a really subjective term. How is it better? Please don't make me read another list... I want someone's overall opinion about it, I guess is what I'm saying.
Yamero~~!

Chicken Knife

• View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: April 14, 2021, 07:37:07 pm »
@Spooniest,

I think that the options are so broad with this project that you can sort of make what you want out of it. The default settings definitely turn the game into more of an action game, faster paced with a lot of streamlining.

But I personally preferred a conservative approach where the fundamental game itself wasn't changed, except for conservative improvements that really just served to smooth out some of the clunkier or more awkward aspects along with fixing the bugs, and I was delighted to be able to produce exactly that version that I wanted.

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: April 14, 2021, 09:42:26 pm »
I think all gameplay tweak patches should follow this ones example honestly. I have seen a lot of rebalance patches that make that one or two changes too far making them useless to me.

ManaRedux

• View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: April 14, 2021, 11:17:56 pm »
@Spooniest,

I think that the options are so broad with this project that you can sort of make what you want out of it. The default settings definitely turn the game into more of an action game, faster paced with a lot of streamlining.

But I personally preferred a conservative approach where the fundamental game itself wasn't changed, except for conservative improvements that really just served to smooth out some of the clunkier or more awkward aspects along with fixing the bugs, and I was delighted to be able to produce exactly that version that I wanted.

Agreed.  Queue has done an amazing job giving us an auto-configured "vanilla" Turbo.

But you also have the ability to modify Secret of Mana to your heart's delight.  I usually just play (original) vanilla with the stats modified so I don't have to grind much.  Recently, I did a run through with double XP hoping that would have me at Level 99 when I got to the Mana Beast.  Not even close.

Maybe Queue will work out some other combinations, or folks can submit suggestions for theirs.  (Though of course it's up to Queue if something like additional presets will be implemented.) 

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: April 14, 2021, 11:42:06 pm »
I run rebalanced original with blocking and bug fixing

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: April 15, 2021, 01:08:07 am »

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: April 15, 2021, 07:27:27 am »
Okay!  I finished going through the script!  I couldn't find anymore error, so that's good.  There were many events that I never came across, so I'll eventually make a list of that and ask how to come activate those events.  Eventually.

There were numerous item/bosses that didn't use [E] or stuff like that, but I suppose Queue will look through that.  I prefer weapons (such as Whip) to be called "Whip", instead of "I|Whip" (which will be called "Leather Whip" when you first get it), mostly because they can all evolve into different weapons, but maybe that's just me.

I do have one question.  When talking to the Mana Tree at the end of Pure Land, she said, "...the world will face final moment.  There's only one way to avoid this... the Mana Sword must strike down the Mana Beast."  But according to the intro text crawl, when the previous hero took down the Mana Fortress, the Mana Beast just went away and disappeared -- in short, it didn't rampage any further, and therefore the hero didn't need to strike down the Mana Beast.  I'm a little confused about that.  So does that mean that Randi didn't need to actually take down the Mana Beast in the final battle?

ManaRedux

• View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: April 15, 2021, 10:29:41 am »
I do have one question.  When talking to the Mana Tree at the end of Pure Land, she said, "...the world will face final moment.  There's only one way to avoid this... the Mana Sword must strike down the Mana Beast."  But according to the intro text crawl, when the previous hero took down the Mana Fortress, the Mana Beast just went away and disappeared -- in short, it didn't rampage any further, and therefore the hero didn't need to strike down the Mana Beast.  I'm a little confused about that.  So does that mean that Randi didn't need to actually take down the Mana Beast in the final battle?

Thank you so much for your help with the script.  It's been difficult finding folks willing to do what you did, and it's one of the reasons we needed so many revisions.  Queue, Taosenai, and myself spent innumerable hours on this, but obviously, it's a huge project and a lot for three people.  We made a lot of changes based on your feedback.

Getting to your question---this doesn't answer it, but it has a lot on the Mana Beast concept: https://manaredux.com/characters/villains/the-mana-beast/

The contradiction you pointed out about who defeated the Fortress doesn't help.  I'll do my best:

Ancient war

1)Mana was used for bad reasons, the most ignominious being the Mana Fortress
2)"The gods" sent the Mana Beast to make things right
3)The Fortress battled the Mana Beast.  (Based on the Japanese text, there's a strong implication of a global nuclear war that devastated civilization)
4)Regardless of who defeated the Mana Fortress, the Mana Sword hero demonstrated that humans could use Mana for good.  This, combined with the end of the Fortress, meant that the Mana Beast wasn't necessary anymore.  It devolved into many small flying things.
5)Mana is restored.

Recent times

1)The reality of Mana and the Ancient war has long been forgotten except to folks like the Mandalans, Luka, and Joch.  But humans are starting to mess with Mana again.  There's many things going on, but think about Thanatos harboring the power of Mavolia, and the Emperor trying to restore the Mana Fortress.
2)Mana starts to fade again, and Jema springs into action.  Luckily, he meets Randi at the right time.
3)The Japanese text uses a phrase like "animating energy"...I think that means that the Fortress literally breathes Mana.  So as Jema says, if the Fortress is activated, the last of what remains of Mana will disappear.
4)The beasts of the world gather to defeat the Fortress, as not even the Mana Tree can make things right.
5)Randi effectively stops the Fortress when he defeats Thanatos, but this doesn't restore Mana.  Randi tells Popoie that if they defeat the Mana Beast, the Mana that's been lost won't come back.  So the Mana Beast will continue to rage because there's no way for them to restore it.  That line is a bit problematic---so uhh...no more Mana ever?  Or is there a sliver left that somehow evolves over time?

As I've said many times: Secret of Mana makes no sense. :beer:

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: April 15, 2021, 10:57:13 am »
@Spooniest,

So it's sort of like Sonic 3 Complete, in that you can switch things up if you feel like it, or you can stay close to vanilla if that's more your speed...Hm. Okay. Thanks CK.
Yamero~~!

hambury

• View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: April 15, 2021, 04:10:46 pm »
Hey, this looks like amazing work. Is the file still available to grab? I clicked the link on the first page and it appears to be dead (might just be my ISP). Would love to try this out as replaying Secret of Mana was suprisingly disappointing after all these years but my memory of it was great.

Queue

• View Profile
Re: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 210415
« Reply #2038 on: April 15, 2021, 05:00:24 pm »
Version 2021-04-15:
https://filebin.net/7spaiz2xfys6b2i1/SoM_Turbo.210415.zip

Changes:
- implemented Balance\Tonpole_Trio_-_Vengeance; fixes some bugginess and adds damage over time to the Biting Lizard devour attack, adds an ally buff when one dies (the buff requires Inferno_Barrier due to a dependency on the new spell type it adds)
- altered Quality_of_Life\Simpler_Patterns based on hmsong's feedback
- altered Quality_of_Life\Patterned_Inputs mini-Luna art based on hmsong's artwork
- altered Quality_of_Life\Watts_In_Haunted_Forest to not cause some Watts dialogue to be repeated every encounter (mainly for compatibility with Reborn)
- altered Quality_of_Life\Neko_In_Underground_City to resolve the 3 NPC limit issue in that Resistance-occupied room
- implemented Miscellaneous\Deduplicated_NPCs to prevent a Mara clone and a Scorpion Army clone
- implemented Bug_Fixes\Boss_Cures_What_Ails_Ya to further reduce bugginess involving the Tonpole Trio fight
- enhanced Bug_Fixes\Ownerless_Event_Safety to also affect dialogue options
- updated Reborn to pre-release version 1.11

Technical Changes:
- migrated almost all bug fix support code from bank $F0/0x30 to a region of unused data starting at $CCEB00/0x0CEB00
- migrated event command 0x70 from $CCFD00 to $C0FFA8
- rearranged mod-added map object palettes, affects Northtown_Woods_Treasure, Steal_From_Matango_Innkeeper and Reborn

Thanatos-Zero, vanilla Saber buffs last a certain number of hits, which is:
(((spell level / target count) + 1) * 4)
Shadow Saber instead allows that much mana to be drained, at most. While it's still absurdly powerful, this kept it at least a little under control. For maximum efficiency, only single-target cast it on the girl and / or sprite.

Spooniest, it kinda depends on how sensitive you are to gameplay changes. I'd argue that at a fundamental level, it's still completely the same game: you walk with D-Pad, run with A, stab with B, stab things until they explode apart, repeatedly cast the same spell over and over on bosses until they explode. The art and music is the same (aside from glitchy art fixes here and there). But maybe some people would argue that (with default Turbo settings) since you're no longer staring at a little percent number refilling at the bottom of the screen, it's another game entirely.

Everything in this patch can be disabled though. If you go through the patcher and uncheck every checkbox then click "Apply" you'll get the same ROM you put in as the output.

hmsong, finally got this update released. Check out Simpler_Patterns, and note that I migrated more Reborn enemy and item names to the [E] and [I] syntax. I couldn't do [E]|Mana_Beast as-is because of issues with line breaks on the space in that name, at least until I move the stand-alone Reborn release over to the automatic line breaking code.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 05:28:55 pm by Queue »

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: April 15, 2021, 07:58:44 pm »
As I've said many times: Secret of Mana makes no sense. :beer:

Hehe.  Yeah.

I just figured that Mana Beast was killed by the first hero after the Mana Beast restored the Mana.  That would make more sense, plot-wise (Mana Beast is a collection of many godbeasts, so if it's "killed", it'll just split, until Mana is in danger again).  The Mana Beast that Randi fought was the "second" Mana Beast.

@Queue

I checked out the new version.  Simpler_Patterns works great.  I'll test out the Tonpole trio too.  For Reborn, I figured that the line break thing would be a pain if the syntax is used (many Relocalized names have longer name, like Betsie --> Kettle Kin, or Luka --> Lukka, or Jema --> Gemma).

Edit: My apologies.  I tried Simpler_Patterns in actual battles, and they all work as intended.  But for Luna/Dryad/Shade/Lumina, I was hoping you'd change what I previously requested.  In the previous request (and therefore currently), it is:

Luna     Shade

Lumina    Dryad

And you did just that (thanks).  But when I tried it out, that direction didn't work so well (kept struggling to find where the element is).  So could you please change it so that it's like this?:

Luna     Dryad

Shade    Lumina

It's much easier to remember, I think (everything will be 1st elemnt = left, 2nd element = right, except for Undine/Salamando).  Sorry, and thanks.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 01:40:00 am by hmsong »