1) Be able to buy more than 1 item at a time.
2) See how many items you already have.
3) Some info on what the item does.
4) When buying equipment, see if something is already equipped (like an 'E' above the heads).
5) And if possible, see increase in 'Defense'.
6) Toggle between characters in both circle menu (if im in 'Undine' with the girl and want to jump to 'Undine' with Sprite),
and in 'Level' and 'Stat'-like menu. Instead of having to exit 'Level', and go to next character and enter it again.
7) See characters 'Weapon Level' in circle menu.
8) See characters equipped weapon in 'Level' menu.
9) Equip weapon through 'Level' menu?
10) Highlight (more so) Character Icon when that character is controlled. Illuminate square around face of character?
I didnt see the little check mark (?) above the heads until far in to the game. Now, im also just a bit blind.
11) Enter secondary characters Circle Menu with Y, not having to go through X.
12) Be able to enter secondary characters Circle Menu when played character is frozen (asleep, being attacked etc etc)
13) Cancel secondary characters Circle Menu with one button press, instead of having to go back to controlled character via X.
14) I remember there being a mini-map when flying? Probably just miss-remembering.
Well, one would be great! Guess its not that easy though.
15) Have you changed the logo from Yellow to White?
16) Also, the intro music? Where is that from? I dont think i have heard that track before.
Is that part of the hack in the ZPS patcher? (as in, can it be turned off/change back to original?)
17) Night/day cycle somewhat freaking out while riding Flammie. Changes rapidly in a very unsmooth fashion.
I numbered your ideas so I could reply in one block:
1) I don't really know how I'd work the UI for this. I recall seeing a bulk buy in Mop's SoM Randomizer update notes, but have never checked it out. Would be nice, and is a long term goal for me.
2) Probably not too tough; I'd need to verify there's enough space on the line of text max 28 characters, cost takes up, I think 7 characters (plus a space), and quantity is 2 (plus a space) so as long as no purchasable item name is longer than 17 characters I could make it work.
3) That's what the game manual is for. I'm only kinda joking. I'd love to add a stats and / or description window for items, but the UI's a pain in the butt.
4) Messing with the ring menu is a bigger pain in the butt than the text windows. I don't dislike this idea, just, pretty tough to do.
5) This is harder than item quantity; whose defense change would it show? If I did this, instead it would probably be related to the "equipped" indicator, and show an up or down arrow instead of the E if it was better or worse defense than what a given character was wearing.
6) You can swap the Status screen between characters by pressing the Start button (that's a vanilla feature). The Weapon / Spell Level screen doesn't have this capability, but now that you mention it, I'll see if it's feasible to make it work the same way (Start button to cycle characters); I'd certainly like this too. Not sure what would be required to let you flip ring menus between characters while staying in ring sub menus; I may look into this but no promises.
7) Probably possible to fit that info in.
8) Might be possible, but messing with the fullscreen menus sucks.
9) Not sure how feasible this is; not really a bad idea, but also probably a lot of work for marginal gain.
10) Possible. I'd tried to make the controlled character indicator more
visible than vanilla with Turbo HUD, but if you didn't see it, obviously it's not perfect. There are a lot of limitations on the HUD that limit options for making it look even somewhat okay. In particular, colors are limited to white, gold and black.
11) Y is both how you enter and leave the ring menu. Not sure what approach would actually play well if Y both opened and cycled. Close with A? (Oh, or maybe you have Y and X flipped... if so, Quality_of_Life\Equip_2nd_Weapon takes over the button that directly enters a teammate's ring menu.)
12) I'm pretty sure you can access the ring menu of a frostied, unconscious, etc. teammate? Not sure what you're describing here.
13) This may wind up as an option.
14) Nope, no mini-map in SoM. FF6 has one. I think Trials of Mana has one? Not probably something feasible to add to SoM. I really
want to add marks to the compass, but too many ideas, not enough time.
15) Relocalized does that. There's an override to force it back to yellow (Title_Screen\Override_White_Palette).
16) Title_Screen\Turbo_Song. It's a vanilla SoM song (One of Them Is Hope, normally it plays just before the final boss fight) played with a non-vanilla instrument set.
17) I assume you mean the sky? I've never been happy with the sky color transitions. I'm pretty pleased with the ground colors, but the sky is a pain in the butt to make look right.
Game breaking bug...not sure if it's just the combos I have on.
0) In the Kakkara desert, Randi and Popoie are stuck in an infinite loop when the following dialogue occurs:
Randi:We're in trouble. We're going to shrivel up for real!
Randi keeps moving off the screen.
I'll mention that this didn't happen on my first playthrough (I was able to get as far as Shade, and that's been fixed), so it's probably an option I have on. If that's the case, I'm not sure what the easiest way to give you all of my many combos is.
Other stuff I noticed:
1)In Cannon Travels, the second option sometimes doesn't light up all the way.
2)The Matango haiku doesn't time correctly, similar to the Prologue.
3)I tried to get a screenshot but then the game crashed...text in boss battles (maybe other battles too?) sometimes hides letters, or displays garbage characters.
4)As stated in the DM, Popoie disappears during the Wind Palace flashback scene.
0) Hm, might be Miscellaneous\Revisit_Kakkara_Desert. Thanks, will get that figured out. If I can't reproduce it, I'll ask for the .ini file the ZPS patcher spits out when you apply a patch (it's just a text file, so it can be copy/pasted here within [
/spoiler] tags or uploaded to something like pastebin.com).
1) Dang, I must've botched some math somewhere.
2) Not sure which approach to take on the timed stuff yet. May just need to bump most timed pauses by an amount that compensates for the faster text renderer. It's dumb when optimizing = faster and faster = now it's wrong. -_-
3) Crud, I definitely want more details if there was a crash. Which boss battles? The two mode 7 bosses with text (Dread/Lucent Slime and final boss) have vanilla text bugs if multiple messages happen at the same time, so it could be related to that and is just blowing up worse, but if it's happening during other boss fights, erg. Obviously something I need to nail down either way.
4) I wonder if this is a Scroll Hack issue or something. Will get it fixed.
Edit1: Okay, figured out the compatibility issue with Revisit_Kakkara_Desert. So that'll be fixed next release.
Edit2: Looks like the sprite missing in the cutscene is due to Quality_of_Life\CPUs_Dont_Block_Screen; if the player is controlling the boy or girl, the sprite gets pulled offscreen to join them, and if the player is controlling the sprite, the boy and girl get pulled onscreen.
Also think I got choice selection highlighting resolved.
- fixed game breaking incompatibility between Reborn and Revisit_Kakkara_Desert
- changed CPUs_Dont_Block_Screen to be inactive during cutscenes; may have unintended consequences, but hopefully not
- changed some option highlighting logic in Reborn\Proportional_Font
At the end of the Wind Palace flashback cutscene, the sprite doesn't make it all the way out the door if using Proportional_Font, due to the timing issues it causes. I have some ideas to try to resolve this without needing to adjust event logic to compensate for the faster text renderer, but we'll see if any of them pan out.