News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 210329  (Read 481412 times)

Zeikar

• View Profile
Re: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 201209
« Reply #1700 on: January 03, 2021, 03:33:38 am »
Totally agree. Gil is also not cool. GP is more authentic.
Even the 3D remake says GP.

Queue

• View Profile
Re: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 210105
« Reply #1701 on: January 05, 2021, 06:18:39 pm »
Happy New Year!

Version 2021-01-05:
https://filebin.net/7spaiz2xfys6b2i1/SoM_Turbo.210105.zip

Changes:
- fixed a graphical issue with the bearded axe art variant
- integrated Secret of Mana: Reborn
- implemented experimental Proportional Font for Reborn
- Font_-_Chicago is now Off by default

Reborn will be the default text Turbo has enabled going forward. VWF Edition and Relocalized are still available and supported, and I may try and make Relocalized and Reborn compatible (since they essentially focus on different things), but right now I just need to shake out compatibility bugs with Reborn and the jillion other patches in Turbo.

The Proportional Font renderer is still in the testing phase; I think I dealt with all serious issues (i.e. crashes), and line breaks currently don't take advantage of the extra text box space, but I'm sure there are still going to be screwy things here or there. I just really need to get more eyes on it.

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 05, 2021, 07:12:59 pm »
Happy New Years to you too.  Hopefully, 2021 will be a better year.  It better be.  It'll suck if it's worse.

I'm finally done with all of my SD3 patches (for now).  I just had to get it out of my system (took me over 8 months).  Lots of pent up stress for the obvious reason.  The only thing left is to test them all and correct minor things (hopefully, there's none of that).  That shouldn't take too long, relatively.  SD3 is too slow game for me to test things out quickly.

Anyhow, I see that you made even more progress.  And even added the SAP (which is apparently now renamed Reborn).  Good stuff.  I haven't tested any of them, but I shall soon.

One thing.  The ZPS zip file is being saved as .jpg.  I'm not sure why.  It it just me?  I mean, I can change the extension manually, and I'm sure it'll work, but I just wanted to bring that up to attention.

ManaRedux

• View Profile
    • Secret of Mana: Redux
« Reply #1703 on: January 05, 2021, 08:13:57 pm »
Anyhow, I see that you made even more progress.  And even added the SAP (which is apparently now renamed Reborn).  Good stuff.  I haven't tested any of them, but I shall soon.

The SAP is the uber project.  Reborn is the first release (which has been officially released by itself).  I'm glad you'll finally get to play it, hmsong.  You were there in the beginning!

miaz

• View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 06, 2021, 11:36:15 pm »
Just got Mana Fortress to do, then im done! Need to do some magic-leveling first though.
Been absolutely amazing! Thanks again. New Christmas tradition.

Got a few ideas.......
- Be able to buy more than 1 item at a time.
- See how many items you already have.
- Some info on what the item does.

- When buying equipment, see if something is already equipped (like an 'E' above the heads).
- And if possible, see increase in 'Defense'.

- Toggle between characters in both circle menu (if im in 'Undine' with the girl and want to jump to 'Undine' with Sprite),
and in 'Level' and 'Stat'-like menu. Instead of having to exit 'Level', and go to next character and enter it again.

- See characters 'Weapon Level' in circle menu.
- See characters equipped weapon in 'Level' menu.
- Equip weapon through 'Level' menu?

- Highlight (more so) Character Icon when that character is controlled. Illuminate square around face of character?
I didnt see the little check mark (?) above the heads until far in to the game. Now, im also just a bit blind.

- Enter secondary characters Circle Menu with Y, not having to go through X.
- Be able to enter secondary characters Circle Menu when played character is frozen (asleep, being attacked etc etc)
- Cancel secondary characters Circle Menu with one button press, instead of having to go back to controlled character via X.

- I remember there being a mini-map when flying? Probably just miss-remembering.
Well, one would be great! Guess its not that easy though.

- Have you changed the logo from Yellow to White?
- Also, the intro music? Where is that from? I dont think i have heard that track before.
Is that part of the hack in the ZPS patcher? (as in, can it be turned off/change back to original?)

- Night/day cycle somewhat freaking out while riding Flammie. Changes rapidly in a very unsmooth fashion.

ManaRedux

• View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: January 07, 2021, 02:04:55 am »
Game breaking bug...not sure if it's just the combos I have on.

In the Kakkara desert, Randi and Popoie are stuck in an infinite loop when the following dialogue occurs:

Code: [Select]
Randi:We're in trouble. We're going to shrivel up for real!
Randi keeps moving off the screen.

I'll mention that this didn't happen on my first playthrough (I was able to get as far as Shade, and that's been fixed), so it's probably an option I have on.  If that's the case, I'm not sure what the easiest way to give you all of my many combos is.

Other stuff I noticed:

1)In Cannon Travels, the second option sometimes doesn't light up all the way.
2)The Matango haiku doesn't time correctly, similar to the Prologue.
3)I tried to get a screenshot but then the game crashed...text in boss battles (maybe other battles too?) sometimes hides letters, or displays garbage characters.
4)As stated in the DM, Popoie disappears during the Wind Palace flashback scene.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 04:10:57 am by ManaRedux »

Queue

• View Profile
Re: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 210107
« Reply #1706 on: January 07, 2021, 06:14:55 am »
Quote from: miaz
1) Be able to buy more than 1 item at a time.
2) See how many items you already have.
3) Some info on what the item does.

4) When buying equipment, see if something is already equipped (like an 'E' above the heads).
5) And if possible, see increase in 'Defense'.

6) Toggle between characters in both circle menu (if im in 'Undine' with the girl and want to jump to 'Undine' with Sprite),
and in 'Level' and 'Stat'-like menu. Instead of having to exit 'Level', and go to next character and enter it again.

7) See characters 'Weapon Level' in circle menu.
8) See characters equipped weapon in 'Level' menu.
9) Equip weapon through 'Level' menu?

10) Highlight (more so) Character Icon when that character is controlled. Illuminate square around face of character?
I didnt see the little check mark (?) above the heads until far in to the game. Now, im also just a bit blind.

11) Enter secondary characters Circle Menu with Y, not having to go through X.
12) Be able to enter secondary characters Circle Menu when played character is frozen (asleep, being attacked etc etc)
13) Cancel secondary characters Circle Menu with one button press, instead of having to go back to controlled character via X.

14) I remember there being a mini-map when flying? Probably just miss-remembering.
Well, one would be great! Guess its not that easy though.

15) Have you changed the logo from Yellow to White?
16) Also, the intro music? Where is that from? I dont think i have heard that track before.
Is that part of the hack in the ZPS patcher? (as in, can it be turned off/change back to original?)

17) Night/day cycle somewhat freaking out while riding Flammie. Changes rapidly in a very unsmooth fashion.
I numbered your ideas so I could reply in one block:
1) I don't really know how I'd work the UI for this. I recall seeing a bulk buy in Mop's SoM Randomizer update notes, but have never checked it out. Would be nice, and is a long term goal for me.
2) Probably not too tough; I'd need to verify there's enough space on the line of text max 28 characters, cost takes up, I think 7 characters (plus a space), and quantity is 2 (plus a space) so as long as no purchasable item name is longer than 17 characters I could make it work.
3) That's what the game manual is for. I'm only kinda joking. I'd love to add a stats and / or description window for items, but the UI's a pain in the butt.
4) Messing with the ring menu is a bigger pain in the butt than the text windows. I don't dislike this idea, just, pretty tough to do.
5) This is harder than item quantity; whose defense change would it show? If I did this, instead it would probably be related to the "equipped" indicator, and show an up or down arrow instead of the E if it was better or worse defense than what a given character was wearing.
6) You can swap the Status screen between characters by pressing the Start button (that's a vanilla feature). The Weapon / Spell Level screen doesn't have this capability, but now that you mention it, I'll see if it's feasible to make it work the same way (Start button to cycle characters); I'd certainly like this too. Not sure what would be required to let you flip ring menus between characters while staying in ring sub menus; I may look into this but no promises.
7) Probably possible to fit that info in.
8) Might be possible, but messing with the fullscreen menus sucks.
9) Not sure how feasible this is; not really a bad idea, but also probably a lot of work for marginal gain.
10) Possible. I'd tried to make the controlled character indicator more visible than vanilla with Turbo HUD, but if you didn't see it, obviously it's not perfect. There are a lot of limitations on the HUD that limit options for making it look even somewhat okay. In particular, colors are limited to white, gold and black.
11) Y is both how you enter and leave the ring menu. Not sure what approach would actually play well if Y both opened and cycled. Close with A? (Oh, or maybe you have Y and X flipped... if so, Quality_of_Life\Equip_2nd_Weapon takes over the button that directly enters a teammate's ring menu.)
12) I'm pretty sure you can access the ring menu of a frostied, unconscious, etc. teammate? Not sure what you're describing here.
13) This may wind up as an option.
14) Nope, no mini-map in SoM. FF6 has one. I think Trials of Mana has one? Not probably something feasible to add to SoM. I really want to add marks to the compass, but too many ideas, not enough time.
15) Relocalized does that. There's an override to force it back to yellow (Title_Screen\Override_White_Palette).
16) Title_Screen\Turbo_Song. It's a vanilla SoM song (One of Them Is Hope, normally it plays just before the final boss fight) played with a non-vanilla instrument set.
17) I assume you mean the sky? I've never been happy with the sky color transitions. I'm pretty pleased with the ground colors, but the sky is a pain in the butt to make look right.

Quote from: ManaRedux
Game breaking bug...not sure if it's just the combos I have on.

0) In the Kakkara desert, Randi and Popoie are stuck in an infinite loop when the following dialogue occurs:

Code: [Select]
Randi:We're in trouble. We're going to shrivel up for real!
Randi keeps moving off the screen.

I'll mention that this didn't happen on my first playthrough (I was able to get as far as Shade, and that's been fixed), so it's probably an option I have on.  If that's the case, I'm not sure what the easiest way to give you all of my many combos is.

Other stuff I noticed:

1)In Cannon Travels, the second option sometimes doesn't light up all the way.
2)The Matango haiku doesn't time correctly, similar to the Prologue.
3)I tried to get a screenshot but then the game crashed...text in boss battles (maybe other battles too?) sometimes hides letters, or displays garbage characters.
4)As stated in the DM, Popoie disappears during the Wind Palace flashback scene.
0) Hm, might be Miscellaneous\Revisit_Kakkara_Desert. Thanks, will get that figured out. If I can't reproduce it, I'll ask for the .ini file the ZPS patcher spits out when you apply a patch (it's just a text file, so it can be copy/pasted here within [spoiler][/spoiler] tags or uploaded to something like pastebin.com).
1) Dang, I must've botched some math somewhere.
2) Not sure which approach to take on the timed stuff yet. May just need to bump most timed pauses by an amount that compensates for the faster text renderer. It's dumb when optimizing = faster and faster = now it's wrong. -_-
3) Crud, I definitely want more details if there was a crash. Which boss battles? The two mode 7 bosses with text (Dread/Lucent Slime and final boss) have vanilla text bugs if multiple messages happen at the same time, so it could be related to that and is just blowing up worse, but if it's happening during other boss fights, erg. Obviously something I need to nail down either way.
4) I wonder if this is a Scroll Hack issue or something. Will get it fixed.

Edit1: Okay, figured out the compatibility issue with Revisit_Kakkara_Desert. So that'll be fixed next release.

Edit2: Looks like the sprite missing in the cutscene is due to Quality_of_Life\CPUs_Dont_Block_Screen; if the player is controlling the boy or girl, the sprite gets pulled offscreen to join them, and if the player is controlling the sprite, the boy and girl get pulled onscreen.

Also think I got choice selection highlighting resolved.

Version 2021-01-07:
https://filebin.net/7spaiz2xfys6b2i1/SoM_Turbo.210107.zip

Changes:
- fixed game breaking incompatibility between Reborn and Revisit_Kakkara_Desert
- changed CPUs_Dont_Block_Screen to be inactive during cutscenes; may have unintended consequences, but hopefully not
- changed some option highlighting logic in Reborn\Proportional_Font

At the end of the Wind Palace flashback cutscene, the sprite doesn't make it all the way out the door if using Proportional_Font, due to the timing issues it causes. I have some ideas to try to resolve this without needing to adjust event logic to compensate for the faster text renderer, but we'll see if any of them pan out.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 04:49:47 pm by Queue »

lightninghunter

• View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 08, 2021, 12:31:46 pm »
I had to stop playing SOM for a good month there due to work, family, and the holidays - but now that I am slowing down I have the urge to continue my playthrough.  However, now I am seeing all this new content, so I just might have to start my playthrough all over again!  I am curious to see the new storyline with Reborn.

ManaRedux

• View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 09, 2021, 04:06:32 am »
Hey Queue, sorry this doesn't help much but it's the best I can do:

https://imgur.com/a/mzXmcPl

You can see that it's during a spell cast in a boss battle.  I'll mention that the garbled/random text appears less now in battle messages, but these crashes still occurred.  It may not even be related.

After this crash, I went back to my save at Neko's and completed the battle just fine, even using Speed Up again.  They happen at random times.

Here's another thing that happened during a spell cast:

https://imgur.com/a/4BjeS4H

This is one of the strangest things I've ever seen in SoM.  Once again, there was some random text around this point, but an owl cast Silence on the sprite, whose graphics got messed up as you can see, and he froze in place.  But it also made it so that the two remaining characters couldn't get to him...it's like a wall went up between him and them.  Note his HP.

I keep trying to get a screenshot of the text anomalies but it's tough to get to it in time.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 04:16:40 am by ManaRedux »

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 09, 2021, 02:11:32 pm »
Whoa, that's wild. This should be fun to figure out.

Edit: I've reproduced it.

Working backwards to see where the problem starts, but it's a huge cascade of memory corruption. For example, loop counters that are expected to be between 1 and 8 end up as 255, so they write way past the end of an array clobbering memory, and overwrite a value used for a subsequent loop counter which then runs too many times, writing beyond the end of another array, and so on.

Edit 2: Interestingly, this seems to stem from a vanilla bug in animation code that causes the memory corruption (sanity checking a loop count of zero after comparing it to a maximum instead of before), so an upside to this is that'll now be fixed. Still working backwards through code to find what of my (probably Proportional Font) code is triggering the otherwise vanilla bug. Since I want to get that fixed too.

Edit 3: It looks like it was the boomerang hiding code that was blowing everything up. Again. So part of Polished Weapons, probably zero relation to Proportional Font. Can you check if any of your characters was using the boomerang (and if so, which?).

Version 2021-01-09:
https://filebin.net/7spaiz2xfys6b2i1/SoM_Turbo.210109.zip

Changes:
- fixed really bad bug in Graphics\Polished_Weapons
- implemented Bug_Fixes\Animation_Memory_Corruption to fix some flawed animation code that could corrupt memory
- implemented Text\Shops_Show_Item_Count; displays consumable item quantity you own in both the buy and sell ring menus
- improved how Seven_Items_Max overrides Item_Limit_Increase; there were probably bugs before if you had both On
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 05:21:46 pm by Queue »

ManaRedux

• View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: January 09, 2021, 08:22:33 pm »
Whoa, that's wild. This should be fun to figure out.

Edit: I've reproduced it.

Working backwards to see where the problem starts, but it's a huge cascade of memory corruption. For example, loop counters that are expected to be between 1 and 8 end up as 255, so they write way past the end of an array clobbering memory, and overwrite a value used for a subsequent loop counter which then runs too many times, writing beyond the end of another array, and so on.

Edit 2: Interestingly, this seems to stem from a vanilla bug in animation code that causes the memory corruption (sanity checking a loop count of zero after comparing it to a maximum instead of before), so an upside to this is that'll now be fixed. Still working backwards through code to find what of my (probably Proportional Font) code is triggering the otherwise vanilla bug. Since I want to get that fixed too.

Edit 3: It looks like it was the boomerang hiding code that was blowing everything up. Again. So part of Polished Weapons, probably zero relation to Proportional Font. Can you check if any of your characters was using the boomerang (and if so, which?).

I can't imagine how you do what you do  :laugh:

The sprite had the boomerang through all of my playthroughs.  I was skeptical that the text anomalies and the glitches were related, but those anomalies come up in battle a lot and I need to find a way to get you shots.

IcePenguin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 09, 2021, 08:35:22 pm »
Working backwards to see where the problem starts, but it's a huge cascade of memory corruption.

Wow, nice job figuring that out so quickly and with an update!   :thumbsup:  From observing ManaRedux's images, I thought maybe it would've been memory corruption.  Link's Awakening has a similar glitch in it's code, where you can actually corrupt both palette data and saved dungeon progress.  It's not likely to happen due the conditions required to activate it, but it can be done easily if you know how.  (killing lots and lots of enemies!)

ManaRedux

• View Profile
Re: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 210109
« Reply #1712 on: January 09, 2021, 10:53:26 pm »
Here's another one:

https://imgur.com/a/MROPJcO

I *think* this has something to do with the start button, but I'm not sure.  Pausing has worked fine for the most part.  So all the sudden (this was actually a bit after unpausing) the boy and the sprite stopped moving, but the girl was able to move freely (in that picture, the girl can go as far as the edge of the screen since the other two can't move).  If I press the start button, she runs to the other two like they're all being gathered for a whip crossing.  I have to press start again to get her to move.  Going into the inn had the same behavior.

If I restart the game, no button but start works, so I had to stop the emulator and reload.

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 10, 2021, 12:13:46 am »
From what I see, player 1 and player 2 are active. Is a player 2 controller set up in your emulator and did you hit Start for controller 2 without realizing it?

ManaRedux

• View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 10, 2021, 01:20:40 am »
Lol I see that too now! Let's go with the easiest explanation. ;D  Though what threw me off were the players gathering after hitting start.  Is that how it is in vanilla? 

But now this happened:

https://imgur.com/a/ASeshn1

It was towards the end of a very long Shade fight with triple boss HP.  Everything stopped on the screen but the music kept playing so I'm not sure if this qualifies as a total crash.  I think the boy had the axe, the girl the sword, and the sprite the boomerang.

Aaaand it happened again.  Maybe it doesn't like Cure Water sometimes:

https://imgur.com/a/POiK6dU
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 02:01:56 am by ManaRedux »

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 10, 2021, 02:07:41 am »
If you had accidentally activated player 2, then deactivated player 1 (via Start button), then the now-AI-controlled characters would run to follow the player 2 controlled character. So that doesn't sound especially weird. That's vanilla behavior when a player drops out.

The SNES audio CPU is independent from the main CPU, so music continuing playing when the main CPU crashes is the typical result. And that screenshot definitely looks like a crash.

The Slime bosses use background mode 7, so the text up at the top is composed of sprites, and not on the UI layer. The HUD numbers and portrait frames are still on the UI layer (the background mode switches near the bottom of the screen to render the HUD), and the lack of those HUD elements is indicative of a crash. As is the discolored... well, most stuff. Oddly, the left and right text box frame edges look wrong... I wonder what's up with them. Unfortunately, I don't see anything in that image that really gives me a hint as to what caused a crash. I'll go fight him a few times and see if I luck out.

ManaRedux

• View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 10, 2021, 03:24:01 am »
The Slime bosses use background mode 7, so the text up at the top is composed of sprites, and not on the UI layer. The HUD numbers and portrait frames are still on the UI layer (the background mode switches near the bottom of the screen to render the HUD), and the lack of those HUD elements is indicative of a crash. As is the discolored... well, most stuff. Oddly, the left and right text box frame edges look wrong... I wonder what's up with them. Unfortunately, I don't see anything in that image that really gives me a hint as to what caused a crash. I'll go fight him a few times and see if I luck out.

Yeah, I think we said that's the reason why the text box partially disappears in vanilla?

I finally decided to do this the easy way---I hotkeyed taking a screenshot to the R2 button of my 8Bitdo controller.  I was able to get a few screenshots of text anomalies.  Sometimes, Japanese characters come up!  I like the one in the underground waterway because it also shows you how text gets cut off midway sometimes (and other times, no text comes up).  The one in the Shade battle was not a Cure Water Lv.3 associated with a crash.

https://imgur.com/a/rDDWz6m
https://imgur.com/a/C8KbPMr
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 03:29:24 am by ManaRedux »

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 10, 2021, 05:02:51 pm »
What's going on in those screenshots is the tiles are all shifted right two full tiles (each "letter" is two tiles tall). I don't know if it's the tilemap / tile numbering that's wrong, or the art for the tiles themselves that's off. I have not been able to reproduce the issue in Mesen-S (v0.4.0), bsnes-hd (v107.3) or lucia (v115).

So there must be something I'm missing to reproduce the issue. While I don't think it should be a matter of which features are enabled or disabled, I guess post your config file (within [spoiler][/spoiler] tags, or uploaded to something like pastebin; it should be named something like "SoM Turbo.210109.ini"; it's just a text file you can open with notepad or similar) and tell me the specific version of the emulator you're using (in the emulator's menu bar, Help -> About, probably). If nothing else, that would let me rule out configuration or emulator as a cause while I continue trying to reproduce the issue. Based on how it looks, if I can reproduce it, it should be easy to track down what's going wrong (I'd expect it to be some of the math that decides tile numbering or offset in VRAM to copy tile graphics to).

Edit: I fought Hyposlime (Lime Slime) for probably 25 min, with a fair bit of hero spell and melee activity, then set things up so I could leave the emulator fast-forwarding, and have let it run another hour at... well way faster than normal, and not seen mangled text nor had it crash (not paying super close attention to the text once I set it fast-forwarding, but still, when I have looked, not crashed). So definitely need to pinpoint what difference is letting you encounter this set of issues while I haven't.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:03:28 am by Queue »

ManaRedux

• View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 11, 2021, 02:11:37 am »
These are my settings.

Spoiler:
[{unknown}]
V210107=1
[Combat]
{Combat}=0
Turbo_Mode=1
Strong_And_Weak_Attacks=1
_Alternate_Attack_Set=0
Faster_Charging=1
Double_Stamina_Regen=1
Full_Percentage_Damage=1
Manual_Block=1
_Blocking_Requires_Full_Stamina=1
_Blocking_Drains_Stamina=0
No_Automatic_Blocking=0
No_Damage_While_Recovering=1
Quick_Recovery=0
Quick_Numbers=1
Faster_Bosses=1
Faster_Enemies=1
Quicker_Enemies=0
Faster_CPU_Allies=1
Better_CPU_Allies=0
[Magic]
{Magic}=0
Early_Luna=1
Magic_Recharging=1
Default_Spirit_Levels=0
Spell_System_Extensions=1
_Stone_Saber_-_NPC_Version=1
_Blaze_Wall_-_NPC_Version=1
_Evil_Gate_-_NPC_Version=1
_Mud_Saber_-_Replaces_Stone_Saber=1
_Inferno_Barrier_-_Replaces_Blaze_Wall=1
_Shadow_Saber_-_Replaces_Evil_Gate=1
_Speed_Down_-_Hit_And_Evade_Down=1
_Speed_Up_-_Detangle=1
_Lunar_Magic_-_Celestial_Cascade=1
_Burst_-_Health_Cost=1
_Revivifier_-_Turn_Undead=1
_Dispel_Magic_-_Target_Allies=1
_Dust_Flare_-_Replaces_Fire_Bouquet=1
_Black_Hex_-_Replaces_Evil_Gate=0
Comprehensive_Dispel=1
Spell_Power_Tweaks=1
Extend_Buff_Time=1
Acid_Storm_-_Magic_Def_Down=1
Speed_Up_-_Faster_Recharge=1
Lava_Wave_-_Engulf=1
Stone_Saber_-_Icon_Color=1
Thunder_Saber_-_Silence=1
Light_Saber_-_Balloon=1
Lunar_Magic_-_Mana_Cost_Reduction=1
Moon_Energy_-_Mana_Cost_Reduction=0
Revivifier_-_Mana_Cost_Reduction=1
Herbal_Boost_-_Replaces_Moon_Energy=1
Hellfire_-_Replaces_Exploder=1
Evil_Gate_-_More_Useful=1
MP_Absorb_-_Reversible=1
HP_Absorb_-_Reversible=1
Moon_Saber_-_Reversible=1
Sleep_Flower_-_Poison=1
Change_Form_-_Pygmy-Moogle=1
Analyzer_-_Early_Access=1
Some_Spells_Bypass_Wall=1
Spell_Balance_Overhaul=0
[Items]
{Items}=0
Unique_Equipment=1
Seven_Items_Max=1
Item_Limit_Increase=0
No_Default_Equipment=1
Farmable_Sword_Orb=1
No_Missing_Orb=1
Weapons_Progression_Balance=1
_Level_8_Instead=1
_No_Level_9_Sword=1
_No_Free_Lunch=0
Circular_Forging=1
Chest_Rarity_Adjustment=1
Mana_Fortress_Rarity_Swap=1
Add_Ruby_Armet=1
Earlier_Midge_Mallet=0
Later_Midge_Mallet=0
Magical_Herb=1
Faerie_Coconut=1
Stardust_Herb=0
_Mint_Flavored=1
_Drop_And_Shop_Changes=1
Equipment_Tweaks=0
Elemental_Equipment=1
Energized_Weapons=1
Level_9_Weapon_Perk=1
[Balance]
{Balance}=1
Less_Fragile_Pygmy=0
Defensive_Petrify=0
Dangerous_Poison_And_Engulf=0
Killable_Snowmen=0
Weapon_Status_Chance=0
Double_Saber_Status_Chance=0
Bonus_Weapon_Damage=0
_Element_Match_Defense=0
_Doubled_Bonus_Damage=0
_Strong_Element_Immunity=0
Reduce_Moon_Saber_Healing=0
Persistent_Saber_Buffs=0
No_Neko_Price_Gouging=0
No_Heal_At_Level_Up=0
No_Item_Damage_Canceling=0
Spells_Pause_Gameplay=0
Spells_Cancel_Charging=0
Luna_And_Dryad_Weaknesses=0
Hittable_Vampires=0
Gigas_Bosses_Disassemble_Less=0
Gigas_Bosses_Never_Disassemble=0
Fire_Gigas_-_Flame_Saber=0
Wall_Face_-_Uncrushable_Barrels=0
Axe_Beak_-_Sonic_Sleep=0
Dark_Lich_-_Nether_Pursuit=0
Enemy_Type_And_Element_Changes=0
Enemy_Stat_Changes=0
Enemy_Reward_Changes=0
Enemy_Behavior_Changes=0
Harder_Final_Boss=0
Monster_Stat_Modifiers=1
Run_When_Tired=0
_Only_With_Speed_Up=0
[Quality_of_Life]
{Quality_of_Life}=1
Run_Freely=0
_Gradual_Turns_Only=0
_Run_Requires_D-Pad=0
Run_On_Trigger_Tiles=0
Run_After_Area_Change=0
No_Whip_Tile_Gather=0
Equip_2nd_Weapon=0
_Switch_Requires_R=0
All_Weapons_Destroy_Obstacles=0
QuickSpell_Hotkeys=0
New_Spell_Targeting_Controls=0
MP_Shown_Within_Status_Area=0
MP_Shown_Below_Status_Area=0
CPUs_Dont_Block_Screen=0
Walk_To_Edges_Of_Screen=0
Scroll_Hack=0
Centered_Camera=0
Rearguard_Sprite=0
Personal_Space=0
Faster_Chest_Opening=0
Fastest_Chest_Opening=0
Dont_Despawn_Chests_When_Full=0
ACT_Defaults=0
Faster_Weapon_Grinding=1
Faster_Spell_Grinding=1
Neko_Distribution_Network=0
Watts_In_Haunted_Forest=0
Neko_In_Underground_City=0
Neko_And_Watts_In_Pure_Land=0
Neko_And_Watts_In_Fortress=0
Frosty_the_Friendly_Alchemist=0
Gaias_Navel_Girl=0
Sand_Ship_Guard_Pause=0
Remove_Barrels_On_Run=0
_Barrels_Disable_Attack_Button=0
Boy_Dislikes_Nuts=0
Inverted_Ring_Menu_Rotation=0
Inverted_Shop_Menu_Rotation=0
Reverse_L_and_R_Hotkeys=0
Damage_Feedback=0
[Text]
{Text}=1
VWF_Edition=1
Proper-caser=1
Relocalized=1
Reborn=1
_Proportional_Font=1
Font_-_Menu_Outlines=1
Font_-_Chicago=0
Mixed_Case_Naming=1
_Disable_Auto_Casing=1
Abortable_Dialog=1
Skill_Screen_Spaces=1
True_Monster_Names=1
Logical_Goblin_Names=1
Weapon_Skil_TextFix=1
Cave_In_TextFix=1
Tangled_Up_TextFix=1
Event_Fixes=1
[Graphics]
{Graphics}=1
Turbo_HUD=1
Trim_Portraits=1
Functional_Fashion=1
Retouched_Characters=1
Manicured_Monsters=1
Unspoiled_Spells=1
Polished_Weapons=1
Restore_Warp_Tiles=1
Modify_Menu_Icons=1
Menu_Controller_Icon=1
Japanese_Button_Colors=0
Fancy_Text_Box_Transitions=1
Better_Default_Text_Boxes=1
Alternate_Text_Boxes=1
_Candy_Cane=0
No_Text_Boxes=0
No_Eyeless_Girl=1
Faerie_Coconut_Replacement=1
Alternate_Karon=1
_Wandering_Helmsman=0
Decode_Menu_Icons=1
Encode_Menu_Icons=0
Decode_Combat_Art=1
Encode_Combat_Art=0
[Audio]
{Audio}=1
Enable_MSU-1=1
_ZSNES_MSU-1=1
_Random_MSU_or_SPC=0
_Async_Music_Crossfade=1
Faster_Music_Crossfade=0
Restartable_Attack_Sounds=1
Restore_Unused_Fanfares=1
Different_Fortress_Boss_Music=1
Upbeat_Elinees_Castle=1
Sad_Moogle_Village=1
Echoey_Matango_Caves=1
SFX_Channel_Limit=0
No_Music=0
[Miscellaneous]
{Miscellaneous}=0
New_Game_Plus=1
No_Drum_Respawn=1
Day_Night_Cycle=1
_No_Morning_Or_Evening=0
Enhanced_World_Map=1
_Swap_Up_and_Fly_Hotkeys=0
_Slow_Flat_Map=0
Enable_Kilroy_Door=1
Enable_Matango_Caves_Trap=1
Restore_Kettle_Kin=1
Restore_Aegagropilon=1
Sheex_-_Master_Ninja=1
Revisit_Potos=1
Revisit_Goblin_Village=1
Revisit_Kakkara_Desert=1
Revisit_Sunken_Continent=1
Revisit_Pure_Land=1
Accessible_Ramparts=1
Flooded_Staircase=1
Remove_Empire_Castle_Gate=1
_Wandering_Truffle=1
No_Missable_Monsters=1
Turtles_on_Turtle_Shell_Isle=0
Steal_From_Matango_Innkeeper=1
Steal_From_Pecard=1
Mandala_Temple_Treasure=1
Gaias_Navel_Treasure=0
_Navel_Immodesty=0
Northtown_Woods_Treasure=1
Generous_Gold_Chests=1
Centered_Inn_Bed=1
Diverse_Chest_Traps=1
Multiplicative_Change_Form=0
Alternate_Transform_List=0
Alternate_Shape_Shifter_List=0
Mimic_Box_Rewards=0
Wiggly_Balloons=1
Enable_Paralyze_Status=1
[Title_Screen]
{Title_Screen}=1
Turbo_Logo=1
Turbo_Song=1
Restore_Title_Screen=1
Deblock_Filter=1
Animate_Palette=1
Music_Fade_Fallback=1
Clean_Aesthetic=1
Japanese_Legalese=1
Override_White_Palette=0
[Bug_Fixes]
{Bug_Fixes}=1
Whip_8th_Charge_Animation=1
Spell_Palette_Cycle_Speed=1
Ring_Menu_Loader=1
Final_Fight_Graphics=1
Blue_Sky_Blink_Fix=1
Backdoor_Music=1
Tropicy_Music=1
Consistent_Shadows=1
Second_Brambler_Position_Fix=1
Boss_Defeat_Controller_State=1
Text_Box_Overlap=1
Flight_Waits_For_Events=1
Defeat_Waits_For_Events=1
Big_Health_And_Mana_Support=1
Far_Western_Todo=1
Dark_Lich_Head_Bang_Fix=1
Deathless_Foe_Fix=1
Final_Saber_Hit=1
Lucid_Barrier_Defense=1
Boss_Loader_Buffer_Overflow=1
Text_Box_Palette_Loader=1
Flakey_Snowflakes=1
Stereo_Panning_Fix=1
Initial_Distance=1
Equipment_Trashing_Fix=1
No_Blats_To_Sell=1
Dialog_Debuffs=1
Boss_Block_Fix=1
Missable_Spear_Fix=1
Barrel_Scramble_Fix=1
Tsunami_Scramble_Fix=1
Hit_Chance_Fix=1
Orb_Overflow_Event=1
Auto_Talk_Fix=1
Whip_Post_Fix=1
Mana_Magic_Endless_Fix=1
Mana_Magic_Unequip_Fix=1
Boss_Rendering_Fix=1
Tidy_Map_Pieces=1
Temple_Fountain=1
Permadeath_Fix=1
Offscreen_Ring_Menu=1
Overcharge_Fix=1
Super_Change_Form=1
Armor_Wisdom_Stat=1
Mode_7_Rendering_Fix=1
Gather_Party_Fix=1
Weapon_Upgrade_BugFix=1
No_Exp_When_Killing_Allies=1
Ghosts_Dont_Block_Projectiles=1
King_Goes_To_Bed=1
Elman_Stops_Stammering=1
Ice_Castle_No_Drum=1
Pandora_Barracks_No_Rope=1
Northtown_Ruins_Better_Rope=1
Wind_Temple_Entrance_Trap=1
Pure_Land_Cave_Trap=1
Ice_Country_Neko_Landing=1
Soft_Reset_Reinit=1
[Technical]
{Technical}=1
Safe_Save_State=1
_Pause_Gameplay_Only=1
Disable_Soft_Reset=1
Validate_Items=1
Checksum_Bypass=0
Exception_Handler=1
Overwrite_Unused_Data=1
Internal_SFROM_Header=1
Internal_SFROM_Footer=0
VC_without_PCM=1
SNESCE_Mempatch=0
Enable_FastROM=1
_Disable_Snes9x_Workaround=0
Fake_50Hz=0
Generate_SFROM_File=0
(Helper_Script)=1
[Advanced Options]
Allied_CPU_Reaction_Time=01
Weapon_Status_Chance=21
Party_Follow_Distance=30
Default_ACT_Setting=0
Chest_Drop_Chance=3F
Chest_Rare_Chance=3F
Weapon_Experience_Value=B
Spell_Experience_Value=A
Default_Text_Box_Style=3
Long_Magic_Recharge_Time=00D0
Medium_Magic_Recharge_Time=00C0
Short_Magic_Recharge_Time=00B0
Undine_Default_Level=0
Gnome_Default_Level=0
Sylphid_Default_Level=1
Salamando_Default_Level=1
Shade_Default_Level=2
Lumina_Default_Level=2
Luna_Default_Level=2
Dryad_Default_Level=3
Enemy_HP_Scalar=1
Enemy_MP_Scalar=1
Enemy_XP_Scalar=9
Enemy_GP_Scalar=9
Boss_HP_Scalar=3
Boss_MP_Scalar=1
Boss_XP_Scalar=2
Boss_GP_Scalar=2

I'll note that the text anomalies are certainly not limited to pushing text from the left.  For example, the Japanese symbols that came up were on the right side of the box, and sometimes, nothing comes up at all, or comes up corrupted.

Emulator: Snes9x (x64) v1.60 for Windows

January 12, 2021, 12:21:26 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Here's some other stuff while I'm thinking about it:

1)Mech Rider's missiles are some of the most jacked up graphics in vanilla.  I don't know if they're incomplete or the hardware can't handle the effect.  But during my Turbo playthrough, all graphics except the sprite layer kept disappearing for a few seconds at a time whenever he used the missiles at the Northtown fight.
2)More timing issues---a comical one at the end of the Mana Tree discovery sequence (right before Thanatos destroys the Mana Tree)
3)The upper part of the Pure Land snake fight is glitched (possible side effect of a Turbo enhancement?):

https://imgur.com/a/rx1UoHu

The following are things that came up during gameplay that I don't believe I had checked (same settings as the spoiler above), but still happened:

-Alternate spells for the first Gigas
-Alternate sprite for Karon (I wasn't expecting this and it scared the bejeezus out of me)
-Bettie uses hammers, no chainsaw
-Alternate fanfares (I think these were actually implemented in Reborn, but I never realized it)
-Alternate boss music at the Mana Fortress

There were probably more I forgot about. 

This is example of text disappearing without being pushed from the left:

https://imgur.com/a/IqSt6Ko
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 12:23:12 am by ManaRedux »

Queue

• View Profile
Re: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 210111
« Reply #1719 on: January 12, 2021, 01:41:45 am »
Version 2021-01-11:
https://filebin.net/7spaiz2xfys6b2i1/SoM_Turbo.210111.zip

Changes:
- implemented Quality_of_Life\New_Fullscreen_Menu_Controls; allows changing between Status and Weapon/Magic Level menus by pressing Start, and cycling through characters on either menu by pressing X
- implemented Bug_Fixes\Mode_7_Boss_UI; fixes 3 bugs with the UI during the slime and final boss fights (flipped tile on text box border, wrong text box background color when clearing the text box, wrong stamina recharge HUD colors for the girl and sprite if the boy is charging an attack)

Quote from: ManaRedux
1)Mech Rider's missiles are some of the most jacked up graphics in vanilla.  I don't know if they're incomplete or the hardware can't handle the effect.  But during my Turbo playthrough, all graphics except the sprite layer kept disappearing for a few seconds at a time whenever he used the missiles at the Northtown fight.
2)More timing issues---a comical one at the end of the Mana Tree discovery sequence (right before Thanatos destroys the Mana Tree)
3)The upper part of the Pure Land snake fight is glitched (possible side effect of a Turbo enhancement?): https://imgur.com/a/rx1UoHu

4)-Alternate spells for the first Gigas
5)-Alternate sprite for Karon (I wasn't expecting this and it scared the bejeezus out of me)
6)-Bettie uses hammers, no chainsaw
7)-Alternate fanfares (I think these were actually implemented in Reborn, but I never realized it)
8)-Alternate boss music at the Mana Fortress
Numbered everything:
1) I'll need to go look at this. What you're describing sounds worse than expected.
2) D'oh. Bug hunting the past few days meant I haven't pursued fixes for timing yet.
3) That looks like memory corruption. Given that I think you're still on 210107 and the sprite's using a boomerang, that's my suspicion. But I'll go double-check that fight all the same.
4) I checked your ROM and Fire Gigas had vanilla spells. What did you encounter versus what did you expect?
5) You had that On: Graphics\Alternate_Karon
6) You didn't have that On: Miscellaneous\Restore_Kettle_Kin (you have the Miscellaneous section Off)
7) You had that On: Audio\Restore_Unused_Fanfares
8) You had that On: Audio\Different_Fortress_Boss_Music
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 02:03:18 am by Queue »