News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 200118  (Read 176385 times)

hmsong

• View Profile
Re: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 191205
« Reply #1020 on: December 06, 2019, 02:47:26 am »
Well, making some enemies absorbing their own element is no big deal, SD3 did that it was never a problem for me at any point.

Hmm.  On second thought, I guess that works.  Now that I think about it, that can work well (esp Gigas).

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 06, 2019, 04:47:54 am »
hmsong, I'll have to get back to you on the Mana Beast's weapons. His AI code is a mess so I think I'll have to just go fight him, try and get him to use all his attacks, and just take note of which weapons he uses; I may not have a chance to play like that until after the weekend.

Yes, Persistent Saber Buffs is supposed to affect the players; there's a lot of overlap between normal enemy and player code so separating the two would've been more work than just making things work the same for both.

Thanks for testing Spring Beak and Axe Beak. Like the Mana Beast, I should have time to just go fight Axe Beak and check what he's actually doing in a few days.

That damage math was working as expected, even if you're surprised by the result. The secondary Saber damage bonus (based on the Saber spell level) is huge, 50% at level 8 (33% at level 7), and is the vanilla formula. Bonus_Weapon_Damage has a 25% damage penalty on strong element match, so it's still a 25% bonus if the Saber buff is level 8 (8% at level 7).

Like Mr X, I wouldn't be worried if a strong element match caused healing, since by the time that's a problem you'd have options to fix the situation (more so than with certain character combinations in Trials of Mana; I had trouble, for example, with a group that only had Dark Saber when fighting the Black Rabite). Consider the earliest it would happen would be the Fire Gigas, and only if you have that feature enabled, and you'd already have Ice Saber available to compensate (though admittedly mana is at a premium that early).

But healing is actually sort've a pain in the butt to implement within the constraints of the damage formula. What I may try is just a much larger damage penalty, maybe even reducing to zero at that point in the damage formula. I'd have to double check exactly what a successful evade does to the damage, but I don't recall it necessarily being that big, but maybe a guaranteed evasion success would be a good alternative to simply zeroing the damage (dodge animation occurs when damage is 0, and successful evasion just causes a reduction in damage, but not necessarily to 0).

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 06, 2019, 09:14:13 am »
@Queue

I'm very grateful that you would test out the Mana Beast attacks.  I hope you find lots of things from your tests.

Wow, so that's how saber magic works.  50%?  Yikes.  But yeah, instead of absorbing the same element, being immune (or very small damage) works even better.  As long as it results in the same element saber doing significantly less damage to the same element monsters (relative to the normal attack, even at Lv8 magic), I'll be happy.

So... how goes implementing Stardust Herb patch?  I guess it's a lot more complicated than I thought it would be.  I heard it screws with Magical Herb too (although I have no idea why that would be the case).

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 07, 2019, 02:57:36 pm »
Stardust Herb's just been low priority given the stuff I have to double-check to get it imported and its compatibility stuff set up.

So a problem with having the saber element match a target's strong element causing zero damage is it means health / mana drain doesn't get reversed. So Moon Saber on a Luna enemy that's also Undead / Ghost won't give them your health, and Shadow Saber on a Shade enemy that's also Undead / Ghost won't give them your mana. Probably an acceptable loss but still seems like a bummer.

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 07, 2019, 03:40:46 pm »
Hm how about just leaving it as 1  to very low damage depending on enemy. I wouldn't sacrifice that perk of the undead enemies, definitely feels like a bummer, imo

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 07, 2019, 04:26:59 pm »
With my current approach, that's unfortunately not easily done: the change to damage happens before defense is subtracted. I would be able to make the element match check happen separately later, but that will take some time (more than I have at the moment).

My current objective is to deal with some bugs from Persistent_Saber_Buffs (reaper being miscolored, weapon element sometimes stacking up / not clearing, etc.).

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 07, 2019, 06:22:12 pm »
With my current approach, that's unfortunately not easily done: the change to damage happens before defense is subtracted. I would be able to make the element match check happen separately later, but that will take some time (more than I have at the moment).

My current objective is to deal with some bugs from Persistent_Saber_Buffs (reaper being miscolored, weapon element sometimes stacking up / not clearing, etc.).

Yikes.  Weapon element sometimes stacking up/not clearing seems like a big problem.  I didn't even know that until you mentioned it, and I confirmed it by testing.  Yeah, that takes priority over others.

Also, the new [Some Buffs Bypass Wall] doesn't seem to work.  I'm not entirely sure why.  Could you check?  I think it has something to do with:
Code: [Select]
&(mods)\Magic\WallBypass\Buffs
IFNOT Some_Buffs_Bypass_Wall
REQ Spell_System_Extensions
REQ Spell_Balance_Overhaul ' compat
ENDIF

Also, should it not have "IF _Dust_Flare_-_Replaces_Fire_Bouquet" or something for Speed Up?  Is that because Dust Flare patch copies after the bypass patch switches things around?

Also, could you add the Analyzer to the Bypass Wall?

@OFF %Spell.Data.Analyzer%Target%
RAW Spell.Target.Enemies.WallBypass

With this, all four main elements (plus Luna) will have one Bypass Wall spells, assuming Dust Flare is applied.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 08:52:53 am by hmsong »

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 08, 2019, 04:45:12 pm »
Whoops, Some_Buffs_Bypass_Wall doesn't work because Spell_System_Extensions is overwriting its changes.

To explain the IFNOT... what that is doing is, if Some_Buffs_Bypass_Wall is On, then it has no REQ's (meaning it's enabled). If Some_Buffs_Bypass_Wall is Off, then instead REQ Spell_System_Extensions AND Spell_Balance_Overhaul (because we want Spell_Balance_Overhaul to forcibly include it, and because Spell_Balance_Overhaul is dependent on Spell_System_Extensions).

Dust Flare doesn't need any special accommodation because it happens after Some_Buffs_Bypass_Wall, so its COPY copies the change to Speed Up made by Some_Buffs_Bypass_Wall.

Yes, I'll add Analyzer. It's not a buff... I should probably just rename the feature to Some_Spells_Bypass_Wall since the point is to resolve AI bugs and contrived inconvenience (I don't really care about element feature parity because symmetry, etc. is super boring).

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 08, 2019, 05:51:49 pm »
Whoops, Some_Buffs_Bypass_Wall doesn't work because Spell_System_Extensions is overwriting its changes.

To explain the IFNOT... what that is doing is, if Some_Buffs_Bypass_Wall is On, then it has no REQ's (meaning it's enabled). If Some_Buffs_Bypass_Wall is Off, then instead REQ Spell_System_Extensions AND Spell_Balance_Overhaul (because we want Spell_Balance_Overhaul to forcibly include it, and because Spell_Balance_Overhaul is dependent on Spell_System_Extensions).

Dust Flare doesn't need any special accommodation because it happens after Some_Buffs_Bypass_Wall, so its COPY copies the change to Speed Up made by Some_Buffs_Bypass_Wall.

Yes, I'll add Analyzer. It's not a buff... I should probably just rename the feature to Some_Spells_Bypass_Wall since the point is to resolve AI bugs and contrived inconvenience (I don't really care about element feature parity because symmetry, etc. is super boring).

Oh wow, I didn't know you can make certain patches be force-included if another patch is not enabled.  Great!

Thank you for including Analyzer.

Eids

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 08, 2019, 09:26:04 pm »
It's been a while since I last posted here.

I managed to play through the entire game for the first time on TurboTM with 3 players, and what a ride! We laughed. We cried. We cried while laughing.

The game itself suffers from so many problems not seen in many of today's games that getting through it was an incredible chore. I am so glad this patch exists because after I told my friends what it'd be like without the patch (For example, "You have to wait a few seconds before attacking because of the Stamina Bar."), they almost didn't want to continue.

The Turbo patch worked great! Although we could never get the Equip 2nd Weapon or Quickspell Hotkeys to work, all the other options I enabled worked like a charm.

We did encounter a confusing and hilarious glitch at the end, though I'm not sure if it was due to the hack.

Spoiler:
As Randi places the sword back and the screen turns to black, text about "Time flows like a river, and history repeats..." appears. And pressing a button will cause it to repeat. Over and over. We thought it was some sort of joke at first and would stop, but nope! It just kept repeating! After we stopped laughing, Player 3 pressed Right and the words "then ends" became highlighted in pink, and after pressing A, the final The End screen showed. We couldn't find a way to get past that screen as the game didn't respond to any controls then.

I was a fool for enabling the following:
Magic Recharging - It just slows the pacing of the game for everyone since menus take so long to navigate and freeze gameplay for everyone.
MP Absorb - Reversible - Making your magic user's most crucial resource work against you is a bad idea.
Circular Forging - The idea sounds good, because some weapons can inflict certain statuses. But the reality is weapon types don't matter, damage doesn't really matter, and the prompt to revert to level 1 isn't very obvious since it says "Level-8-Item-Name -->... 25000L". 25000L is the highest upgrade cost for weapons, and the weapons' names sound cool, so it makes sense that this would be the final upgrade. But no, it actually puts you to level 1. The name shown is the weapon you currently have, not what you are upgrading to!

If this is your first time playing, don't make my mistakes!

Final Notes:
I still don't know what a Midge Mallet is. Or what Barrels are for. But I do know that this game was made much better thanks to you and the others who contributed to it. Thank you again for making Secret of Mana an unforgettable experience for the three of us.  :)

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 09, 2019, 08:18:39 pm »
Eids, I'm glad you enjoyed it and really appreciate all that feedback. I assume answering some of the lingering questions you had won't do a lot of good since you finished the game, but it should be fun for me to type up and hopefully interesting or informative for anyone to read.

Regarding Equip_2nd_Weapon and QuickSpell_Hotkeys, they certainly could use some usability improvements, because you're not the only one who found them perplexing. QuickSpell_Hotkeys are especially confusing to set up.

What you encountered at the end actually wasn't a glitch, but the New Game Plus prompt.
- If you press Y (cancel), the message will repeat.
- If you don't press a direction and press B (confirm), the message will repeat.
- If you press right once, "repeats" will be highlighted; if you then press B (confirm), the game will restart at the intro log cutscene.
- If you press right twice (or left once), "then ends" will be highlighted; if you then press B (confirm), the game will show the "The End" screen.
- Multiplayer makes things more confusing since it can be unclear who has control over the dialogue prompt.

At the "The End" screen, you can hold L + R + Select + Start to reset the game, or reset the SNES (or just turn it off); this is the vanilla behavior for when you reach that "The End" screen.

I hadn't considered how deceptive Circular Forging is... hm, I'll try to find a solution to that. Maybe I can add in some sort of confirmation message that explains it'll reset to level 1. I made it specifically because some weapon status effects are more valuable than the tiny damage boost of a higher level weapon and I didn't want to feel I'd need to reload a save if I accidentally forged a weapon beyond the level I wanted to use, but its not very essential functionality.

The Midge Mallet is a reward from the Dwarf Village chieftain (back in Gaia's Navel) for returning later in the game to visit. Since NPCs in most places in the game don't even change their dialogue if you revisit them, it's not weird to not consider going back there.

Barrels are pretty bad and confusing. You put them on a party member to make them invulnerable, but it also makes it so they cannot attack. Remove_Barrels_On_Run makes them a little more usable than vanilla, but they're still functionally the same. Barrels could be replaced with a new item and no one would miss them.

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 10, 2019, 01:06:52 am »
I don't have an issue with circular forging, by the end of the game I have enough money from the mana fortress anyway. You could also use the feature of Lunar Magic/Lunatic to transform some monsters into mimic to get equipment to sell, if you really are in need of money.

What I started to do in my recent playthrough after reaching level 8 or 8:99 weapons I forge some of them back. Especially how op poison is in this game I forge the Boomerang back to the Cobra Shuttle, and equip it as the 2nd weapon to the Hero, hit with the boomerang the enemies till he poisons them, then switch to the sword for pure damage. While forging the Axe back to level 8 so the Girl gets extra strength points.

There are also alternatives in form of sabers also, Light saber is very effective in mana fortress, I think it's nice to be forced to spend some mp to use it smartly, outside bosses also.

Magic recharge is actually really good Eids, in the original you rarely ever would attack with weapons, magic chain cast was just a broken feature in the game, it made the original game pathethically easy. It fixes at least that issue.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 07:13:15 am by Mr X »

Queue

• View Profile
Re: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 191210
« Reply #1032 on: December 10, 2019, 03:00:34 pm »
Version 2019-12-10:
https://ufile.io/js0zacy1

Changes:
- Renamed Some_Buffs_Bypass_Wall to Some_Spells_Bypass_Wall and added Analyzer
- Fixed Some_Spells_Bypass_Wall's conflict with Spell_System_Extensions and moved it to near the bottom of the Magic section to better reflect its patching order
- Implemented initial version of Strong_Element_Immunity; simply makes a saber buff element matching an enemy's element do 0 damage, will likely be changed in the future
- Fixed buggy Persistent_Saber_Buffs behavior where you could stack saber buffs; this still causes the reaper, engulfed, barreled and ballooned to be discolored, but I intend to fix those (they're just cosmetic so wanted to get the actual bug fix part out for testing)
- Implemented New_Spell_Targeting_Controls: up = target all, left / right = cycle target, down = reset to initial target
- Slightly altered QuickSpell_Hotkeys targeting controls to match New_Spell_Targeting_Controls
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 06:24:28 pm by Queue »

Eids

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 10, 2019, 07:09:42 pm »
@Queue

Thank you for the explanations!

Spoiler:
The ending part now makes a little more sense now knowing it's intentional and that the text is supposed to be highlighted and selected by the player. The only thing is that only the vertical line part of the letter 'r' in 'repeats' was pink, leading us to believe it was just a visual glitch and not an actual selection. I never saw 'repeats' all in pink, which means one of us (probably P3) pressed Left at one point and got 'then ends' highlighted.

I'm so used to games ending with credits and then prompting the player to save or at least go back to the main menu, so that's on me. It's interesting to know that SoM just ends and requires a console reset to get it to play again.

And I guess we skipped the Midge Mallet in the end! Our Primm was overworked to fix getting shrunk haha...
Barrels seem like they might be useful for AI controlled partners! We just ran past enemies we didn't want to fight.

@Mr X
I never saw an enemy Transform into a Mimic, so I guess I'm unlucky. Lunatic was best summed up during our game as, "Dang it, Popoi (me)... Nothing good ever comes out of you using Lunatic!" followed by Primm fixing our statuses lol. Fortunately, we were never short on cash, though I ended up blowing through most of it at a Neko's shop at the end of the game to get new equipment. The money part isn't the issue I was having though, it was my interpreting of seeing a high Cost value at the blacksmith and expecting to get an upgrade, not a downgrade.

While weapon-inflicting-statuses sound neat, we never cared about keeping certain weapons because everything died pretty quick when you have 3 people pummeling on them. Stats also didn't matter. De/Buffs didn't matter. Weapon types didn't matter. Spells... only mattered during bosses. Everything was dealt with through sheer mashing of Attack.

That's makes more sense to see why Magic Recharging was added. While I still personally wouldn't recommend it, one of the things I really like about Turbo is how there are so many options to pick exactly how you want to play. :)

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 10, 2019, 11:02:30 pm »
[Some_Spells_Bypass_Wall] works great.  I totally forgot about Analyzer targeting the chest.  Thanks for the correction.

[Strong_Element_Immunity] works great too.  I was afraid that it would apply to regular magic too, but my fear was unfounded (although that could be interesting too).  Why would this "likely be changed in the future"?

[Persistent_Saber_Buffs] fix is great.  I see that the graphic gets related if the target has a saber magic applied.  I didn't even know this until you mentioned it.  I noticed a while ago that during the Mana Beast fight, Cup of Wishes gets weird color.  Is that related to this problem?

[New_Spell_Targeting_Controls] works great.  It is absolutely fantastic.  I didn't even know I wanted this until you created it.  Thank you.

I noticed something while test playing -- Farmable Sword Orb's enemy Snowman common drops 4B item (usually Faerie Coconut), but what if the user decides to NOT use Faerie Coconut patch? (nor Stardust Herb)  I got an item (forgot the name) that doesn't do anything (plays Cure Water animation).  Perhaps the Snowman should common drop something else, for those people (weird people).  Faerie Walnut?  Candy?  Barrel?  Money?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 02:54:12 am by hmsong »

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: December 11, 2019, 05:05:05 pm »
For Strong_Element_Immunity, changed in the future would be something like, changed to not be 0 and heal the enemy if undead / ghost if moon saber, and do the inverted mana drain if shadow saber.

I'm not really sure what you mean by the sentence "I see that the graphic gets related if the target has a saber magic applied." Are you just confirming the color issues for reaper, engulf, barrel, balloon?

I've barely looked at the color issues during the Mana Beast fight, but I think that's due to the Mana Beast fight having unusual palette layout and possible overwriting parts of palette data normally used by the UI. Regardless, the Mana Beast fight is programmed very differently than a lot of the game and pulls lots of weird tricks to get the UI to work at all.

It's intentional that the sword orb snowman drops the unused item if a patch doesn't change it into something else. His name is "?" and the unused item is "?" so it's just a harmless easter egg of sorts.

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 11, 2019, 05:37:07 pm »
I'm not really sure what you mean by the sentence "I see that the graphic gets related if the target has a saber magic applied." Are you just confirming the color issues for reaper, engulf, barrel, balloon?

It's intentional that the sword orb snowman drops the unused item if a patch doesn't change it into something else. His name is "?" and the unused item is "?" so it's just a harmless easter egg of sorts.

Sorry for my confusing words.  Yes, I'm just confirming the color issues for those things (they only have issues if the saber magic is applied, which is why I never noticed before).

Ahh, so it was intentional for the ? Snowman drop.  Thank you.

Yeah, the color of the item getting screwed during Mana Beast fight was indeed vanilla behavior.  I think it screws with 9th item (not entirely sure) at the moment of the menu close (so if you closed the menu window while at 2nd item, then the 10th item will have color screwed up).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 11:39:06 pm by hmsong »

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 13, 2019, 02:33:01 pm »
Ok, so some info for the Mana Beast fight. The following is only true during the Mana Beast fight and normally works differently.

The text at the top of the screen is done via the sprite layer which is why it discolors when switching menus as an icon flies by the top of the screen (the icon's colors override the text box, basically).

There isn't enough palette memory for more than 9 icons so icons 10+ (which only happens in the item menu) have their palette overwritten; technically they have the correct colors for just a moment before they're overwritten. Item icons are loaded starting at the cursor position and going clockwise, so you can control which icons are loaded last and discolored.

The Mana Beast uses at least Boss Weapons 0x6F, 0x71 and 0x72. To calculate where that data is, it's $D0BDC1 + boss_weapon_number * 7, so for example, 0x6F starts at $D0C0CA. I never saw him use weapon 0x70 but it would make sense that it's also a Mana Beast weapon (maybe for a left-to-right fly-by?).

Right-to-left flyby is 0x6F.
Downward fly-by is 0x71.
Upward fly-by is also 0x71.
Fire spiral is 0x72.

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 13, 2019, 05:57:17 pm »
Woot, thank you.  I shall play with it to make him a bit of a less wimp.

December 15, 2019, 10:06:11 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Okay, first, I found a bug.  For whatever reason, Mana Sword (after casting Mana Magic on Randi from both Popoi and Primm) doesn't do any damage against the Mana Beast.  Any idea why?  My guess is that it's related to the recent Saber immunity change.

Second, some updates:

Enemy_Behavior_Changes (just the bosses)

Blue Spike   Fireball --> Lucent Beam
Thunder Gigas   Thunder Saber target = All enemies
Hexas      Dispel --> Dark Force (Lunar Magic if Celestial_Cascade is enabled)
Dark Lich   Evil Gate/Shadow Saber target = All enemies (if Useful_Evil_Gate or Shadow Saber is enabled)
Dark Lich   HP Absorb --> MP Absorb
Dark Lich   Dispel Magic --> Dust Flare (if Dust_Flare is enabled)
Dark Lich   Thunderbolt --> Lunar Magic (if Spell_Balance_Overhaul is enabled)
Dark Lich   Earth Slide --> Lava Wave (if Spell_Balance_Overhaul is enabled)
Dark Lich   Freeze --> Acid Storm (if Spell_Balance_Overhaul is enabled)
Red Dragon   Exploder target = All enemies (if Hellfire is enabled)

@OFF $C2DC24 ' Blue Spike Fireball --> Lucent Beam
RAW 28

@OFF $C2E11D ' Thunder Gigas Thunder Saber target = All enemies
RAW 01

IF [Magic] ' compat
IF Spell_System_Extensions
IF _Lunar_Magic_-_Celestial_Cascade
@OFF $C2E273 ' Hexas Dispel --> Lunar Magic
RAW 1A
ENDIF x3
IF [Magic]
IFNOT _Lunar_Magic_-_Celestial_Cascade
@OFF $C2E273 ' Hexas Dispel --> Dark Force
RAW 25
ENDIF x3
IF [Magic]
IFNOT Spell_System_Extensions
RAW 25
ENDIF x2
IFNOT [Magic]
RAW 25
ENDIF x1

IFNOT Harder_Final_Boss
IF [Magic] ' compat
IF Evil_Gate_-_More_Useful
@OFF $C2E977 ' Dark Lich Evil Gate target = All enemies
RAW 01
ENDIF x3
IFNOT Harder_Final_Boss
IF [Magic]
IF _Shadow_Saber_-_Replaces_Evil_Gate
@OFF $C2E977 ' Dark Lich Shadow Saber target = All enemies
RAW 01
ENDIF x4
@OFF $C2E97D ' Dark Lich HP Absorb --> MP Absorb
RAW 19
IFNOT Harder_Final_Boss
IF [Magic]
IF _Dust_Flare_-_Replaces_Fire_Bouquet
@OFF $C2E98B ' Dark Lich Dispel Magic --> Dust Flare
RAW 04
ENDIF x4
IFNOT Harder_Final_Boss
IF [Magic]
IF Spell_Balance_Overhaul
@OFF $C2E992 ' Dark Lich Thunderbolt --> Lunar Magic
RAW 1A
@OFF $C2E999 ' Dark Lich Earth Slide --> Lava Wave
RAW 0E
@OFF $C2E9A0 ' Dark Lich Freeze --> Acid Storm
RAW 07
ENDIF x3

IF [Magic]
IF Hellfire_-_Replaces_Exploder ' compat
@OFF $C2F129 ' Red Dragon Exploder target = All enemies
RAW 01
ENDIF x2

Enemy_Stat_Changes:

Mana Beast (Physical Power Up)

@OFF $D0C0CD ' Mana Beast Attack 1 (right-to-left flyby) Strength = 120
RAW 78
@OFF $D0C0D4 ' Mana Beast Attack 2 (?)  Strength = 120
RAW 78
@OFF $D0C0DB ' Mana Beast Attack 3 (back-to-front flyby)  Strength = 120
RAW 78
@OFF $D0C0E2 ' Mana Beast Attack 4 (fire spiral breath)  Strength = 125
RAW 7D

Enemy Type And Element Changes (adding/editing a few for the 4 empire bosses):

' Aegagropilon (Plant --> Plant + Undead/Demon)
@OFF $D02884
RAW 22

' Hexas (Undead/Demon --> Undead/Demon + Slime/Lizard)
@OFF $D028A1
RAW 30
' Hexas (None --> Luna)
@OFF $D028A2
RAW 40

' Mech Rider Mark III (Insect/Solid --> Insect/Solid + Undead/Demon)
@OFF $D028F8
RAW 24

' Dark Lich (Undead/Demon --> Undead/Demon + Gas/Ghost)
@OFF $D029C3
RAW 60
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 10:37:08 am by hmsong »

mrjane

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 15, 2019, 12:13:30 pm »
Hey, so we just finished Ice Country, beat Santa, all that. Then we went to the desert, wandered around until we got the "My throat's dry" message and then went north to find the ship. Problem is, once we get to the ship, nothing happens. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way to fix it? It's happen twice to use (We also tried to go to the desert first, before Ice Country) and we go the same bug. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I read back in the forum a bit and found that someone else also reported this problem. I saw that a version 191115 had been released (I had 191113), so I'll repatch a rom and see if I still have the issue.

EDIT 2: Yup, worked great after I applied the newer patch. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 01:46:16 pm by mrjane »