News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 191018  (Read 76913 times)

zoolgremlin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Steam Profile Name: keeperofcastlegreydusk
    • View Profile
Re: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 191006
« Reply #660 on: October 10, 2019, 11:25:12 am »
Just a quick note from me this time, since I'm pretty sure everyone's at work or asleep right now, heh...  :D

I tried altering [Defensive_Petrify] to add a flat 100 points to Defence when Petrified, and (EDIT) earlier on said it didn't work, but it did.  The reason why it appeared to me as though it hadn't?  I was attacking a Rabite with the Rusty Sword set to Petrify 100% of the time, and hadn't altered the Rabite's Evade% to be higher than 0.  So it (almost) got the Defence bonus, but 0 Evade% meant it couldn't benefit from it.  Probably gonna have to fully explain how the Weapon Damage algorithm works at some later date, in a new Document.  But this was the same sort of issue that zhaDe found out about, back in the New_Game_Improvement days.  Much to his frustration, I gather...  :crazy:

Once again, the default code under the @OFF Petrify_Defense part of the mod:

Spoiler:
BIT+X   $E190   ' STATUS_EFFECTS_LO

' overwritten code $C05155
REP   #20
LDA   $87   ' temp, defense

BVS   *petrify   ' 0x40
RTL
*petrify
LSR      ' /2
ADC   #0000   ' round up
LSR      ' /4
'CLC      ' round down
ADC   $87   ' temp, defense
RTL

Change it to this:

Spoiler:
BIT+X   $E190   ' STATUS_EFFECTS_LO

' overwritten code $C05155
REP   #20
LDA   $87   ' temp, defense

BVS   *petrify   ' 0x40
RTL
*petrify
NOP      ' /2  <- (1st Change)
ADC   #0063   ' round up <- (2nd Change)
NOP      ' /4  <- (3rd Change)
'CLC      ' round down
ADC   $87   ' temp, defense
RTL

... where my Comments in bold are (just the code is needed, not my Comments), and now the mod will add a flat 100pt bonus to Defence Power (TempVar $87), as requested.  That was easier than it appeared, after apparently not working the first time.

On another positive note, I have finally written a small module that gives monsters and bosses the same "Mana Seed Bonus" to all (EDIT:  Strong when Hit%/SpAcc check passed) weapon attacks and spells, that is granted to the characters.  Haven't added that to my ZPS trial download or Prototype Shortlist on GDrive yet, but it seems to work without bugs.  So far... gotta play through to make sure!  More on that later...  8)

I'm sorry, did I say this would be quick?!  Please to be excused (EDIT:  again), uhhh... see you all again soon, hehe.   :-X
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 11:07:36 pm by zoolgremlin »
If you try to fail, and succeed, what've you done?!

teahouser

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 10, 2019, 02:47:23 pm »
teahouser, Quality_of_Life\Equip_2nd_Weapon overrides the X hotkey to be a weapon swap hotkey. You can still access teammate menus by going to your character's menu first (using Y) and then pressing X. And obviously if you don't use the weapon swap feature, or just can't cope without one-button teammate menu access, you can just disable Equip_2nd_Weapon.

Thank you for the reply, I really enjoy the quick weapon swap being X, but I had no idea you could press X when the ring menu is up for the controlled character to switch between the AI ring menus. That's exactly what I wanted to be able to do and still have X switch weapons.

Really having fun playing through Turbo with my gf. I just have a question about the spell hotkeys. Once I have a bunch of spells programmed to the dpad inputs, is there a way to quickly reset both the spell dpad lists to empty so I can start over from scratch?

EDIT: Noticed this on the first post "Can reset QuickSpell menu with 'X'/'Y'" I've tried pressing X and Y down but all the spells stay in the dpad. I must be doing something wrong lol.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 02:58:21 pm by teahouser »

Queue

• View Profile
Re: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 191010
« Reply #662 on: October 10, 2019, 04:29:55 pm »
Version 2019-10-10:
https://ufile.io/0lpieewj

Changes:
- Updated kethinov's Herbal Boost to v1.1
- Updated kethinov's Remove Empire Castle Gate Permanently to v1.2 (but forgot to bump the version number in the description); did compatibility junk for VWF Edition and Relocalized (and think I got the dependency on Northtown_Woods_Treasure and conflict with Weapons_Progression_Balance set up to match kethinov's design)
- Added kethinov's Sheex is a Master Ninja v1.1; did compatibility junk for VWF Edition and Relocalized (took a different approach for the event edits, should be reviewed)
- Tidy map treatment for the witch's castle exterior (this took 3 days!)
- Implemented Miscellaneous\Accessible_Ramparts; allows access to the southern ramparts of the witch's castle (requires Tidy_Map_Pieces)

teahouser, that "reset" isn't what you think, it just moves the spell cast selection cursor (like, for the spell cast UI when in combat) back to the center. There currently isn't any easy way of resetting the quick spell hotkeys.

teahouser

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 10, 2019, 05:32:56 pm »
Ok that makes sense, not a big issue at all as once I have more spells than dpad inputs I'll probably program them all at once anyways. Thanks for the reply.

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 10, 2019, 10:04:51 pm »
@Queue

I don't understand what you mean by Accessible_Ramparts.  It's on witch's castle, but which part were you talking about?  It doesn't seem like I see any difference.  Also, 3 days?  Yikes.  I don't know what was wrong with vanilla, but wow.  Doing the tidy map must be absurdly tedious.

Also, do you have any plans on modifying the Frosty SE?  If not, that's cool.  I just wanted to know, that's all.

EDIT:  Are you talking about the top of the castle walls? (outside the castle, but before the magic circle to the forest)  I saw a werewolf on top of that wall, and I was able to phase to the top of the wall from that center ledge.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 10:09:56 pm by hmsong »

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 10, 2019, 10:25:04 pm »
Almost all map edits are insanely tedious, but I find them fun to do occasionally since it's a sort of number-placement puzzle (I usually have to out-think the software that did the original map data compression, which varies in difficulty from map to map). The only thing someone might notice on the witch's castle between vanilla and after I tidied it up, is some of the shadows up on the main structure, but still probably only if they knew what to look for. Technically though I fixed some of the ground tiles, the bottom left wall corner of the southern wall, and made it possible to walk behind all 4 towers (while up on the walls); this actually required modifying tileset 14 in addition to the map itself.

Accessible_Ramparts adds, uh, pretend they're ladders, to the southern wall so you can get up on them; it's pointless and just for fun (after the actual map tidy work, adding the ability to get on the south wall was like 4 bytes changed). I made it a separate feature rather than just silently including it in Tidy_Map_Pieces because it causes a visual change (the tiles that you climb up on) and because it has zero bug-fixing necessity; in contrast, the tidied version of the Grand Palace whip room, even though it has some tiny effect on gameplay due to having to change collision on some tiles, all of those collision changes are to prevent bugs (where whip posts can get you stuck in vanilla).

Regarding frostied, honestly, no clue. I think I need to overhaul snowman animations first, and I have no idea when that's going to happen. It would be safe to assume it won't happen soon.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 10:31:11 pm by Queue »

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 11, 2019, 01:23:07 am »
@zoolgremlin

Yeah, I did your code for petrify, and it makes the victims unkillable.

teahouser

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 11, 2019, 01:39:49 am »
So I came across a small bug, when I'm assigning dpad locations for spells, some positions map the spell into the reverse spot I actually choose. When putting a spell into the Up or Down dpad location, it maps correctly. If I try to put the spell into the diagonal Right/Up position it will map to the Left/Up spot. Selecting Left/Up then press B and same thing maps reverse to Right/Up position, same for bottom diagonals. Spells selected for Right dpad will map Left dpad, Left dpad selection maps to Right side.

Is this normal? If it's not I do have reverse ring menu and reverse shop menu patches on, that's the only thing I can think of that I have turned on that would reverse the spell mapping like that (but not reverse the Up and Down spell locations, which makes sense sinse those two patches reverse the left/right movement of the rings, it doesn't affect the up/down menu switching.

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 11, 2019, 06:43:27 pm »
@Queue

Hey, could you add/update these things in the next patch?

--------
Alternate_Shape_Shifter_List:

Mimic Box --> Mimic Box (same)
Rabite --> Mushgloom
Eggplant Man --> Eggplant Man (same)
Captain Duck --> Captain Duck (same)
Beast Zombie --> Gremlin
Code: [Select]
'' Mimic Box --> Mimic Box (same)
'@OFF $D09CF3
'RAW 2D

' Rabite --> Mushgloom
@OFF $D09CFB
RAW 2A

'' Eggplant Man --> Eggplant Man (same)
'@OFF $D09D03
'RAW 40

'' Captain Duck --> Captain Duck (same)
'@OFF $D09D0B
'RAW 41

' Beast Zombie --> Gremlin
@OFF $D09D10
RAW 46

--------
Enemy_Type_And_Element_Changes:

Eye Spy (Water --> None)
Blat (None --> Air)
Chess Knight (Dryad --> Luna)
Robin Foot (None --> Fire)
Tomato Man (Fire --> None)
Mystic Book (None --> Light)
Mad Mallard (Human --> Animal/Bird)
Mimic Box (Plant/Fish --> Dragon)
Ghost (Dark --> Light)
Weepy Eye (Plant/Fish --> Insect/Solid)
Imp (Dark --> Fire)
Metal Crab (None --> Air)
Eggplant Man (None --> Light)
Captain Duck (Human --> Animal/Bird)
Captain Duck (None --> Fire)
Wolf Lord (Dark --> Luna)
Mantis Ant (Earth --> None)
Wall Face (Air --> Earth)
Jabberwocky (Slime/Lizard --> Dragon)
Snap Dragon (Dragon --> Slime/Lizard)
Metal Mantis (None --> Air)
Lime Slime (Water --> Dark)
Hydra (Slime/Lizard --> Dragon)
Hexas (None --> Luna)
Dragon Worm (Dragon --> Slime/Lizard)
Mana Beast (None --> All element)
' Eye Spy (Water --> None)
@OFF $D01CDA
RAW 00

' Blat (None --> Air)
@OFF $D01D32
RAW 02

' Chess Knight (Dryad --> Luna)
@OFF $D01EE4
RAW 40

' Robin Foot (None --> Fire)
@OFF $D01F3B
RAW 08

' Tomato Man (Fire --> None)
@OFF $D01FE9
RAW 00

' Mystic Book (None --> Light)
@OFF $D02006
RAW 20

' Mad Mallard (Human --> Animal/Bird)
@OFF $D0203F
RAW 08

' Mimic Box (Plant/Fish --> Dragon)
@OFF $D02127
RAW 80

' Ghost (Dark --> Light)
@OFF $D0217F
RAW 20

' Weepy Eye (Plant/Fish --> Insect/Solid)
@OFF $D021D5
RAW 04

' Imp (Dark --> Fire)
@OFF $D0224A
RAW 08

' Metal Crab (None --> Air)
@OFF $D022F8
RAW 02

' Eggplant Man (None --> Light)
@OFF $D0234F
RAW 20

' Captain Duck (Human --> Animal/Bird)
@OFF $D0236B
RAW 08

' Captain Duck (None --> Fire)
@OFF $D0236C
RAW 08

' Wolf Lord (Dark --> Luna)
@OFF $D0251F
RAW 40

' Mantis Ant (Earth --> None)
@OFF $D025EA
RAW 00

' Wall Face (Air --> Earth)
@OFF $D02607
RAW 01

' Jabberwocky (Slime/Lizard --> Dragon)
@OFF $D0267A
RAW 80

' Snap Dragon (Dragon --> Slime/Lizard)
@OFF $D026D1
RAW 10

' Metal Mantis (None --> Air)
@OFF $D02746
RAW 02

' Lime Slime (Water --> Dark)
@OFF $D02811
RAW 10

' Hydra (Slime/Lizard --> Dragon)
@OFF $D02867
RAW 80

' Hexas (None --> Luna)
@OFF $D028A2
RAW 40

' Dragon Worm (Dragon --> Slime/Lizard)
@OFF $D029FD
RAW 10

' Mana Beast (None --> All element)
@OFF $D02A72
RAW FF

--------
Equipment Tweak (NEW):

Metal Crab Common Drop (Vestguard --> Amulet Helm)
National Scar Rare Drop (Amulet Helm --> Vestguard)
Cockatrice Cap M-Def (143 M-Def --> 142 M-Def)
Amulet Helm Stat (matches the original Faerie Crown)
Amulet Helm - Popoi Only
Faerie Crown - Primm Only
Vampire Cape Stat (matches the original Faerie Cloak)
Vampire Cape - Popoi Only
Faerie Cloak - Primm Only
Wolf's Band (Nothing --> +Confuse)
Shield Ring (Nothing --> +Cst+5)
Guardian Ring (Nothing --> +Engulf)
Ninja Gloves (+Slow --> +Slow, +Balloon)
Dragon Ring (Nothing --> +Mire, +Confuse)
Watcher Ring (+Moogle --> +Pygmy, +Moogle)
Amulet Ring (+Petrify --> +Sleep, +Petrify, +Poison)

' Metal Crab Common Drop (Vestguard --> Amulet Helm)
@OFF $D03B84
RAW 12

' National Scar Rare Drop (Amulet Helm --> Vestguard)
@OFF $D03BD0
RAW 26

' Cockatrice Cap M-Def
@OFF $D03F7D
RAW 8E

' Amulet Helm Stat
@OFF $D03F85
RAW 96 17 96

' Amulet Helm - Popoi Only
@OFF $D03F89
RAW 20

' Faerie Crown - Primm Only
@OFF $D03F9D
RAW 40

' Vampire Cape Stat
@OFF $D04056
RAW 44 FA 25 64

' Vampire Cape - Popoi Only
@OFF $D0405B
RAW 20

' Faerie Cloak - Primm Only
@OFF $D0406F
RAW 40

' Wolf's Band (Nothing --> +Confuse)
@OFF $D040AD
RAW 80 00

' Shield Ring (Nothing --> +Cst+5)
@OFF $D040E2
RAW 44

' Guardian Ring (Nothing --> +Engulf)
@OFF $D040FD
RAW 00 40

' Ninja Gloves (+Slow --> +Slow, +Balloon)
@OFF $D04111
RAW 04 01

' Dragon Ring (Nothing --> +Mire, +Confuse)
@OFF $D0411B
RAW 88 00

' Watcher Ring (+Moogle --> +Pygmy, +Moogle)
@OFF $D04125
RAW 00 12

' Amulet Ring (+Petrify --> +Sleep, +Petrify, +Poison)
@OFF $D04139
RAW 50 20
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:08:00 pm by hmsong »

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 11, 2019, 09:21:33 pm »
Quote from: teahouser
Is this normal? If it's not I do have reverse ring menu[...]
Nope, not normal. That was exactly the problem. Fixed for the next release, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Quote from: hmsong
Hey, could you add/update these things in the next patch?
Yep, will do. The item changes will likely be put in the Items category as Equipment_Tweaks, unless you have a specific name in mind. Same regarding the description; I'll whip something up if you don't post a specific description.

What was your reasoning regarding the item stat changes? I can guess, but interested in your thought process.

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 12, 2019, 01:47:14 am »
If Vampire Cape and Amulet Helm match the Farie cloak and crown, would make sense for them to be accessible beforr you defeat the Vampire Lord in mana fortress too. You wont be getting them till after you defeat the Dread Slime.

And with the unique equipment patch on you do have to think more on which equipment to use on whom. I personally prefer that setting more.

zoolgremlin

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 12, 2019, 07:11:51 am »
Mr. X:  I just checked, and both of these Items can be found before Vampire Lord (aka Buffy, hehe...).  The Helm in particular is dropped by National Scar, which first shows up in the Grand Palace.  Long before the Fortress is entered.  Fiend Head only shows up for the first time outside the Fortress main door, and in the first indoor sector.  So just before that boss battle.

That's in Vanilla, by the way.  So unless one is using a mod from this site or somewhere else, that changes the Drop Table, there's no problem in that regard.  Cockatrice Helm and Gauntlet (which have comparable levels of DefPwr) also fall under things that can drop a lot sooner than they're needed for damage-reduction purposes.   Even though they're Rare items... <shrug>

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 12, 2019, 08:27:15 am »
Mr. X:  I just checked, and both of these Items can be found before Vampire Lord (aka Buffy, hehe...).  The Helm in particular is dropped by National Scar, which first shows up in the Grand Palace.  Long before the Fortress is entered.  Fiend Head only shows up for the first time outside the Fortress main door, and in the first indoor sector.  So just before that boss battle.

That's in Vanilla, by the way.  So unless one is using a mod from this site or somewhere else, that changes the Drop Table, there's no problem in that regard.  Cockatrice Helm and Gauntlet (which have comparable levels of DefPwr) also fall under things that can drop a lot sooner than they're needed for damage-reduction purposes.   Even though they're Rare items... <shrug>

I was referring to faerie crown and cloak they are dropped by the Terminators and Master Ninjas.

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 12, 2019, 08:52:08 am »
@Queue

Thank you.  Please whip up some description for the Equipment tweak.  Actually, name it Equipment_Minor_Tweak.  My reasoning for creating this is exactly as you thought -- I wanted unique final equipments for the characters.  Besides, this may actually help for those who are using the Unique Equipment patch.  I switched Metal Crab common drop (Vestguard) with National Scar rare drop (Amulet Helm), because I wanted the final equipments to be only available in the final dungeon (except Griffin Helm, which is obtained from Pure Land).  I thought about moving Griffin Helm with Amulet Ring, but Griffin Helm being available to anyone else other than Griffin Hand is a bit... weird.

As for the rings, I started by giving Dragon Ring (vanilla didn't have any SE protection) Mire SE, then I decided that all the final sets of rings could use some improvement (to specifically outclass the previous weak rings), so I gave them 2 SE protections instead of 1 (Imp Ring already had 2, so I skipped that).  "Upgrade" from the previous rings, sort of.  Amulet Ring was something that's found in the final dungeon, so I gave it 3 SE protections.  That way, even without Faerie Ring (best ring), all other rings would provide ways to defend against any SEs.

Btw, I tried giving one of the rings 0002 Stun SE protection (according to you, you get this by being >25% damaged), and it didn't protect it.  So I don't know what this SE actually is.  Or maybe this is impossible to protect against.

@Mr X

Sadly, everything except Faerie Crown and Faerie Cloak can be accessed before Dread Slime.

EDIT: Oh, zoolgremlin already mentioned that.

@zoolgremlin

All my tweaks were thanks to your guides.  You made them possible.  I'm still working on the shop section, but I'm not expecting it to be done anytime soon, due to it interfering with the Faerie Coconut patch.  Actually, I already have it done, but I'm not releasing to Turbo, because it would interfere with Faerie Coconut patch.

My point is, thank you.

@kethinov

Hey, I still haven't heard back from you about my request for you to take over the Grave Flare project.  Please get back to me.  I'd really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:07:11 am by hmsong »

zoolgremlin

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 12, 2019, 09:30:32 am »
Mr. X:  Oh!  I-in that case, then... what you said!  Sorry for the misunderstanding...  ;D

UPDATE:
Welp... I've really gone and messed up this time.  (Or done something at least.)   ::)

LINK:  Spellcasting Functions

That's not even half a Document yet, but it may give all of us an idea of what it takes, to explain the most important algorithms in this game!   :laugh:

Note that this is mostly a copy/paste from the "Documentation" that I've mentioned several times, a copy of which someone gave to me.  Because this person asked me not to, I am not at liberty to say their name, but this "Documentation" is the disassembly, and analysis, that I'm getting a lot of concrete info from.  Maybe Enker and Regrs gave up their sanity for these documents, since it seems as though nobody has had any contact with them, publically.  Not in this thread, anyway.

As mentioned prior, Regrs may not be active right now on these boards.  zhaDe, who has also seen and expanded upon them, does still have his Account here.  But he might be working on another project, or taking a break from ROMhacking.  I don't know...

The spell functions may not be in such need of spelling out, with the custom script for altering them in zhaDe/Queue's ZPS file being up and running, but working on it is getting me all pumped up for the Monster/Boss AI Documents.  So that's alright then...

I'm still working on it right now.  You can go there and see my cursor hovering around somewhere, if you have time...  :laugh:

@hmsong:  Shucks, 'tweren't no big thing!  Seriously though, you're very welcome.   :)

It might be... that my second version of the Petrify tweak made the monsters unkillable, due to 100 points being quite a high boost to Defence (or Mag. Def. as the case may be).  In the first version, multiplying Defence by 2 would only help the monsters with a non-zero Defence to start with (and a non-zero Evade%).  Only very few of them have high Defence, high Mag. Def. is a little more common than that.  An example would be the Nitro Pumpkins and Shapeshifters.  Both of them eg. have a high Defence to go with their 99 Evade%, making Moon Energy more attractive for "whacking" them, har har.

The damage/effect of most things in the battle system is basically "TempAttPwr" - "TempDefPwr", just with a whole lotta steps taken to calculate each of those.  Soooo... if the latter is high enough, the damage/effect will be either 1 or 0.  1 if it's Magic-based, 0 if it's Weapon-based.  That's my only hypothesis right now, as nothing else I can think of, would be making Petrified targets suddenly be temporarily immortal.

Hope you are still enjoying the ROMhacking studies... cheers!   :beer:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 02:01:18 am by zoolgremlin »

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #675 on: October 12, 2019, 03:42:48 pm »
Another bug: Hydra's arena (first Underground City boss) needs a tidy map treatment at the bottom.
I was looking at this today but am not 100% sure what you're suggesting needs fixing. There's an odd collision issue between the doorway opening and the bit of wall to the right you can walk behind, which I may by able to resolve (but maybe not, it depends on what collision options are available with that tileset); is that what you're referring to or was there something else?

Edit: Scrutinizing the tileset that map uses, yeesh it has quite a few issues. Resolving them will probably solve quite a few things for the three maps (technically 5, but 2 pairs are duplicates) that use it.

hmsong, I don't mind naming it "Equipment Minor Tweaks" (or "Minor Equipment Tweaks" as that'd be more grammatically sane), but "tweak" already means "small change" and minor in this context basically also means "small" so you're requesting the name mean "equipment small small changes"; I'll go with that if it's what you want, but bringing it up in case I can change your mind.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 04:19:01 pm by Queue »

teahouser

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 12, 2019, 07:30:13 pm »
I noticed that when you have kethinov's Revivifier Mana Cost Reduction activated, it still lists the cost at 10 mana instead of 4 in the Girl's Skill Level for magic spells screen.

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 12, 2019, 07:47:35 pm »
That's Relocalized's fault: it added mana costs to the spell descriptions but it's just hardcoded text, it doesn't pull that number from the spell data. Haven't yet decided how I want to handle the compatibility fixups between the spell changes and Relocalized's spell descriptions because even just updating the text along with any spell data change is still a lot of work; way more work than the 1-byte change to spell data that changes the mana cost. I think the correct fix will be to add a new event command that can query and format spell data so the descriptions would be based on the spell data rather than hardcoded, but not something I want to work on right now.

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 12, 2019, 08:02:44 pm »
@Queue

Oh, in that case, please keep it Equipment_Tweaks.  Or whatever you think is fitting title.

Also, I added 3 more entries to the equipment tweaks in the previous post, so please use that (if you copied my previous one to somewhere).

Also, have you thought about making Magical Rope work for the Mana Fortress?  Or Emperor Castle? (Emperor Gate patch is not necessary, since the rope only takes you to the entrance, not outside the gate).  Maybe both, and few other places, like Tasnica?  Let's call it, Better_Magical_Rope.

In Emperor's Castle, make sure to make it so that you can't escape the jail with Magical Rope.  That would be weird.

From what I can tell, Neko save in the Mana Fortress loads up from the last "Entrance" you used.  So there may be issues with Neko save in the Mana Fortress, if people want to save right before the final boss.  Maybe you can make it the following?

Mana Fortress section 1:  (has Ent-1 and Ext-1) -> Magical Rope always takes you to Ent-1.
Mana Fortress Buffy room:  Magical Rope doesn't work.
Mana Fortress section 2:  (has Ent-2 and Ext-2) -> Magical Rope always takes you to Ent-2.
Mana Fortress section 3:  (has Ent-3 and Ext-3) -> Magical Rope takes you to either Ent-3 or Ext-3, depending on the last used teleporter.
Mana Fortress before final bosses:  Magical Rope doesn't work.

That way, you can save right before the final bosses.

Lastly, the saved files have numbers (everytime you save in a cartridge, it has a number).  I think it's from 1~99.  But after 99, and you save once more, the number "resets" back to 1 (or was it 0?).  Could you take a look and maybe make it cap at 99 and stay that way?  Just a minor thing.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 12:46:20 am by hmsong »

teahouser

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 12, 2019, 09:16:47 pm »
That's Relocalized's fault: it added mana costs to the spell descriptions but it's just hardcoded text, it doesn't pull that number from the spell data. Haven't yet decided how I want to handle the compatibility fixups between the spell changes and Relocalized's spell descriptions because even just updating the text along with any spell data change is still a lot of work; way more work than the 1-byte change to spell data that changes the mana cost. I think the correct fix will be to add a new event command that can query and format spell data so the descriptions would be based on the spell data rather than hardcoded, but not something I want to work on right now.

Oh that sounds like a lot of work just for some numbers, I didn't know it was hardcoded text. That's definitely back burner stuff.

Really enjoying my playthrough. The Day/Night cycle, Unique Equipment and Functional fashion are a few of my favorite patches from you. Unique equipment really makes each piece of armor feel special and one of kind, not something you can go to the corner store and grab 3 of. It compliments Functional Fashion, always having all 3 characters have a different fresh look that's fluently changing as new armor is purchased and old pieces handed down to other characters. The Night/Day cycle helps to immerse you into the game. Very thoughtful additions to the game.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 01:26:18 am by teahouser »