Aha (nervous laugh).
Anyways, I scrapped Fire bouquet --> Frost Burn idea, because of two reasons:
1. I couldn't find an Undine spell (among Primm's pool) that will go well into Primm's Salamando's spell pool. Having said that, your HP Absorb <--> Fire Bouquet is an intriguing idea, but Salamando absorbing HP seems... weird. You may have to make a 3-way trade (Luna?).
2. Fire enemies using Ice attacks (such as Spikey Tiger) seemed... weird, and vice versa.
There are several reason why I thought Fire Bouquet <--> Speed Up was a good idea (some were mentioned above):
1. Among Primm's spell list, Gnome has two enhance spells (why would Gnome have Speed Up?), and Salamando has two attack spells (too redundant). Those spells switching places would actually work well. It's for the same reason why I liked Herbal Boost -- Lunar Boost and Moon Energy (they both enhance attack -- no need for Luna to have both).
2. With the addition of Turbo's Mud Saber, there's no mean for Players to inflict petrify SE (other than Lunar Magic). I wanted something that can do that. It's also possible to keep Stone Saber, and make the new Gnome's Fire Bouquet into a <Damage + Mire> spell -- let's call it Dirt Nap or Grave Flare ("one foot in the grave", geddit?).
3. Those spells trading places won't make enemy behaviors weird. In fact, it'll enhance them, in good ways. Mech Riders, Ghoul, and Chess Knight (vanilla has Speed Up) gaining a petrify spell doesn't seem very out of place (I esp didn't like how Mech Rider ends up reflecting Speed Up to your party). At the same time, Spikey Tiger and Imp (vanilla has Fire Bouquet) having Speed Up doesn't sound bad either -- Spikey Tiger's melee gets enhanced (along with all his melee skills, this enhances his Fire Breath, which is a long range melee skill), and Imp has two more fire spells (Fireball, Explode) and Cure Water.
Just out of interest, Trials of Mana uses Stone Cloud for a damaging-spell that also (rarely) causes Petrify. Strange name, but not too different from what you're suggesting...
Yeah, I think SD3 has that. But Stone Cloud seemed... so... unsatisfying name. Besides, the Fire Bouquet graphic didn't seem all that fitting with the name Stone Cloud.
September 26, 2019, 09:12:01 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Thank you for making the documents. I am using that a lot to play around the game.
One question. In [Monster Treasure Drop Table], you indicated for the 3rd byte:
In full decimal calculation, this means that there is a maximum of 25% probability, of the Drop value being Rare (0-16dec=Rare, and 17-63dec=Common).
How do I do that? For example, I tried to manipulate the odds of rare drop from Rabite (vanilla is 08 10 F8). The vanilla drop rate is 08, and the rare drop rate is F8 (which according to SoM Drop Editor is ~11%). So... how do I make the rare drop to 25%? I tried the following:
RAW 40 10 D0
Didn't seem to affect the rare drop (killed ~50 rabites, only got 3 rare drops). Any idea what I'm doing wrong?