- Minor feature addition to ZPS Patcher, see note below
- Implemented Lunar_Magic_-_Celestial_Cascade; large changes to behavior based on mixture of suggestions, 3 instead of 8 random effects, all useful and offensive instead of the vanilla mess (its code needs to be optimized but wanted to get something out for testing)
- Implemented Burst_-_Health_Cost; removes mana cost and gives it 1/8 max health cost instead
- Implemented Lunar_Magic_-_Mana_Cost_Reduction; halves mana cost from 8 to 4, arguably fair for vanilla or modified Lunar Magic
- Changed Moon_Energy_-_Mana_Cost_Reduction to be Off by default
- Overhauled Turn Undead; can now damage bosses, ignores enemy's resistances, should now be bug free when healing enemies
- Fixed bug in Lunar Magic (standard, not the new variant) reimplementation in SSE
- Fixed bug in Day_Night_Cycle (related to sleeping in an inn)
- Fixed bug in Diverse_Chest_Traps (random traps generally messed up)
- Fixed bug in Audio\Different_Fortress_Boss_Music Relocalized compatibility fixup (this was entirely on my side and had been there for a while, result was likely no special music during Dread Slime fight)
- Bumped ZPS Patcher version from V0.18++ to V0.18+++
- Added optional debug output to ZPS Patcher; near the top of the ZPS file, under "[Options]" on line 8, add DEBUG (can be below or above FALSE). Do not change or remove the "FALSE" option. Upon applying a ZPS patch, a ZPS_Debug.log file will be created. Example:
The new debug log helped me catch the Day_Night_Cycle and Different_Fortress_Boss_Music bugs.
Can you explain this further?
While a tiny sample size, the only two times that I observed newbies playing where they had the Gaia's Navel chest on, they both died to the altered monsters, and neither ever saw the chest. Well beyond this small sample size for testing the chest, I've observed that taking the eastern route has been far more common than the narrow western path (apparently not everyone notices that it's an accessible route), so the altered monsters has been the primary sticking point. Anyway, two worst case scenarios (the harder monsters being problematic, and the player not even knowing there was a reward, let alone getting the reward for encountering them) in a short timespan meant I bumped it to off by default in the hopes that those changing patcher options will already know the game well enough to cope.
As has become the usual, will get to replies when I have the chance. Goodnight everybody.