News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 210419  (Read 490899 times)

Queue

• View Profile
Re: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 210201
« Reply #1800 on: February 04, 2021, 03:18:01 pm »
Yes, I think that would resolve the issue succinctly.

Memorex

• View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: February 04, 2021, 03:50:43 pm »

Memorex, you're witnessing a tweak to the village guard guy for Miscellaneous\Revisit_Potos. Kethinov felt the original banished text didn't fit: "hereby banished" became "please leave" by reusing that other villager's text. Reborn changes "Please leave!" to "Get out of here!"

Regarding the signposts, they all use that same collision tile, and whether you're blocked horizontally has to do with complex rules that govern compatible adjacent collision tiles. So there are others that block you horizontally; some are less obvious due to their placement. Some could be improved if their adjacent horizontal tile(s) can be changed to one with collision that is compatible, but in some cases, that isn't possible (due to lack of a viable option in that tileset). Regardless, map edits are a massive undertaking, and this is very low on my list of priorities. Not saying it won't happen, just that it's likely a good hour per signpost that can be improved.

Of course, now that you mention it! I have a faint memory of reading the description of that tweak in the patch-utility. I had me puzzled there for a while!
I disabled it now, since the original piece of dialogue is too etched in my memory from a screenshot in a gaming magazine that I used to read as a kid, while
dreaming of the game. It's not the same without it!  :thumbsup:

Yeah, sure no problem, the signpost isn't that much of an issue. Sure ain't something that's worth putting a lot of time into  :)

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: February 04, 2021, 06:19:29 pm »
1)Eh, it mocks them plenty as is.  >:D
2)Queue will have to answer that.
3)This is likely because the same line is used if you've met her or haven't.  Queue?
4)The closest Japanese translation is, "I came to buy" and "I came to sell."  We couldn't fit that in the space, so we shortened it.  Most choices in the game have embellished text over the original SNES translation.  BUT, now that we have the proportional font, we plan on making use of the space, so we just may able to fix things like that.

4) Some otherwise repeated dialogue options have some minor degree of variety, Neko's shop and zombie Pandora shop happen to be wordier. This matches wordier and less wordier buy/sell prompts in Japanese. (かいにきた うりにきた) versus (かう うる)

1) Okay, I was a little unclear on what I wanted to say.  While I do think what she said reflects her personality, I also think that, "Sorry about your luck," isn't something that people say.  They say, "Tough luck," or something.  And as pointed out by Queue, she was supposed to respond to the soldier saying, "Insolence!".  Also, I don't think luck had anything to with how Pandora got screwed over -- and I'm pretty sure that Primm wanted to say that the reason Pandora got screwed was because the King made a bad decision (aka nothing to do with luck) to listen to Herman's advice (Herman just wanted Dyluck dead).  Or did the Japanese version say, "運が 悪かったな" or something?
4) Oh wow, I didn't know that.  Still, I think that in English, it works a little differently.  "Came to buy/sell" just seems so... weird.  Too wordy, really.  Well, I'll go with whatever you guys decide (as if I had any choice :)).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 06:32:13 pm by hmsong »

Queue

• View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: February 04, 2021, 08:19:00 pm »
1) What I was trying to emphasize is that it's unclear who the girl is retorting because there's so much text between the last thing the king says and the retort. I actually think she could be ignoring the guard, and continuing to talk to the king. Anyway, I agree that it's an awkward retort for the conversation; regardless of which person she's talking to, even worded differently, I don't think "tough luck" is the right sentiment here.

I think she's responding specifically to:
On_Herman`s_advice,_an
expedition_was_dispatched_to
subjugate_the_witch...
...but_it_seems_they`ve_been
wiped_out...

Seeing as Dyluck's among them, it seems extra odd that she'd say "Sorry about your luck!" if she was just told Dyluck was sent to kill the witch AND that the anti-witch force was wiped out.

The Japanese is: プリム『なにさ!いいわよ行こう、ランディ!
(Immediately after the guard calls out her attitude.)

4) "Came to buy Came to sell" is imperfect because of running out of space. With the Proportional Font, "I came to buy I came to sell" should be possible (and was the ideal for this specific text). Sometimes wordy is the objective when it's to match wordy / succinct in the original.

ManaRedux

• View Profile
    • Secret of Mana: Redux
« Reply #1804 on: February 04, 2021, 08:20:07 pm »
1) Okay, I was a little unclear on what I wanted to say.  While I do think what she said reflects her personality, I also think that, "Sorry about your luck," isn't something that people say.  They say, "Tough luck," or something.  And as pointed out by Queue, she was supposed to respond to the soldier saying, "Insolence!".  Also, I don't think luck had anything to with how Pandora got screwed over -- and I'm pretty sure that Primm wanted to say that the reason Pandora got screwed was because the King made a bad decision (aka nothing to do with luck) to listen to Herman's advice (Herman just wanted Dyluck dead).  Or did the Japanese version say, "運が 悪かったな" or something?
4) Oh wow, I didn't know that.  Still, I think that in English, it works a little differently.  "Came to buy/sell" just seems so... weird.  Too wordy, really.  Well, I'll go with whatever you guys decide (as if I had any choice :)).

1)I could be completely off since Queue and yourself don't agree with me, but it does seem that she's responding to the guard.  This is the Japanese translation:

Purim (to the king): How DARE you try to drive me and Dyluck apart?! I will never forgive you!

Soldier: Insolence!

Purim: What of it? Fine, let's go, Randi!

Is "What of it" responding to the soldier or the king?

As for the expression, where I'm from, it's a very sarcastic quip that often comes off very rude depending on when it's said.  Maybe it's just the part of the US I'm in.  As for your last point, you're reading into it way too literally.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/what-of-it
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 08:26:51 pm by ManaRedux »

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: February 04, 2021, 08:50:21 pm »
I didn't mean to start an argument or anything, if that's what was happening.  My apologies.

"What of it?" (same connotation as "So what about it?") does sound better than "Sorry about your luck".  At least in this context.  I don't know what なにさ means either.

Some more.
- When picking up map-variety treasure chests (GP, Magic Rope, Whip), GP and Whip uses the script, "In the treasure chest, there is/was xxx!" (not sure why past/present tense was changed).  But for Magic Rope, it says, "There was a xxx in the treasure chest!".  In short, inconsistencies.  I just wanted to bring that up to attention, if you'd think that's something that needs to be changed.
- When you refuse to take Popoi, the dwarf says, "Now, don't say that kind of thing..." and you are prompted with, "Yes  No".  I don't think that was a yes/no question (actually, it wasn't a question).  I think it's better to say, "Fine  No".  I'm pretty sure the Japanese probably said, "いいよ", which is interpreted as "Fine" in this context.
- If you refuse to buy the axe, Watts says, "Really? All right, well come back if you change your mind."  I think there's supposed to have a comma after "well", even with Watts' weird broken language.  Maybe, "Really?  Well all right, come back if you change your mind."  That way, you're using the same amount of space.
- After buying the axe, Watts says something like, "let me teach you the shortcut."  "Teach"?  Shouldn't it be, "Show"?  Or maybe it was meant to be that the shortcut always existed, but it had to be "taught" to use it.
- In the money window (where GP is displayed), not having a space between number and GP makes it look weird.  This isn't error or anything, but I just wanted to point this out.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 09:08:08 pm by hmsong »

ManaRedux

• View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: February 04, 2021, 09:10:29 pm »
I didn't mean to start an argument or anything.  My apologies.

"What of it?" (same connotation as "So what about it?") does sound better than "Sorry about your luck".

Some more.
- When picking up map-variety treasure chests (GP, Magic Rope, Whip), GP and Whip uses the script, "In the treasure chest, there is/was xxx!" (not sure why past/present tense was changed).  But for Magic Rope, it says, "There was a xxx in the treasure chest!".  In short, inconsistencies.  I just wanted to bring that up to attention, if you'd think that's something that needs to be changed.
- When you refuse to take Popoi, the dwarf says, "Now, don't say that kind of thing..." and you are prompted with, "Yes  No".  I don't think that was a yes/no question.  I think it's better to say, "Fine  No".
- If you refuse to buy the axe, Watts says, "Really? All right, well come back if you change your mind."  I think there's supposed to have a comma after "well", even with Watts' weird broken language.
- After buying the axe, Watts says something like, "let me teach you the shortcut."  "Teach"?  Shouldn't it be, "Show"?
- In the money window (where GP is displayed), not having a space between number and GP makes it look weird.  This isn't error or anything, but I just wanted to point this out.

Please give feedback and start discussions!  It's how we improve things. 

My paraphrase came from Taosenai's "what of it", but since there's some disagreement, I asked both native speakers on the project.  One mentioned that it's somewhat open to interpretation who she's addressing.  He mentioned that he wishes the choreography in the scene were better, as it would make things clearer. ::) :banghead:  Another possible translation is like, "Never mind, it's fine [I don't even care].  Let's go, Randi!"  So it's even possible she's addressing Randi quietly.  BUT, there's apparently nothing wrong with interpreting it as a retort to the guard, as we'll see next.

The second opinion (from someone who's played the game many times in Japanese) is "Whatever! Who cares, let’s go Randi” which is just borne out of general frustration.  In this case, he also feels it's ambiguous, but he agreed with me that that frustration seems to be a reaction to the guard.  His opinion is that she wants the guard to feel her ire as much as she does the king, in which case "sorry about your luck" (at least where I'm from :thumbsup:) makes perfect sense.

1)Treasure chests --- I've noticed that too.  It does have the same tense in Japanese.  It was just down on my list of priorities as it personally doesn't bother me.  I translated one of the lines that our translator ok'ed, and then he translated the other one a different way. :shrugs:

2)I think the idea is that it's repeating the same question that Randi was asked earlier. 

Would you take this child to the Palace?
(Yes No)
If no: now don't say that sort of thing
(Yes No)

That's how it is in Japanese, but we can change it to make it clearer.

3)I think it breaks the rhythm of the sentence if you add a comma.  It's like he's pausing.  The "well" there is a stylistic thing.

4)I'm fine with it either way.  Queue?

« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 10:59:08 pm by ManaRedux »

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: February 04, 2021, 11:29:01 pm »
2)I think the idea is that it's repeating the same question that Randi was asked earlier. 

Would you take this child to the Palace?
(Yes No)
If no: now don't say that sort of thing
(Yes No)

That's how it is in Japanese, but we can change it to make it clearer.

3)I think it breaks the rhythm of the sentence if you add a comma.  It's like he's pausing.  The "well" there is a stylistic thing.

4)I'm fine with it either way.  Queue?

2) I do think you should change the 2nd Yes/No part.  Maybe I'm just being picky.
3) I actually edited my reply while you were replying to my comment, but perhaps you can say, "Really?  Well all right, come back if you change your mind."  That way, you're using the same amount of space, and it won't break the rhythm of the sentence either (anymore than the initial statement).

Also, I think there should be more spaces between the prompted choices (such as Yes No, Buy Sell, and cannonball destinations).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 01:43:08 am by hmsong »

Miles

• View Profile
    • Artful Raccoon
« Reply #1808 on: February 05, 2021, 12:58:55 am »
4) Some otherwise repeated dialogue options have some minor degree of variety, Neko's shop and zombie Pandora shop happen to be wordier. This matches wordier and less wordier buy/sell prompts in Japanese. (かいにきた うりにきた) versus (かう うる)

I think the difference is bit more nuanced but I could be wrong here. From a shop owner it is expected to something but Neko's shop seems either to be more exclusive due the location(s) or because it is a more personal relationship.

買いに来た/売りに来た can be simply translated as "I came to buy/sell" I think.

なにさ!いいわよ行こう、ランディ!

As for the expression, where I'm from, it's a very sarcastic quip that often comes off very rude depending on when it's said.  Maybe it's just the part of the US I'm in.  As for your last point, you're reading into it way too literally.

さ is a particle to lower either a topic or a person's importance if you attach it at the end of it. I would translate it rather as "Whatever! Fine, let's go, Randi!"

AdamDravian

• View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: February 05, 2021, 03:30:07 am »
"What of it?" (same connotation as "So what about it?") does sound better than "Sorry about your luck".  At least in this context.

Agreed. "Sorry about your luck." seems like a downgrade from the literal translation. Also, I've spent my whole life in the US and I've never heard anyone use that phrase derisively. The closest I can think of is the phrase, "Tough luck."

hmsong is right. If you want it to be grammatically correct, there needs to be a comma after "well". Unlike what they tend to teach in elementary school, a comma does not necessarily represent a pause in speech. For instance, when someone says to me, "Hey, Adam," they don't say that with a pause, but the comma needs to be there because a comma always goes before the name of someone who's being directly addressed. In the example in question, "well" is an introductory clause, and should be offset from the rest of the sentence with a comma.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 03:43:20 am by AdamDravian »
Writer of the '80s-themed webcomic Satan Ninja 198X

Memorex

• View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 05, 2021, 10:08:32 am »
I produced a weird glitch last night that I wanted to share. It was caused by using save states, but I assume this patch was never guarantied to be save state proof anyways, so it's more of a curiousity I guess. Still a tale worth telling thought. 
I disabled the "Revisit Potos" tweak and re-patched the game. I then loaded a save state I hade made when the tweak was enabled, in the moment when the villager ask if you got everything you need. I answered "Yes", and instantly found myself in the sky as if fired from a cannon. Just before I was about to land in the sea, Flammie shot out of the sky and rescued me! I could then fly anywhere I wanted on the world map. I landed in a couple of places, i.e Lemuria castle, but since you don't have the drum there's no ecape. I reproduced the glitch 4-5 times, but today when I tried the same state, I was simply banished from Potos  :(

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: February 05, 2021, 09:25:23 pm »
I see why Pandora King's script isn't cancelable -- he does something after that after a certain point (he leaving the throne).  King does that again when you beat the ruins and he opens up the treasury.

Okay, some more, in addition to what I said above (not all of them are errors though):

1) When you get an orb (boss or chest), it also auto-closes the dialog box.  I'm sure it was intentional, but I wish it doesn't auto-close (this is my personal taste though).  No other treasure chests do that, and being auto-closed doesn't feel very good, even after beating the boss.
2) Gnome (after giving the magic): "Alright, I'll be going now; will see you around."  Why is there a semi-colon?  That seems so weird in a conversation.  Maybe it's just me.
3) When talking to Watts outside, he says somewhere, "it'll be great training."  Shouldn't it be "It'll be a great training."?  Or maybe dwarves don't use the language properly (due to the lack of the language education, as they're mostly focused on their jobs).
4) When you talk to the Pandora queen when she's in the king's room, she says, "My liege, why don't we all be more at east for His Majesty's sake?"  She seems like she's talking to the king, but the latter part doesn't seem like she's talking to him, since she talks like His Majesty is another person.
5) In Pandora inn (before beating the ruins), the refusal option is, "No, Enough".  I don't think "enough" is the right word in this context (I'm sure you meant it as in, "enough is enough").  I'm not sure what the right word would be though (other than the typical "No way!").
6) When you meet Thanatos for the first time, he said "Give up your will in the same manner as [Dyluck]".  Dyluck gave up his will?  Don't you mean, "Give in", or better yet, "Submit"?
7) Was Machine Golem supposed to damage you as soon as the battle begin?
8-) After reclaiming the water seed from the scorpion gang, the dialog box of "Took back the water seed" does not close/reopen after the gang says goodbye, making that sentence seem like it's being said by the gang.  Maybe it's just me who feel that way.
9) During the new Luka scene after being launched to the Upperland, she says, "He's as worthy a hero as his father before him."  Is it "as worthy a hero", or should it be "as a worthy hero"?  I'm actually confused as to which is correct.
10)Okay, you probably saw this coming, but when Popoi says how to unlock the path (spring -> winter -> spring), the sentence is definitely weird.  "Walk the seasons from Spring to Winter, Spring again and we can enter...".  It would sound better if it's, "Walk the seasons from Spring to Winter, then Spring again to enter..."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 09:34:01 pm by hmsong »

ManaRedux

• View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: February 05, 2021, 10:50:08 pm »
- If you refuse to buy the axe, Watts says, "Really? All right, well come back if you change your mind."  I think there's supposed to have a comma after "well", even with Watts' weird broken language.

I took a closer look at this.  Changed it to:

"Really? All right. Come back if you change your mind."

He has a colloquial style of speech, but we can get rid of the "well" as it's a bit cumbersome when read.

2) Gnome (after giving the magic): "Alright, I'll be going now; will see you around."  Why is there a semi-colon?  That seems so weird in a conversation.  Maybe it's just me.

Just an editing mistake as it was rewritten.  I fixed.

3) When talking to Watts outside, he says somewhere, "it'll be great training."  Shouldn't it be "It'll be a great training."?  Or maybe dwarves don't use the language properly (due to the lack of the language education, as they're mostly focused on their jobs).

"The making of the Mana Sword is my new cause, and it'll be great training!"  I don't understand why that would be capitalized.

4) When you talk to the Pandora queen when she's in the king's room, she says, "My liege, why don't we all be more at east for His Majesty's sake?"  She seems like she's talking to the king, but the latter part doesn't seem like she's talking to him, since she talks like His Majesty is another person.

Should be Your Majesty's.  Fixed.

5) In Pandora inn (before beating the ruins), the refusal option is, "No, Enough".  I don't think "enough" is the right word in this context (I'm sure you meant it as in, "enough is enough").  I'm not sure what the right word would be though (other than the typical "No way!").

That's correct.  When you first wrote this, I thought I'd change it to a period, but it's "No. Enough!" in the script, which is how it should be.

6) When you meet Thanatos for the first time, he said "Give up your will in the same manner as [Dyluck]".  Dyluck gave up his will?  Don't you mean, "Give in", or better yet, "Submit"?

No, that's correct.

8-) After reclaiming the water seed from the scorpion gang, the dialog box of "Took back the water seed" does not close/reopen after the gang says goodbye, making that sentence seem like it's being said by the gang.  Maybe it's just me who feel that way.

Queue and I talked about this a lot---there's many dialogue boxes like this in the game.  Sometimes we added parentheses.

9) During the new Luka scene after being launched to the Upperland, she says, "He's as worthy a hero as his father before him."  Is it "as worthy a hero", or should it be "as a worthy hero"?  I'm actually confused as to which is correct.

It's a bit formal, but it's correct. 

10)Okay, you probably saw this coming, but when Popoi says how to unlock the path (spring -> winter -> spring), the sentence is definitely weird.  "Walk the seasons from Spring to Winter, Spring again and we can enter...".  It would sound better if it's, "Walk the seasons from Spring to Winter, then Spring again to enter..."

It's in quotes because it's an homage to Woolsey's poem.  And that's how it sounds---poetic.

As a follow up, I did some research on "Sorry about your luck" and you are all correct in that it's not a common thing outside of these parts (rural Maryland).  It's one of my most common go to phrases IRL and no one's ever looked at me funny lol...I'll keep thinking on that one.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 01:00:49 am by ManaRedux »

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: February 06, 2021, 04:47:35 am »
I assume you're not gonna change 1).  Oh well.  A man can hope.

3) I was talking about the part "great training" vs "a great training".  The capitalized part was a mistake on my part.  I think "a" is necessary before "great".  Maybe?  Or even if I'm correct, maybe dwarves use slightly broken language, similar to Gnome (oh boy, Gnome's language was so broken...).

8) Ahh, I see.  Hopefully, this will be one of the things that has parenthesis or something.

10) Oh?  I didn't know it was a homage to the original Woosley's translation.  What made you choose this particular part to pay homage to Woosley?  I'm just curious.

Some more.

1) When talking to Popoi's grandpa, he said, "Wind seal", instead of "Wind Seed seal".  Was this intended?
2) Popoi calls his grampa, "Grampa" in some parts (some parts of the flashback too), and "Gramps" in others.  Was this intentional?  I figured he'd just pick one and call that (Gramps seem to be more in line with his personality).
3) In the same conversation, Popoi says, "I'll show the world that I can protect Mana", but in the next text box, it says, "Popoi: It'll be fine!"  Why is his name displayed again?  While technically not wrong or anything, but I just found it odd.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 08:25:41 am by hmsong »

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 06, 2021, 08:39:59 am »
This project is so stuffed with features and is constantly being worked on, amazing. This means that I may have asked this before  :crazy: Since this project is still clearly in full development, I'd like to ask which of the selectable features are fully implemented/complete, if any. I also wonder if having no stamina in the hack would make this game easier than vanilla, or if the other features are specifically made to counter the drop in difficulty caused by this primary attribute.

Apologies if this is already mentioned before, there's so much discussion on this hack lol.
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

ManaRedux

• View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: February 06, 2021, 10:00:26 am »
I assume you're not gonna change 1).  Oh well.  A man can hope.

Anything I didn't reference is Queue's department. :)

3) I was talking about the part "great training" vs "a great training".  The capitalized part was a mistake on my part.  I think "a" is necessary before "great".  Maybe?  Or even if I'm correct, maybe dwarves use slightly broken language, similar to Gnome (oh boy, Gnome's language was so broken...).

I still don't follow, sorry.  It's like saying, "This will be great practice for me."  No indefinite article is necessary. 

8) Ahh, I see.  Hopefully, this will be one of the things that has parenthesis or something.

Queue could probably explain this better than I can.  It's a QoL thing.  The question is---when is clarity needed that it's a system message vs. character dialogue?  I know you feel that it is here, but there's a lot of messages like this throughout the game, and adding parentheses to all of them would be a dramatic change.

10) Oh?  I didn't know it was a homage to the original Woosley's translation.  What made you choose this particular part to pay homage to Woosley?  I'm just curious.

Woolsey makes it sound like the sprite is reciting a poem or a rhyme he may have learned growing up.  Taosenai also recommended aligning with Woolsey on many lines, and this was one of them.  FWIW, this was his translation:

Code: [Select]
From spring, revolve 'round the forest in the order of the seasons until spring returns, and from there you'll return to Sprite Village!!
When he finishes his conventional translation (our next release), it may be closer to the Japanese line.

1) When talking to Popoi's grandpa, he said, "Wind seal", instead of "Wind Seed seal".  Was this intended?

Yes.  Taosenai translated this as "seal of Wind"; the seed is not mentioned.  I guess we could change it to, "seal on the Wind Seed" but then we'd need a new dialogue box for space, and we try to avoid that when possible.

2) Popoi calls his grampa, "Grampa" in some parts (some parts of the flashback too), and "Gramps" in others.  Was this intentional?  I figured he'd just pick one and call that (Gramps seem to be more in line with his personality).

I did a search on the workspace, and can't find a single instance of "Grampa." 

Gramps is just an endearing nickname.

3) In the same conversation, Popoi says, "I'll show the world that I can protect Mana", but in the next text box, it says, "Popoi: It'll be fine!"  Why is his name displayed again?  While technically not wrong or anything, but I just found it odd.

Ehh...there's probably dozens of examples of this sort of thing throughout the script, and this is hardly the most redundant.

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: February 06, 2021, 10:21:16 am »
I did a search on the workspace, and can't find a single instance of "Grampa." 

Gramps is just an endearing nickname.

Okay, Popoi calls him "Grandpa" (not Grampa), but it's still different than Gramps that Popoi would typically use.  It's used as the first line when Popoi meets Grandpa after the Spring Beak fight.  It's also used in the flashback when Grandpa tells Popoi to take the boomerang.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: February 06, 2021, 10:51:02 am »
I found a crash in the beginning of the hack, using all the hacks selected by default.

It happened when I was talking to the shopkeeper in the very first village, before fighting Mantis thing and being banished. I sped up a bit, so I don't exactly remember what I was doing, but I first pressed "Sell" and then "Buy," and that caused the crash I believe.

EDIT: Maybe it has to do with the fact that my inventory was empty, which makes the "Sell" option do nothing. I can't seem to trigger it anymore, though.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 10:57:53 am by Thirteen 1355 »
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

Memorex

• View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: February 06, 2021, 11:51:56 am »
The line "A bit down the road is the Mana Palace of Darkness", sticks out a bit to me as I don't think any other palace is refered to with "Mana" in front?

Is ancient supposed to to have a captial A? "Ancient Ruins" is fine, but for instance: "The power of that Ancient civilization was remarkable!"?

The line "The palace around here? Come on now, guy, that's been buried for ages." Is "guy" used in singular form that way? Perhaps "Come on now, man, that's.."
or even "Come on, man, that's been.." would work?

ManaRedux

• View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: February 06, 2021, 12:27:52 pm »
The line "A bit down the road is the Mana Palace of Darkness", sticks out a bit to me as I don't think any other palace is refered to with "Mana" in front?

Earlier in the game with Luka: "There are a total of eight Mana Palaces, including this one."

Is ancient supposed to to have a captial A? "Ancient Ruins" is fine, but for instance: "The power of that Ancient civilization was remarkable!"?

We distinguished between "ancient" referring to something old, and "Ancient" referring to a period of history.

The line "The palace around here? Come on now, guy, that's been buried for ages." Is "guy" used in singular form that way? Perhaps "Come on now, man, that's.."
or even "Come on, man, that's been.." would work?

All of the dwarves speak in a rural dialect in Japanese.  "Guy" is just a colloquialism.