- Rewrote Text\Skill_Screen_Spaces from scratch to fit in-place
- Added Swap_Up_and_Fly_Hotkeys as a sub-feature for Enhanced_World_Map, Off by default
- Added hmsong's more verbose Relocalized spell descriptions for Thunder_Saber_-_Silence
- Further improved Enhanced_World_Map's replacement flight hotkeys; now filters out conflicting inputs (up + down, left + right + L + R, ascend + descend)
- Fixed a sometimes off-by-one math error in the top-down backward flight animation code
- Cleaned up lots of world map colors so that the maps more accurately reflect the world tiles (and just look better in general; the changes are hard to spot without a reference to compare to, but they're actually significant)
- The map color changes make icebergs visible on the flat world map
- Slight tweaks to some world tile graphics to reduce blockiness at water to shore transitions
- Made the "gold" houses in Kippo and Turtle Shell Isle not shimmer
- Updated the fast flat world map to reflect world adjustments, but it's still not dynamic
, I added an %OFF% macro to hopefully make text overwrites easier. Check how it's used in Spell_Balance_Overhaul in this release:
IF Light_Saber_-_Balloon ' compat
TEXT _ 3
TEXT _ 3
It's only used to overwrite already existing text, and is only technically necessary for dynamically allocated text. So in that example, Spell.Info.Light_Saber would work with @OFF since that isn't dynamically allocated, while SSE.Text.Extended.Extra.2 would not work with @OFF since it is.
The only way to check if text is dynamically allocated or not is to search for where it's defined:
If you search for SSE.Text.Extended.Extra.2, you'll find !SSE.Text.Extended.Extra.2, where the ! indicates a dynamic allocation.
If you search for Spell.Info.Light_Saber, you'll find it preceded by /+CAB347, where the / indicates a static definition.
Spell definitions are limited by space for letters in the UI; there's a lot of space in the ROM where this text is being stored. The UI can fit 43 characters; by convention, the first character is a space, so 42 characters of descriptive text. And don't forget about the weird \n that has to be inserted between the 13th and 14th characters.
I can't switch names.
It's possible to do, so I'd need to see what you're trying that isn't working.