News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Easy Patches (WIP)  (Read 803 times)

EvilJagaGenius

• View Profile
    • The Jaga's Nest
Phantasy Star Easy Patches (WIP)
« on: May 10, 2019, 10:06:01 pm »
Guten tag!  I am Jaga, and I've put together a couple of patches for the original Phantasy Star to make it easier.  One doubles the meseta gained from every monster and the other doubles the XP.  To my knowledge, they should be compatible with the original US release, the Japanese release, and the retranslation.  Basically I went into every monster's data in the ROM and replaced the original XP and meseta values with double the value.

I haven't tested these yet, so I haven't submitted them to the database.  I'm also thinking I might create triple and quad patches too, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, if you'd like to try them out, here they are, and let me know how they work.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11zOrdYmvCX9RPy1dJIWULdtbGSWbBJ79

I'll be posting updates here if I make new patches or squash bugs.  Enjoy!

-Jaga
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 11:30:41 pm by EvilJagaGenius »

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
There has to be a better life.

EvilJagaGenius

• View Profile
    • The Jaga's Nest
Re: Phantasy Star Easy Patches (WIP)
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 12:10:44 am »
I did see that, but hopefully these will work with the retranslation too.  That's kindof why I'm making them - I want to do another playthrough of Phantasy Star with the retranslation this time, but I'd rather not do as much grinding since I've already beaten the game once.

Actually, I was kindof considering poking Psyklax and seeing what he thought of all this, lol

EDIT:  I finished the quad patches and fixed a minor error in Saccubus' XP reward.  Seeing as though you shouldn't be able to beat him, that shouldn't be much of a problem... still.  Updated link is in the first post.  Will be submitting this to the database and seeing what happens.

EDIT 2:  And hey, I got a hack in the database!  http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4504/
Check it out, have fun, leave reviews, etc.  I'm now pretty much done with this project.  Let me know if you have any issues.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:00:45 pm by EvilJagaGenius »