With my first project
hacked, translated and in beta testing, I've leapt into finishing this for D.Gray-man: Kami no Shitotachi!
So far, I've translated about 90% of the text and images, it's pretty much just the menu's left! I've been able to repack the images myself, but do need someone else to have a look at the font, and probably write a text inserter/extractor...
The text can be found in data>script. Here's what I have figured out;Text
- It's encoded in Shift JIS.
- Currently, I'm just pulling the text from CT2 into a word document, and writing the translation by the side. Each of the game missions can be replayed with a different partner, but the text will mainly repeat the entire section rather than just using specific lines that have changed. Those are Stage01>07. There are several other files that appear to have the remaining text from the menu's, but I believe the one that's actually in use is 'message.c'
- "0A" in Hex is a line break, and "▼" shows the end of a message.
- <W6>Indicates a multiple-choice question, followed by up to four answers. Other places with higher numbers, indicate wait time for autorun text.
- #pi #gl #yl #re #cy turn the font colour to pink, green, yellow, red and cyan respectively. #wh returns it to white.
- Character name tags in dialogue are from an image called "name_list01" in the main_cast folder.
It's a bit tight, but it's my dream to get this playable by February when Volume 26 of the manga is scheduled to be released as I think they'll be a lot of hype in the fandom!
I hope someone will be able to lend some much needed technical insight, and as stated in the title, I'd be more than happy offer the incentive of a skill trade. I'm not the most experienced Japanese translator, but I'll give it my best! I may also be able to help with proofreading, image editing, game testing etc, so feel free to ask!
Thanks for reading!