News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SMB Crowned Bowsette ROM Hack  (Read 3779 times)

Kazufox

• View Profile
SMB Crowned Bowsette ROM Hack
« on: January 05, 2019, 05:40:36 pm »
Hey everyone, so from continuing off the successes of my SMB3 Crowned Edition ROM Hack (https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4296/ comments/reviews appreciated) I've decided to continue on another Bowsette related ROM Hack. This time will be on the original Super Mario Bros.

Yes, I understand there's already a Bowsette boss fight SMB ROM Hack, but mine will be another Crowned Edition where all the enemies are turned into their Super Crown counterparts. And I'll have my own version of Bowsette in the game.

As to what all is going to be put in? Stay turned and I'll keep everyone posted. Expect this sometime in February.

Tyrantnyx

• View Profile
Re: SMB Crowned Bowsette ROM Hack
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 10:07:30 pm »
Still working my way through SMB3, but I'm already excited for this. I've played the original SMB a lot as a kid, but never beat it, so this gives me a reason to get back to it.

Kazufox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 12:06:33 am »
Okay...so update time! Some news to share.

There are going to be multiple versions, mainly different skins for your flavor. Some will have different cosmetic changes or sprites included, maybe it'll affect the color palette of the enemies too.

Should note the alt color versions will be: Blonde, Redhead, Classic, Daisy, Peach, and Rosalina.

There will be a few versions that have changed text when you beat a castle. These are Koopa Peach, Dark Bowsette (in-progress), and deciding if Boosette should be here or another skin variant only.

However, I have been expanding one of the files to the point it includes new sprites for the enemies as they are no longer -ette. I'm deciding if I should release this one later as it is still Bowsette related. The main enemy forces will be Toads this time around. Like I said, more will be shared in time so stay tuned...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:50:14 am by Kazufox »

Kazufox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 08:13:57 pm »
I may have gone too far in a few places. But it's stylistically designed to be that way. And you can't undo that but you can diminish the effects of it...

Okay, update time...where to begin. Firstly, Bowsette is playable in one of the special versions where you go against Dark Bowsette and her army.

Next, I made 2 sets of enemy types. Main set has all the enemies and Toad in their Super Crown form. Most of the enemies Peach's Counterattack are Toad and Yoshi.

In the 2 special versions, a special guest will be who you find at the castle instead of Toad.

Regular crowned game variants have a change in Bowsette skins like blonde, redhead, and green Bowser colors. Additional versions change a combination of sprites like enemy colors, hammers, firebreath, bridge ax, and moving platforms. These are the Peach, Daisy, Dry Bowser, and Rosalina versions.

Koopa Peach and Boosette versions change the Bowsette sprite to the respective boss instead. This also changes the text after saving "Toad" and the ending. Boosette even more so since only Luigi can be played. Again, some changes like the other skins may apply.

Special Versions:
-VS Dark Bowsette-
Bowsette will be playable in this version as Mario has gone missing (again). The enemies will remain the Super Crown -ette variants.

-Peach Counterattack!-
Mario is the main hero here again, but most of the enemies are a Toad or Yoshi. Wonder who you'll end up saving?

So...in total that'll be 11 ROM files. With the Spiny throw patch applied.
3 skins
4 skins+variations
2 special skins
2 special versions

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 08:42:19 pm »
This is lookin' really smooth. :thumbsup:

Kazufox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 11:30:44 pm »
Thanks. I've did some more updates to the files, so to note there is the main game where Bowsette and her Super Crowned minions are the baddies with 7 unique skins and a variety of changes. For instance, Dry Bowsette is more flat chested.

Boosette version will have things a bit more spooky as a Luigi game. His 2P is based on his anime movie colors.

And I plan on posting this weekend the ROM files after some final testing.

Kazufox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 09:43:13 am »
It's finally here everyone! I was hoping MFGG would have it up too by now, but I'll just update the link for that later. I present to you all, the SMB1 Crowned Edition with a lot of bonus content including Koopa Peach, Boosette (Luigi only), Dark Bowsette (regular Bowsette playable), and Peach boss versions too!

MFGG Download: https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=7&id=35196
RHDN Download: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4331/

7 skins of the Bowsette battle Blonde, Redhead, and Green versions are standard. Variations in sprites or other enemy palettes may apply to the Daisy, Peach, Dry Bowser, and Rosalina versions. Such as Dry Bowsette being flat chested. All the enemies are made into Super Crown versions.

See above posts for example changes in Boosette and Dark Bowsette versions.

Special thanks to GoldS for the unused spiny throw patch used.

More fun stuff to note: You can play as Bowsette in multiple versions if apply multiple IPS patches to the same file! I use LunarIPS to make that happen. Results may vary.

Updated to have MFGG's link too
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:58:53 pm by Kazufox »

Kazufox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 08:45:18 pm »
More news to share, I am also releasing sprites from this ROM Hack. I've got the playable Bowsette ones available below.

https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=1&id=35197

I'll be getting the other stuff uploaded soon. I'd love to hear more ideas or suggestions from you here on what the next Bowsette hack should be on.

Tyrantnyx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 11:41:14 pm »
More news to share, I am also releasing sprites from this ROM Hack. I've got the playable Bowsette ones available below.

https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=1&id=35197

I'll be getting the other stuff uploaded soon. I'd love to hear more ideas or suggestions from you here on what the next Bowsette hack should be on.
You could do SMB2 USA, while there's already a couple really good sprite hacks already, they only change the player characters and bosses into ettes, it would be neat to see regular enemies changed as well.

Kazufox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 08:35:19 pm »
I've thought about it, but I've seen one that somewhat does that it was made months ago making the larger enemies into an -ette. Even the Rocket Ship too! Another problem is that I don't see it on this site anywhere.

But not all the enemies are made Super Crown which is something I would be able to handle, regardless of size limits. See my SMB3 Crowned Hack for that one.

Tyrantnyx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 11:35:27 pm »
I've thought about it, but I've seen one that somewhat does that it was made months ago making the larger enemies into an -ette. Even the Rocket Ship too! Another problem is that I don't see it on this site anywhere.

But not all the enemies are made Super Crown which is something I would be able to handle, regardless of size limits. See my SMB3 Crowned Hack for that one.

I remember playing that one, Rocket Shipette was definitely something I never expected to see, but it was a nice touch. Pidgit and Phanto would be interesting to see. I'm curious if Shy Guys should be mini Shy Girls or a something different for the ette theme.

Kazufox

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 12:34:29 am »
I've definitely been thinking about it, it's also a matter of "how can I improve this" or "make this more interesting" kinda thing. I can give it a test go with the original Mario Bros hack since I've got sprites of the enemies. Plus I haven't seen the original one on here either...

With SMB2 I planned on going fully crowned everything, and have the main cast be Bowsette, Yoshette, Chompette, and Boosette. Guess story-wise it wouldn't make much sense for a Yoshette in the group...but gameplay wise it'd fit with the Luigi jump.

It has dawned on me how I could make it more...interesting. Much would need to be replaced, in fact, I could even go like the Peach's Counterattack route of changing things up.

Kazufox

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 08:31:44 pm »
More sprites have been released for this ROM Hack. For the regular Crowned Edition (enemies are Super Crowned variants) and the Peach's Counterattack (enemies are Yoshi and Toads) versions. See links below.

SMB1 Crowned Sheet - https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=1&id=35409
SMB1 Peach's CA Sheet - https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=1&id=35410

On a side note...I'm trying to figure how to work on SMB Lost Levels, but is somewhat a challenge since a number of sprites are considered on "another disk" and can't access it all in tile editors. Anyone have ideas on how to work this? Plus the title is more annoying to deal with than the original.

Tyrantnyx

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019, 10:57:45 am »
You could try asking KingMike for help, he's done a lot of work with fds games.

Kazufox

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 01:09:55 am »
So...that didn't work as planned. But I do have a new topic going to hopefully get some stuff going.

https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=29156.0

btw, there's going to be a Bowsette Appreciate Day on Sept. 19 that'll have demos, art, and other stuff. So that'll be a thing.