Not sure if the list I have is complete, but here are the bugs I haven't fixed (yet):
* The airship can land on the caravan.
* HEL2 effectivity should be 0x18.
Or should it, now that we have heal-doubling
in the INT patch?
* In the Ice Cave, you can use WARP to get back up holes.
* Poison doesn't work on enemies.
* If you stand on a door, enter a menu, exit the menu, then step down, the door
will usually end up elsewhere on the screen.
* The Fire and Wind altars say "Nothing here" instead of their proper message.
* There are a number of sprites that start out in non-walkable areas.
Sometimes, they can even end up outside the bounds of the dungeons.
* If you enter a map (by teleporting, exiting a shop, or exiting a menu) in the
top/left 7 rows/columns, sprites will walk through you until you step
verically/horizontally. (JiggersNote: I did make it so that exiting a shop will put you 1 tile under the door, so I've seen this happen a lot lately.)
Not sure about these bugs, might have fixed them with all my fiddling:
* Enemies always wake from sleep.
* Target-dark and evade should not be applied when the target is asleep/stopped.
* Hit% should be applied even if asleep.
* Enemy-cast all-allies spells (e.g. AFIR) don't hit the caster.
* Hit chance should not clamped until after evade is subtracted.
* Spells causing multiple status ailments will claim "Ineffective" if the
target has any of the ailments (all will still be applied though). (JiggersNote: Is it normal for a player character to have more than one status ailment at a time? If so, I plan on re-sorting which ailment bit is which, so that ones like stun and sleep will have priority to display their icon over dark/mute.)
These should definitely be checked out:
* LOK2 should use effect 0E instead of 10.
* LOCK (and fixed LOK2) always misses.
* TMPR should probably be using effect 0B instead of 0D.
Disch might have fixed this one, or I might have fixed it from his initial disassembly notes:
* In the 2-large-6-small enemy formation, the game shifts one too far so the
third enemy uses the palette selection bit for the second enemy.
In the Enhancements file, I'd like to see these:
* Make CONF do something vaguely resembling an actual attack (can miss, and
* Potions would be easier to use if they stayed on the "use" screen (JiggersNote: Forget if I did this or not.)
* This rearranges the teleport coordinate tables to allow for more of each
kind. This has no effect on the actual game, but might be useful for a hack.
* Replace the crappy PRNG with a slightly better one
* This creates a magic Effect for a "RUN" spell, and assigns it to EXIT.
* Allow all battle numbers except 0x80 to be used as spiked squares, instead of
There's two mentions of nerfing the BlackBelt, I don't know if people find that necessary or not.
Looks pretty good.
The only thing I would suggest is to make sure that the quantities under each item in the list reflects how many you have total between inventory and equipped stuff.
Oh, also make sure the shop list redrawn every time you gain an item.
Pretty sure it does that now for all the shops... Good catch on the re-drawing to update inventory count, changed my logic map file to remember that.
Also, I could possibly cap gold at 9,999,999? It only needs 7 tiles to display for one more byte of RAM (which is there is lots of still.) That fits in both the menu and shop if people are fine with the number snuggling up to the G.