News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Dragon Quest I+II Addendum Fix by Rod Merida

Started by Special, June 14, 2021, 02:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MathOnNapkins

I'm closing this thread for two reasons.

• The hack creator has said they're satisfied with the state of the patch. See here. It doesn't seem that further discussion would be particularly fruitful.

• There has been a fair amount of low grade flaming and bickering in this thread. I can only see this getting worse if the thread continues on. Some of you are not behaving politely and / or constructively enough. Brush up on Rule 1 (see stickied thread in Newcomer's subforum).

@RodMerida: If you wish to reopen this thread, please discuss it with me via PM.

RodMerida

Now that the waters have become a little more calmed, I wanted to say to all the participators in this thread that the so awaited bugfixes of Dragon Quest 3 for SNES in English that you had asked me so many times and many of you have awaited for years, have become done, as many of you will have noticed.
It can be obtained from either Crackowia webpage [ http://crackowia.gq/dquest3n-fix.html ] or ROMhacking.net web site (in the Dragon Quest III entry).

Patience becomes rewarded eventually!

Green Jerry

Looks like there are still some bugs left to be fixed. The latest review (which is negative) says there's a bug with a spell, battle music playing where it shouldn't, and text errors.

The same person also said all bugs of III weren't fixed as well!
My latest Portuguese translation: Popeye (NES)
New English translation! Gardman (NES)

Linktree

RodMerida

Quote from: Green Jerry on February 18, 2022, 05:04:28 PM
Looks like there are still some bugs left to be fixed. The latest review (which is negative) says there's a bug with a spell, battle music playing where it shouldn't, and text errors.

The same person also said all bugs of III weren't fixed as well!

Yes, I read it two days ago. The things he mentions about DQ3 are minor things unimportant. Right now I'm busy with some RPGs translations to Spanish. If I have a while in some moment I will have them an eye and fix whatever is into my hand, and update.

And I'm aware about the problem of the battle music not ending in DQ1+2 when the Luck spell is used and you get escaped from battle. I was trying very hard during part of a whole day to fix that months ago but never was able, no matter whatever I tried; so I gave up that one this far. Once my current RPG translations to Spanish are finished I'll retry.

Meanwhile, I can only tell you, and advice, not to use Luck command very much if that music bug really annoys you, lol. I was not even aware of that bug until they called my attention over it months ago in a private message because I am not used to use the Luck command often, or at all, but very exceptionally in a desperate situation; because otherwise it leaves the course of the battle to random factors, wasting a turn if the result is not the expected one, wasting experience points if you escape, etc., what is a little risky from my point of view. So using this command should be the exception in a serious gameplay, not the norm.

But thanks for reminding it to me anyway.