Hi, I believe this is the first personal project that I seriously post on this site.
After playing the translation patch from tashi and DackR of the main Marvelous game, I felt like I needed more.
So I started to see how feasible it would be to make a translation of BS Marvelous Time Athletic & Camp Arnold, Course 1 to 4.
Turns out I had fairly good results so far using the tools and some of the works that DackR has done:
Currently I have only looked at Time Athletic Course 1, but the others seems to be similarly done.
While I've translated some graphics on my own because of how simple it was, this project is a huge undertaking in the long run, and I will need help:
- Translating the script of all courses may be the easiest part, I already figured out the kanjis and script dump and reinsertion, but I will need a japanese translator / editor.
- EDIT: It turns out all Time Athletic ROMs and all Camp Arnold ROMs share the same script data with each other. Translating one ROM of each will translate the others as well.
- Just like BS Legend of Zelda, it uses the radio as part of the game. I will also need help on that, particularly a transcription, translation and voice actors.
- And then the intro, end results screen and ending are not dumped as they were in the BS-X PSRAM and lost on power off. These will need to be remade and will need pixel artist experts.
The undertaking for me is that I never really worked on a project like this before that might require a bigger team. I will try to manage this the best I could.
At the moment I'm planning to do the assembly code hacks and may work on VWF (which sounds like it will be reusable for the main game & Camp Arnold). However I'm still fine to get help on that part.
The release format that I hope to have should be the following:
- A Satellaview compatible release, with a patch for each different course, with a bootable BS-X PSRAM intro/ending remake and audio files.
- A MSU1 standalone patch. I do not know how feasible it would be to have all 4 parts in one ROM.
The plan is also to have the translation project open source, and hopefully can easily be built.
The current source can be found here:https://github.com/LuigiBlood/Translate/tree/master/SNES/Marvelous