News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: A question about viewing one's sent messages  (Read 1081 times)

wmd-gcgc

• View Profile
A question about viewing one's sent messages
« on: December 23, 2018, 06:42:00 pm »
For the life of me, I cannot view the messages I sent as a reply in "sent items".

I've deduced this to three possibilities:

1. The forum software doesn't display sent replies in PMs in sent items.
2. I've been blocked or this person doesn't want to respond to me.
3. The messages were never sent in the first place.

I would appreciate some help with this, as I'm trying to get some important, yet also menial to retrieve, information from this person, and I want to make sure that I've exhausted every possible outcome before I quit. If the case happens to be 2. then I can understand. I just want to make sure.

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: A question about viewing one's sent messages
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 06:01:21 pm »
Below the message is a thing you need to select called "Save a copy in my outbox"
By default it is not selected, I am guessing to save space in the boxes each user has.

At this point if the person you sent it to can't forward it back to (if they are no longer viewing the site or they deleted it being the main two, them missing it being another -- many times I have missed the little number in the corner of the screen saying there is one one there) you then you are out of luck.

Slim chance one the site admins that can fiddle with the database (I don't know if the current forum software encrypts things) will be willing to fetch it for you but that is unlikely to happen -- going rifling through someone's PMs is very bad admin etiquette, even if it is to retrieve something for the person that sent it them.

wmd-gcgc

• View Profile
Re: A question about viewing one's sent messages
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 07:45:02 pm »
Thank you very much and happy holidays.