News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Mirror The Legend of Zelda Hack released!  (Read 2038 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Mirror The Legend of Zelda Hack released!
« on: December 18, 2018, 02:37:22 am »

Update By: azeryn

Experience the classic The Legend of Zelda in a whole new way with a fully mirrored overworld for both 1st and 2nd quest and all 18 mirrored dungeons.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
Re: ROM Hacks: Mirror The Legend of Zelda Hack released!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 06:17:48 pm »
This... is actually pretty cool, I have to admit. It's disorienting and weird, but it feels fresh in a way while still feeling familiar? I might actually give this an extended try.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 06:15:33 pm »
This... is actually pretty cool, I have to admit. It's disorienting and weird, but it feels fresh in a way while still feeling familiar? I might actually give this an extended try.
There's already precedent for this from the Wii version of Twilight Princess, and Master Quest in 3D version of Ocarina of Time. I'm surprised this hack wasn't made sooner.

Googie

• Keepin' ROM Hacking gangsta since 2003
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 08:54:43 pm »
I'm gonna have to try this bad boy out, thanks for makin' this hack, man. :D
This is most gangsta.

rodge2001

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 06:34:13 pm »
My game crashes in Level 1 whenever I try to return upstairs with the Bow.  The rom I used is PRG1 so maybe that's wrong.  I'm going to patch again using PRG0 and hopefully that works without crashing.   

rodge2001

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 11:47:20 pm »
Yep i had to use PRG0 version and now i’m able to proceed & beat Level 1. I love the hack so far. It’s familiar enough so that I know where I’m going but still challenging to get there. I noticed you must’ve edited the old man in level one to correctly state “western most room is the secret” since the level is now flipped.

I think a Goonies II mirror hack like this would be excellent. Frankly most games would be fresh again with this simple but effective hack.

azeryn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 02:45:17 pm »
Thanks guys. I'm glad you're enjoying it. To me, The Legend of Zelda is the perfect game to have a mirror image. The game is so familiar, yet different. But the best part, is all the new routing options. Because of how screen scrolling works, many of the old screen scrolls are no longer available and the mirror opens up a lot of new ones. So it's like we're trying to route a whole new games again!

Colibri

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 03:26:55 pm »
Hello to you

The game gets stuck in the 2nd quest in level 4 in the room where the raft is located. As I approach the stairs, the game is frozen.