News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Dragon Ball Z Super Gokuuden Totsugeki-Hen (Super Famicom) translation update released!  (Read 4625 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Hiei-

Since 2006 (release date of the last patch) and the drop of the project by the original project leader, the hack has been completely redone and now, the game can be fully played (following the original story) in English.

It's still a beta patch and a final version will be published later. More details about it can be found in the readme.

The archive contains two patches, one with the English anime names and one with the English manga names to please everyone.

(As the old project page has been updated with the new patch rather than creating a new one, this news is mainly to give a bit of visibility to the new patch, as most people might not notice it without a news).

We hope you enjoy it!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Hiei-

• View Profile
I thought the images were still not okay in the project page, but there are. It was because of the browser cache, in fact.

Shiryu

• No Surrender, No Retreat.
    • View Profile
    • Shiryu Music
This is a bit odd, but I seem to be unable to beat the very first battle against Pteranodon. I know how the battle system works, I keep successfully defending and attacking him but he just doesn't stay down. It has been many years since I played this in it's original state, but I don't think he took this many hits to bring down. I'm using bsnes+ 0.73+3a and the anime translation. Anyone else having the same issue? :-\

And Happy New Year for everyone here! :woot!:

Conhecedor

• View Profile
This is a bit odd, but I seem to be unable to beat the very first battle against Pteranodon.

You need increase Goku's power.
Just hold L & R in battle.

Shiryu

• No Surrender, No Retreat.
    • View Profile
    • Shiryu Music
Thank you! Ah, this failing memory of mine... ::)

Hiei-

• View Profile
Yeah, the power of your attack depend of how much the power value is raised.

If you keep attacking without raising it, your character will be slower and his attack power will be greatly reduced.

By the way, I forgot to include it in the readme but Zsnes 1.51 (dunno about older versions) doesn't emulate the game properly (though it's playable). In the second half of the game, the characters portrait often glitch and to fix it, it require to go in the option menu (START) then leave it. I guess it's a VRAM emulation problem (as it also happen with the japanese version and when I was young, I had the original game and never got this problem).

So yeah, I recommend to use other emulators (Higan/Bsnes, and maybe Snes9x, though I haven't fully tested the game on this last one).

Thanks, just noticed a typo thanks to your screenshot! It should be "Urgh!" and not "Ugh!" :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 07:13:55 pm by Hiei- »

Rhys

• View Profile
    • CN
Holy crap, I never thought this game's translation would be finished. Good work Hiei!

Conhecedor

• View Profile
i finished the game and found no bugs.

Spoiler:

I only found untranslated texts from the five NPCs:

Game Over:
Spoiler:

Ending:
Spoiler:

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
This is very nice. Thank you for all of your effort on this project!!
What are you planning to do next?  8)

Hiei-

• View Profile
i finished the game and found no bugs.

Spoiler:

I only found untranslated texts from the five NPCs:

Game Over:
Spoiler:

Ending:
Spoiler:

Yeah, it's normal. I wrote in the readme those texts were not translated (for now, I only translated a part of those texts, the useful ones, those which give hints).

This is very nice. Thank you for all of your effort on this project!!
What are you planning to do next?  8)

A final version with better (manual) line-breaks, and translating the few remaining texts (even if there are completely useless, they should be translated).

Except that, I don't have any plans for other games for now (except I'm helping someone who want to redo the translation of Super Gokuuden 2 but I just wrote him dump/insert scripts for the texts).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:17:46 pm by Hiei- »

Josephine Lithius

• Lv. 35 Cutemonger
    • View Profile
    • JosephineLithius @ Tumblr
Gotta be honest, I hate that Square/Enix font when it's used outside of the original games.  It's in so many hacks...!

That aside, this is pretty darn exciting!  I'm not sure I even knew this game had a WiP translation, so seeing that it got a full translation is just amazing to me!
I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look.
-=( http://josephinelithius.tumblr.com )=-

Hiei-

• View Profile
I can be wrong but from what I remember, I extracted it from Secret of Mana, which is another game I worked on (french retranslation).

I didn't know it was so much used in english translations.  :huh:

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
The font is "Chicago", the default font on old ('80s and '90s) Macintoshes.

Secret of Evermore used that font, but if you say Secret of Mana, then you probably mean FuSoYa's rewrite.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Hiei-

• View Profile
Yeah, I guess. It's so old I forgot  ;D

kristigurl

• View Profile
Gotta be honest, I hate that Square/Enix font when it's used outside of the original games.  It's in so many hacks...!

Personally I think it looks nice and most attempts to make a "better" font that I have seen looks ugly to me, also other companies used that font back in the day other than Square and Enix, which I will also add were separate rival companies at the time, so it pretty ridiculous to act as if it's a sin for anyone to use it for games by other companies. It's not like it's some sort of fancy special font in the first place, it's just a simple nice looking font, and I'm pretty sure that's exactly the reason so many people use it. In other words, calm down.

fran

• View Profile
yes,semi-necrobump
but i just started playing this game the other day and wanted to say thanks

i found this really minor typo at the very beginning,don't know if the author(s) want people to post think kind of stuff in the thread ?

edit : and a few graphical glitches too but i'll wait for a response before uploading more pictures
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:59:56 pm by fran »