News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Possible to hack moving enemies/random battles?  (Read 704 times)

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
    • 8-bit fan's Hacking Projects
Hi Everyone!

I've had this thought for a long time now, but have never really gotten around to asking about it.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - A decent attempt at an RPG with some great music. I've always hated the fact that the enemies are static and you just can't get around to avoiding certain battles. It made the game very rigid. So, I've always thought what if we could make the enemies on the map screens move around like the ones do in the Romancing Saga series? Or even random battles as much as I do not prefer them? Either would make the game much more interesting and enjoyable.

So, my question is, would it be a huge undertaking or even feasible to hack the game so that the map enemies move around? Or even scrapping enemies on maps altogether and just implement a random battle system?

I'm guessing this would be very difficult or nearly impossible to implement. Yeah?

Any thoughts? ;)

8-bit fan
In the year of 200X, a super robot named Mega Man...
http://www.8bitfan.info/

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
There are a couple areas in the game where enemies are already invisible, until you collect an item to reveal them.
So it's probably not impossible.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
    • 8-bit fan's Hacking Projects
There are a couple areas in the game where enemies are already invisible, until you collect an item to reveal them.
So it's probably not impossible.
Hi KingMike! :)

Thanks for the input! That's a good start! Even though the scope of a project like this is probably beyond what I can do for now. :)
In the year of 200X, a super robot named Mega Man...
http://www.8bitfan.info/