News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Secret of Mana: Relocalized  (Read 35316 times)

Shade Aurion

• Submission Reviewer
  • Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
Re: Secret of Mana: Relocalized
« Reply #180 on: March 31, 2019, 12:34:08 am »
I think aside from the bug fixes that assassin17 made, all Secret of Evermore really needs is an optional patch to swap the functionality of the A and B Buttons. You can swap your attack and dash buttons, but you can't swap your confirm and cancel buttons in the menu. It sucks!

There was potential for quality of life improvements too. Islands you couldn't land on previously could have landing zones made and maybe an end game merchant that sells rare materials and ingredients so you can actually max level alchemy spells like Nitro and stuff. There could be later game merchants that have various missable armor available and missable items too.

There is the Laser alchemy spell too - https://tcrf.net/Secret_of_Evermore

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2019, 09:52:09 am »
There was potential for quality of life improvements too. Islands you couldn't land on previously could have landing zones made and maybe an end game merchant that sells rare materials and ingredients so you can actually max level alchemy spells like Nitro and stuff. There could be later game merchants that have various missable armor available and missable items too.

There is the Laser alchemy spell too - https://tcrf.net/Secret_of_Evermore
Those would be very cool implementations!

Shade Aurion

• Submission Reviewer
  • Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #182 on: March 31, 2019, 05:22:27 pm »
Yeah i'd love to see Secret of Evermore get a bit more love. Same with the Soul Blazer Trilogy and Sword of Mana.
But we shouldn't get too far off topic. I only brought it up because I thought Secret of Evermore might have used the same engine as Secret of Mana and with what Timbo has accomplished here and with World of Balance, it really opened my eyes to the possibilities <3

pfraktal

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2019, 07:20:34 pm »
Would there happen to be an all in one hack ips that includes 1.7, msu-1, and the best hacks that go with it not changing to much of the original game? I can't figure out how to patch everything correctly. This would be much appreciated.

Timbo

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 24, 2019, 06:22:38 am »
Would there happen to be an all in one hack ips that includes 1.7, msu-1, and the best hacks that go with it not changing to much of the original game? I can't figure out how to patch everything correctly. This would be much appreciated.

There sure is.
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=27890.0

pfraktal

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2019, 05:34:47 pm »
Nice! That mod looks awesome. One more question. So I have played SoM before growing up but not in a long time and I never finished it. What's the best way for first playthrough? Turbo or vanilla?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 08:16:52 pm by pfraktal »

Timbo

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2019, 10:58:27 am »
I think the best first playthrough would be just Relocalized. It has vanilla gameplay, and my extension of FuSoYa's VWF script. It also removes censorship.

Turbo is great for a second playthrough and includes Relocalized as an option.

Hybrid Divide

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2019, 12:22:15 pm »
I'm having trouble with applying additional patches after applying Relocalized 1.7.
In addition to Relocalized 1.7, I also want to use the "Restore Unused Fanfares" and "Level 9 Weapons Progression Balance" patches.

All patches seemed to apply successfully. Everything boots up fine. Title screen, and name entry work fine. The intro seems fine until just before the Mode 7 map zoom is supposed to start, but it freezes there.  It shows the first bit of text from the waterfall scene but stops there.  The audio keeps playing.

Help, please!  Thanks in advance!

Timbo: Thanks for all your hard work!  I can't wait to play this!

Timbo

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2019, 06:05:28 pm »
I'm having trouble with applying additional patches after applying Relocalized 1.7.
In addition to Relocalized 1.7, I also want to use the "Restore Unused Fanfares" and "Level 9 Weapons Progression Balance" patches.

All patches seemed to apply successfully. Everything boots up fine. Title screen, and name entry work fine. The intro seems fine until just before the Mode 7 map zoom is supposed to start, but it freezes there.  It shows the first bit of text from the waterfall scene but stops there.  The audio keeps playing.

Help, please!  Thanks in advance!

Timbo: Thanks for all your hard work!  I can't wait to play this!

The easiest way to combine Relocalized with other hacks is to use Secret of Mana: Turbo. It even comes with the most recent version of Relocalized built right in.

Hybrid Divide

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2019, 03:18:24 am »
I'll use that.  Thank you!

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 28, 2019, 02:34:18 am »
The easiest way to combine Relocalized with other hacks is to use Secret of Mana: Turbo. It even comes with the most recent version of Relocalized built right in.

:thumbsup:

Timbo

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2019, 03:10:54 pm »
With the Western release of Trials of Mana there is now a clean new official updated translation of the series' nomenclature so I'll be giving Relocalized an update in the near future.

If anyone has a list of the creatures, items, equipment, etc. from that release, I would love to see it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 05:17:01 pm by Timbo »

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2019, 03:53:07 pm »
With the Western release of Trials of Mana there is now a clean new official translation of the series' nomenclature so I'll lbs doing an update in the near future.

If anyone has a list of the creatures, items, equipment, etc. from that release, I would love to see it.
Yeah. People still want to check out how much was changed in the localization in comparison to Neil Corlett's fan translation (which Mato will take care of that eventually).

However, people also wanna check out if some tiny glitches exists in the leaked ROM. I still ask myself if there are any typo errors and mistakes, glitches, or bugs, and if they can be fixed.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2019, 07:00:21 pm »
Trials uses a thinner font and the results are visible. There's way more text in the boxes and dialogue is much more expansive.
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

Cavery210

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2019, 08:57:42 pm »
I just wanted to let you know that KWhazit has been doing notes for Secret of Mana here and there are plenty of mistakes within the official translation: https://kwhazit.ucoz.net/trans/sd2/index.html

Here are the more notable mistakes he found so far. I'm using the original Woolsey script here by the way since your patch is based of it.:

Luka should be Rusa Luka, a reference to the rusalka, a water spirit in Slavic mythology.

Each cannon travel brother has a different laugh and speech quirk.

It will grow and regain it's power just like your Mana Sword. - Secret of Mana
This is incorrect. The Japanese version says that it will evolve its power ALONGSIDE the Mana Sword.

The Goblins speak in katakana, which KWhazit decided to translate with all caps and broken English.

Goblins: You look delicious! ...SHRIEK!
\

Another mistake here. The goblins are supposed to do an evil cackle.

The Empire attacked us once about 15 years ago.

This is incorrect. What she is actually referring to was a full on war. The quote should be "Their was a big war against the Empire about 15 years ago."

Watts does not say that the axe is worthless. He just says that the axe doesn't seem to work.

Elinee did not dispatch Pandora's citizens, as they are found near the shrine later on. She really enfeebled them, or made them weaker.

I have been trading the villagers for Thanatos's herbs.

This is incorrect. In reality, this is what she said.

[/quote]I've been getting the herbs to preserve my magic from Thanatos in exchange
for enfeebling the townspeople.[/quote]

Elinee's warp outside her castle is actually her using the last of her magic.

Undine:Your Mana Sword will one day become more powerful than any magic.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. She is actually saying that the one who uses the Mana Sword cannot use magic, as it would clash with the sword's power, potentially killing Randi.

Undine:The user of the Mana Sword cannot use magic. If the wielder of the Mana Sword ever used magic, it would clash with the sword's power, causing you to meet an untimely end.

Emperor Vandole's four generals are known as the Shitennou, or the Four Heavenly Kings, a recurring concept in Japanese media originating from Buddhism. My suggested translations for this title are Four Fiends (used in FF4), the Elite Four (used in Pokemon), or the Four Horsemen (possibly the Shitennou's closest counterpart in western mythology.)

The Scorpion Gang are based on the Doronbo Gang from Yatterman, which popularized the Terrible Trio trope. KWhazit translated them as Team Scorpion, referring to Team Rocket, which are the most notable example in the English speaking world.

"GONTMA" means goodbye!

A little type here. The word should be Ognatam, which is Matango backwards.

Shade Aurion

• Submission Reviewer
  • Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2019, 03:27:55 pm »
You know, looking back on this thread, an optional title screen patch for a variant with 'Seiken Densetsu II' might be something a few people want. The mockups looked pretty good. Maybe have "Seiken Densetsu II" and 'Relocalised" appear with the "Press Start"

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2019, 09:18:10 pm »
Final Fantasy Adventure Gaiden: Adventures of the Legend of The Holy Sword of Mana 2: Secret of Mana

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2019, 09:48:56 pm »
Final Fantasy Adventure Gaiden: Adventures of the Legend of The Holy Sword of Mana 2: Secret of Mana
:laugh:

hmsong

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2019, 12:42:06 am »

You win.  Add in "Remastered!"  Don't forget the "!".