Try giving some minimal information first:
* How did you decompile it
* What exactly are you calling a bin file? An ISO file in binary format? An executable file?
* Are you trying to make a specific file for ePSXe or just a standard file that ePSXe may run it like any other emulator or real hardware would?
* What are the mods you've added? How did you add them? Where did you get them?
Don't limit yourself to these questions.
1)I used the program Anyburn to Browse/Extract the psx bin of saga frontier.
2)The file is labeled as .BIN so yes, a ISO in Bin format. it comes paired with a .cue file when I got it from the disk. the copied bin works fine, the one I'm trying to recompile does not.
3) Just a standard file.
4) I edited the internal file SCUS_942.30 which includes most player data, My mod was to give all swords a second command. All items in Saga frontier can have up to three skills attached to it, though most gear does not use this. As I have no idea how to find the values in the raw bin I needed to decomplie it to access this file. I added them by editing the weapon status table located in the file mentioned above at 0x0000A0A0 with hex editor HxD. I got them by making them from using Mr.Vimes notes on mapping of the file found here http://sf.data.project.tripod.com/item_data.txt
I did not expand the size of this file or do anything that would break it.
5) I commonly work with GBA games in my mods, but Saga frontier is a game I highly love, and figuring out how to get it to run after editing the SCUS_942.30 file will allow me to re balance the game.