News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Castlevania 3 - Linear Version

Started by Turambar, November 08, 2018, 06:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turambar

Updated the patch again.
I made various improvements, little things that bothered me about the game.
I fixed the tiles of the Axe Armor, which were offset incorrectly, leaving gaps.
I fixed the tiles of the Leviathan boss as it comes out of the coffin, which were flipped incorrectly.
I fixed the floor during the 2nd form of the Death fight. Originally the top of the floor tiles kind of got "eaten".
I fixed an animation when you say no to a guest character, the head used to end on a frame where Trevor is looking away.
I fixed the weird "door bounce" in the Japanese version when you open a door.
Here is a screenie!

nesrocks

Quote from: Turambar on November 27, 2018, 09:10:25 PMI thought that some of the animations in the game were too slow, so I made them faster!

Which ones exactly and by how much? When I started working on this people almost ordered my assassination for desecrating CV3.  ::)

Not to mention bugs were introduced in some sections due to the increased move speed.

Turambar

Quote from: nesrocks on December 18, 2018, 12:45:30 PM
Which ones exactly and by how much?
Character change speed (I changed the sound effect too), door transition speed, the super slow flooding animation that happens after phase 1 of the Sunken City boss. I'm not going to change anything that affects gameplay, I just hate waiting.

Also, I sometimes see a weird graphical glitch when fighting the Sunken City bone dragon boss, where his falling body parts will turn into garbage tiles. I want to fix it, but it only happens when I'm not expecting it and therefore can't save state to test it. Anybody know how it happens?

#

Quote from: Turambar on December 18, 2018, 12:57:08 PM
Character change speed (I changed the sound effect too), door transition speed, the super slow flooding animation that happens after phase 1 of the Sunken City boss. I'm not going to change anything that affects gameplay, I just hate waiting.
Great work! I hate those long gameplay breaking segments as well and coincidentally I've been working on similar changes for another game. You should consider releasing those changes as a separate patch for the core game as well.

nesrocks

I have a version that does exactly that: no waiting, but same gameplay. I never bothered to submit it due to negative feedback :P My rom name is "original gameplay, but no bull****", but it's for the J version.

PachaWillWatchYa

Quote from: nesrocks on December 18, 2018, 02:42:59 PM
I have a version that does exactly that: no waiting, but same gameplay. I never bothered to submit it due to negative feedback :P My rom name is "original gameplay, but no bull****", but it's for the J version.
I thought the hack with increased player speed was the one with shitty feedback.

@Turambar
Good job, my man.
You're doing the god's work. :thumbsup:

DavidtheIdeaMan

I'd tried it out & I have to say pretty good :)

Sephirous

There is also a graphic error in The Frankenstein Monster as well I believe and possibly Cyclops.
When they attack there is a blank space in their sprite just like what happened with the Axe Armor etc.

But it has been awhile and I don't remember for sure anymore.

Morinis

Quote from: Sephirous on January 05, 2019, 02:03:08 PM
There is also a graphic error in The Frankenstein Monster as well I believe and possibly Cyclops.
When they attack there is a blank space in their sprite just like what happened with the Axe Armor etc.

But it has been awhile and I don't remember for sure anymore.

I remember.  They both need to be fixed especially Frankenstein's Monster.

To be honest, there's a lot of things that need to be fixed.  Tons of bugs in Castlevania 3 that Konami left :P
ROM Hacker, Reviewer and Critic.

Don't Know What Else To Say So... <3 You!

Turambar

Updated hack with Frankenstein fix.

I don't see anything wrong with Cyclops.

#

It looks like the bottom half of Frankenstein on the 2nd row still needs to be moved to the left a bit (or top to the other side).

Turambar

Vanya

Is it possible the bottom should be one more pixel to the left?
Seems like it would be more consistent with the other sprites.