News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Custom music in dkc for snes!  (Read 305 times)

rainbwsprinklez

• Anything is possible :)
    • View Profile
Custom music in dkc for snes!
« on: October 15, 2018, 06:57:22 pm »
I already submit a decent troll hack (DKDC), my next desire is to import custom music. I am working with Donkey Kong Country for the SNES, 1.0. I am very new to sound editing in games, but I stumbled on a thread on SMWCentral that told me I needed a txt version of a midi. I got one, now what do I do with it?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 09:23:56 pm by rainbwsprinklez »
Anything is possible :)

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Sound.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:07:20 pm »
There are no standards when it comes to SNES music – otherwise you would see a lot more music hacks out there.  Someone out there has probably written some documentation on DKC's music engine, and maybe someone's even written useful tools, but otherwise you'll have to figure things out for yourself – and if no one's done that already, it's probably exceedingly difficult to do.

Perhaps you could link to the thread you found on SMWCentral?  I expect whatever it is relates exclusively to the SMW music engine (which I very much expect is extremely well documented).

Also please try to use more descriptive subject lines than "Sound" or "Graphics".
This depresses me. I feel like a goldfish right now...

rainbwsprinklez

• Anything is possible :)
    • View Profile
Re: Custom music in dkc for snes!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 09:40:41 pm »
Thanks for the tip! And no, I've been searching. Not much on the web, except the atlas, but that seems false or not enough.... guess i'm going the hard way! Do you guys have any solid recommendations for sound debugging/logging? One you may have experience in is ideal. I understand sound has its own processor
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 07:19:44 am by rainbwsprinklez »
Anything is possible :)