News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: How to delete account?  (Read 436 times)

mariosmentor

• View Profile
How to delete account?
« on: October 15, 2018, 02:11:02 pm »
Is there a way to delete my account on this site? I signed up because I thought I could learn how to make translation patches, but not only do I have no idea how table files work, despite reading everything this site offers about them, there's also the fact that I have no real means of learning Japanese effectively. Rosetta Stone? Can't afford it. Library books? I can read it, and understand it, but can't retain it. At this point, I'm starting to lose interest in the language entirely. So, what use could I have for this account at this point? If I can't delete it on my own, could I be banned, then?

Orochi Kusanagi

• View Profile
Re: How to delete account?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 02:23:36 pm »
Why can't you just log out and forget about it? It's not like this site sends random e-mails constantly or anything.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Re: How to delete account?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 06:22:23 am »
Reading through all your previous posts, I don't want to presume what's going on in your life to make you feel like this, but my advice is to chill out and take it one step at a time. Hacking and translation are two different things, and as someone who does both, I would say that you don't have to be competent with the hacking in order to translate.

If you still don't understand table files, perhaps you've been trying 16-bit games with compression etc, which is always tough if you don't know assembly. I recommend something simple to get the hang of this. Example:

Take a look at the first game I translated, Detective Conan Mechanical Temple whatever on the Game Boy Color. Open the ROM in Tile Molester, scroll through it and you'll find the kana effectually. Next, use Relativeful Search and search for the first word Conan says in the game (don't remember what it is), by using numbers instead of kana in the order it's in the graphics - a is 1, i is 2 etc. Make sure to avoid dakuten characters like da and ji, cause different games do them differently.

You will probably find an address where that word is (you may find a few if it's a common word). Now open the ROM in WH32EX and you can see what hex values the kana have, so use Tabular to make a table file (it's a good program cause it can do autofill for different character sets, just use Romaji for now).

So you put the kana in your table file, including anything else you saw in Tile Molester, and open the ROM in WH32EX with your table file, and go to the location where Conan's line is. Voila, there's your text. :)

If you didn't follow, gimme a shout.