News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [SNES] Marvelous - Mouhitotsu no Takarajima (Released!!) Translation Progress  (Read 32499 times)

DackR

• Mo~
    • View Profile
    • Hackaday.io Page
So @DackR,

Does that mean that this game doesn't have anymore bugs?

v1.06 should have all of the script bugs fixed that were mentioned above. I'm taking a little break from Marvelous. :) Rest assured, I'll be back at it soon enough.

John Enigma

• View Profile
^ That's cool. Hopefully you'll release the VWF version of this game, and the specialized translation tools that go with it, like you promised.

You said 2016, right? ;)

DackR

• Mo~
    • View Profile
    • Hackaday.io Page
^ That's cool. Hopefully you'll release the VWF version of this game, and the specialized translation tools that go with it, like you promised.

You said 2016, right? ;)

I've released the English project files here: https://github.com/danielburgess/Marvelous-SFC-EN

This includes a script editor as well as the tool I made to keep track of changes, encode the script, and other tasks (MBuild). --However, only the binaries have been released so far.

I'm using MBuild for the Super Famicom Wars and Super Bomberman 5 projects. It currently supports all Lunar Compress compression types as well as compression for SFCW and SBM5.

I'll be working on the VWF version of Marvelous after the break. ;) I guess I'll clean up the tool source code a bit and make it available on Github soon.

dejan07

• View Profile

Nintendo Power has even written 2 articles on the game!

dejan07

• View Profile
I am amazed how good the game actually is! Not releasing this in US was a big mistake.

Are they any plans to translate the two BS Marvelous Camp Arnold Course and BS Marvelous Time Athletic Course parts?

Sabin Stargem

• View Profile

Ooooh!  I loved playing Wonder Project J2.  Wish that game got a spiritual sequel...

Panzer88

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
Thanks for getting the graphics done! Can't wait for the VWF!
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

John Enigma

• View Profile
^Me neither.

fran

• View Profile
bump

thanks a lot for translating this game , definitely one of the greatest "adventure" games on the sfc
considering who was in the charge of this game,the princess and the entire chapter 4 was sort of a prelude to minish cap

anyway,i played this using an older version of higan
the translation was impeccable , only found 1 minor glitch
happens everytime a character says "i'm.." so i would say maybe 5-6 times in total

and,lastly,out of curiosity :
the spiders in chapter 4 tell you that you can "bugger off"
isn't that a little too much ?