News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury Idea Thread  (Read 2994 times)

BaiduMe

• View Profile
Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury Idea Thread
« on: October 08, 2018, 04:47:24 am »
I figured out how to do a bunch of stuff with this game, and shared some of my discoveries in the DataCrystal wiki. I have the game pretty much figured out (in terms of sprites) except a few very small details. So this is all I can do with the game, I'd be happy to hear your feedback on what can be done with this. Because I'm out of ideas lmao.

1. Import LoG2 sprites into Buu's Fury
2. Recolor any sprite
3. Change any NPC/enemy to any other NPC/enemy (including playable characters)
4. Place NPCs/enemies anywhere
5. Change NPC text (only if the text appears somewhere in the game)
6. Android 18 was a planned playable character, but the game crashed when you attack. Once I fixed that (by importing the sprites from LoG2), the issue was resolved and Android 18 is now a playable character.

RedFlameFox

• View Profile
Re: Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury Idea Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 06:22:12 am »
Well, I wanted to make an Italian translation of this game since I was a kid, so being able to change the NPC text would be something I'd like to do.
Also, I didn't know Android 18 was planned to be a playable character, kinda weird since her role in the Buu Saga wasn't that important to beign with, but hey, I remember (when I used to mess around with Action Replay on this game on YT almost 13 years ago) that Videl also was able to throw Ki Blasts full with unused sprite animation, and many other NPC characters were fully playable without crashing the game or glitching out (until you go in the World Map at least), and that was weird.

Also point 4 would be cool for messing around and creating some cool custom challenges, something like fighting more bosses (or all of them?) at once.

Tailo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 06:04:51 am »
Hi. I've been making a hackrom of this game for a while, in which I'm translating it into Spanish. I have reached the part where Goku returns to the Otherworld. I also know how to modify scenes, change songs, make characters perform certain actions, I have modified sprites and portraits. I'm very interested in point 4. I do not know if you could explain the method to do it, since I could use it for something I want to change.

Thank you.

BaiduMe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 08:41:14 am »
Hi. I've been making a hackrom of this game for a while, in which I'm translating it into Spanish. I have reached the part where Goku returns to the Otherworld. I also know how to modify scenes, change songs, make characters perform certain actions, I have modified sprites and portraits. I'm very interested in point 4. I do not know if you could explain the method to do it, since I could use it for something I want to change.

Thank you.

I responded to your thread, and I thought it was a long shot since you were offline for so long. But if we can exchange some of the stuff we know, we can make a large document about the game and help the modding community :) I'm honestly pretty pumped about the possibilities.

Being a programmer, I could maybe even write a couple of tools to make modding easier.