News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Dreams Do Come True, Arabian Nights Translation Finished  (Read 36533 times)

patuli

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Dreams Do Come True, Arabian Nights Translation Finished
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2013, 01:45:51 pm »
It would be nice to have a patch that reduces the random encounter rate to 20% and provides 5x Exp to compensate this. The game is just unplayable in its current state, even if you are a hardcore JRPG fan the encounter rate is far too high in my opinion.
I would love that someone could make this, the encounter rate is as bad if not more than black sigil for the ds,i wonder if this is even possible, i don't want to have zero encounters but a reduction in the rate.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2013, 01:57:50 pm »
Personally I think this would take all the challenge out of the game. If changes like this are made the game needs a full rebalance hack.

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2013, 08:43:43 am »
Also saying it here but LostTemplar, your inbox is full so I can't send you the script (and it seems you don't check the email address of your blog).

And I'm still waiting for the other files.

ChronoMoogle

• View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2013, 12:19:48 pm »
He's offline for some RL reasons atm. Nothing problematical as far as I know, more like a thing of preferences ;)

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2013, 07:11:02 am »
He's the one who said to me to let him remember as he often forget, so that's what I was doing.

Okay, I'll wait to get news from him then (as long as I didn't copy-pasted 200k of text for nothing, that's fine for me  ;D).

Nagi Streetfighter

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2013, 12:27:30 pm »
Thank You for this one! :)
I was very dissapointed when last time I couldn't find any translation.
But now it's here and the game's fully playable! I'm looking forward
Your next work guys!
Final Fantasy (Square, 1987-2001)

gadesx

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2013, 05:41:39 am »
I've found a freeze bug (in a sidequest I think), in the northwest of Bazaar village there is a cave,
at the end of the cave you talk with a fish, and he say that you can go to visit a djinn,
when you enter in the room with the djinn the game freezes.

cantankerous

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2013, 09:49:45 am »
I've found a freeze bug (in a sidequest I think), in the northwest of Bazaar village there is a cave,
at the end of the cave you talk with a fish, and he say that you can go to visit a djinn,
when you enter in the room with the djinn the game freezes.

Thanks for sharing this.  I am surprised it hasn't come up before, but things have been so quiet with this game since its release, I wonder if it even matters to report this anymore?  There was suppose to be a new patch released that tweaks the walking speed and random battles, but it never surfaced.  I still hope it does someday, as I am holding off playing this until it does.  Slow walking speed and overly high random battles, have me not enjoy a game like I could.

ChronoMoogle

• View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2013, 08:57:14 am »
Interesting, normally this does not happen and the scene of the water djinn works fine. To make things easier please send a savestate to losttemplar. This is most likely a unfinished event which should have been triggered if you meet that djinn under special circumstances. Would be interesting at which point of the game you entered her shrine?

cantankerous

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2013, 10:56:25 am »
Nice to hear an official response on this, from someone who was part of the team to begin with.  If more details can be given and a replication made known, the chances of getting this bug fixed are quite high, which is only a good thing.

I don't mean to be a pest at all, but any word on when the updated patch will be released (already done as far as I know??) that increases the walking speed, by decreasing the random battle amount?  Again, just curious is all.  Thanks for your time.

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2013, 03:24:18 pm »
Somehow I missed the new posts here.

I've been pretty busy the last few months, hence the lack of updates. My apologies. But I do intend to finish everything up when I get the time; considering the walking speed and encounter rate are only a few changed bytes I could probably create an addendum patch for that soon.

Regarding that lock-up, yes, it would be good to have a save state just before ithappens in order to be able to investigate the issue. A potentially big bug-fix (I can't even say if it's the patch or was there in the original - that's AN for you...) like that would have to wait until I have more time, though.

cantankerous

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2013, 09:05:05 am »
No need to apologize sir, you have a life outside of here and we all know that (or at least should!)  Thanks for reaching out however, it is nice to hear that things are still on the burner cooking and not left out in the cold and forgotten about.  The only reason I inquired about the new patch (random encounter reduction/walking speed increase) is because you said the patch was already done and tested, but that you were waiting on other language translations that were taking place for the game and that you were to release everything together, when they were done.  When I heard nothing new after that, I was very curious on the happenings in the background.  I am very glad to hear the patch will still come out however and I know it will be worth the wait.  Hopefully the freeze up mentioning above is nothing too serious, or even anything that is reproducible and fixable on your end, as minus the tweaks of the random encounters and walking speed, it seems this patch is about perfect and has made the game so much more enjoyable. 

Thanks again and keep up the great work.  I look forward to the updated patch soon!

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2013, 09:58:50 pm »
LostTemplar, your inbox is full again  :-\ I have all the files needed to produce the patch of "Arabian Nights", I'll try to send them by e-mail, hoping you'll look at them.

ze10

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2016, 09:10:54 pm »
Sorry for reviving this old topic, but I'd like to report an issue.
I was playing this game on my SDSNES and the game froze several times on the world map:
1) Opening the menu, saving and going back to the world map (doesn't happen very often);
2) Changing the party leader by pressing start (happens all the time).
3) Trying to use the magic carpet (99% of the time).

I managed to get to the part where you get the magic carpet even with the first two issues, but since now I need to use the magic carpet to proceed, I'm pretty much stuck... Can anyone help me with this?

Maverynthia

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2018, 01:50:06 pm »
I've notices a mis-translation concerning "Lady" Marid. I assume it's Marid-sama and an assumption was made on gender probably based on atashi/watashi/watakushi or just something else. Anyways Lady should be Lord based on this art.

Maybe confused her with Layla Layl

Another blue djinni

I looked into commenting on the translators page, but it looks to be all in Japanese and/or was changed to someone else's blog?