News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Sword of Vermilion. Where to Post My Work?  (Read 470 times)

XDel

• View Profile
Sword of Vermilion. Where to Post My Work?
« on: January 01, 2020, 03:33:48 pm »
Hello, I have been a member on here for a while now, but have not been active in the forums.
Last night I was playing Sword of Vermilion on the Genesis Mini and decided to have a go at tweaking it a little bit.
This is my first attempt to what I came up with was this:

First and foremost, it has been years since I beat this game. I recall really enjoying it, but it also being a bit on the tedious side. So to rectify this I applied a code using Game Genie Guy which prevents the Church from outright stealing your money upon recovery, ala Dragon Quest. It would seem to me that the community churches would be valued within the community and that it would not be so hard up as to forcefully take the money out of the hands of a recently dead man. Also as the game progresses, this will help cut back on a lot of frustration as it is already hard enough to stay alive within the labyrinths until you have found a map.

Naturally the Game Genie code does not change the priest's dialog, so I used a Hex editor to alter his speech a bit, so now when he revives you, he informs you that The Spirit has called you back from Deaths' domain, as opposed to informing you that he's ganked half your stash.

While in the Hex editor I also changed the name of the protagonist's father from Blade to Aaron, as I felt that Blade was probably a name invented for Western translations of the game and just didn't fit along side the other names. Aaron on the other hand is an old Egyptian/Hebrew name with more depth of meaning than "blade".

For those interested, you can read more about the name, it's history, and meanings here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_(given_name)

Anyhow, long winded intro aside, I am new to this and looking for the place where I upload my compressed IPS file and was wondering if someone could point the way.

I am of course interested in hearing about any bugs should there be any.

Thank you.

BigNailCow

• View Profile
Re: Sword of Vermilion. Where to Post My Work?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 06:03:17 am »
Can you not use the default submission page?

By the way, I'm somewhat interested in learning to hack Sword of Vermilion. Can you send me any notes you may have accumulated, like on where stuff is in the ROM/RAM? Thanks!

If I decide to pursue it, I may contact you about helping me out or giving opinions on changes.