News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Dragon Quest Delocalized Projects  (Read 176709 times)

Chicken Knife

• View Profile
Re: Dragon Quest Delocalized Projects
« Reply #400 on: January 11, 2022, 11:46:44 pm »
But about the Red Slime, I still think that it should be "Beth" instead of "Bess", since "Beth" is a female name in English. And I think that's how the newer DQ localizations came up with the name "She-slime".
We feel that "Beth" is "too female" compared to the more gender-obscure "Besu", and we also feel like it sounds too much like a human name rather than an animal noun like "hen" or "sow", but nevertheless, I'd have taken "Beth" in the localizations over "Red" or "She"

....But anyway, I think you guys should focus on other project instead. I really wanted to see a Delocalized version of Dragon Warrior IV!
You know, we actually do have something in the works with Dragon Quest IV, but it's not the NES version. There was a thread active several months ago by markus and spookdy talking about translating the PSX version to English, and I'm delighted to share that there has been some slow but steady progress on the technical end of that. Furthermore, they seem to be looking to us for collaborating exclusively on the translation. We are talking about an inclusive approach to namings, with options that would make most everyone in the fan base happy--which we support because this would be the first release of this version of the game in English.

But in the meantime, we are getting close to wrapping up a surprise translation project for a non-DQ SNES game. Looking forward to that coming out in the next few weeks.

And btw, congratulations on the release of your Indonesian translation! It's great to see people out there with the passion to make classic DQ accessible all over the world!   :beer:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 11:56:40 pm by Chicken Knife »

Hamikon

• Hello~
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 12, 2022, 01:45:20 am »
We feel that "Beth" is "too female" compared to the more gender-obscure "Besu", and we also feel like it sounds too much like a human name rather than an animal noun like "hen" or "sow", but nevertheless, I'd have taken "Beth" in the localizations over "Red" or "She"

Oh, so that's the reason.

But in the meantime, we are getting close to wrapping up a surprise translation project for a non-DQ SNES game. Looking forward to that coming out in the next few weeks.

And btw, congratulations on the release of your Indonesian translation! It's great to see people out there with the passion to make classic DQ accessible all over the world! :beer:

Woah, that is indeed surprising. I'm also looking forward for the release!

Oh yeah, I have just released a new patch a couple days ago. Thank you! :beer:
There's almost no DQ fan in Indonesia, but 11 got a good reputation in here. I made the translation in hopes of getting some Indonesians like myself interested in DQ, my next project is an Indonesian Trasnlation of Dragon Warrior III.

ronbin

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 17, 2022, 06:39:54 am »
Hi

I've just downloaded all your translations. Inside the zip files there are multiple patches
DQ1
-dq_delocalized_114.ips
-dq_delocalized_NA_gfx_100.ips
-dq_delocalized_NA_gfx_J_palettes_101.ips

DQ3
-dq3_delocalized_104.ips
-dq3_revert_to_localized_gold-xp.ips

DQM
-DQM_Delocalized_Revert_Metal_XP.ips
-DragonQuestMonsters_Delocalized_1.04.ips

Should I use all of them?
Thanks in advance