News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mario Family - GBC (sewing) can I customize it?  (Read 937 times)

somchai

• View Profile
Mario Family - GBC (sewing) can I customize it?
« on: August 24, 2018, 02:16:36 am »
Hi there , My name’s Somchai
So I’ve got a problem with Mario Family - GBC (sewing) can I customize it?
Mario Family and it allows your Jaguar Sewing Machine (specially made for use with Game Boy) to sew Mario patterns onto clothes etc.. I'm wondering if this ROM can be hacked in a way to allow for custom patterns
I was thinking maybe the ROM can be a sort of template since it communicates with the machine already, it just needs the images swapped out for custom ones (like Eyes for a plush doll, etc..)

Here's the part that has me confused:

In the case of a regular plotter, the software reads vector art and converts it to code that the plotter can use. Do you suppose the cartridge works the same, where if I redraw the art in the game, the Game Boy will read the drawing and convert it to code that the sewing machine can use? Or is there a more sophisticated code that was pre-made and then inserted into the cart? (the images on screen are simply just menu items to choose from and have nothing to do with the output? ทางเข้าufabet

What do you think?

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: Mario Family - GBC (sewing) can I customize it?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 01:14:42 pm »
I did have a cursory look the other month, likely not enough to answer your questions but might help someone else that would (though the turning vector art into gcode or the equivalent thereof, a process that would typically be called CAM or possible CAE, is not something I would expect to see a small novelty GB cart do)
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=26189.msg356710#msg356710