News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Re: Lunar Silver Star Harmony Complete UNDUB  (Read 4145 times)

metalbabblesword

• View Profile
Re: Lunar Silver Star Harmony Complete UNDUB
« on: August 23, 2018, 07:37:53 pm »
Regarding this hack:

Lunar Silver Star Harmony Complete UNDUB
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4060/

I discovered that the in-game text sometimes overflows the text area, making some of it unreadable (mainly on the right side of the screen).

Is it just me, or is it a problem with the patch?

Mad respects for the UNDUB.  I appreciate the subs in the japanese-launguage cut scenes.  And I'd much rather hear the original japanese voices than english, if i have to read the dialogue anyway.

I'm pretty sure I used the correct US ISO to patch.  I used the latest version of Xdelta.  I will try an older version of Xdelta to see if it makes any difference.

Wanted to find out if anyone else has the same problem, hence this topic!  (Don't know where else to contact the author, GoodTofuFriday.)

So, I hope this information reaches the author.

goodtofufriday

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 02:58:03 pm »
Glad you're liking the undub so far! Could you please submit a picture of what you see. I'm betting this is down to character size differences between the english and japanese text.

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 03:23:55 pm »
I assume you're playing using PPSSPP? This game uses some fonts from the PSP firmware. By default the emulator uses some replacement fonts due to legal reasons, but said replacements have different font metrics and this may lead to some spill-over. I've been bitten by this myself. This is easily solved by replacing the bundled PPSSPP fonts with a dump from a real PSP. Try getting a flash0 dump from somewhere. It should resolve the issue.

metalbabblesword

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 11:36:38 am »
I assume you're playing using PPSSPP? This game uses some fonts from the PSP firmware. By default the emulator uses some replacement fonts due to legal reasons, but said replacements have different font metrics and this may lead to some spill-over. I've been bitten by this myself. This is easily solved by replacing the bundled PPSSPP fonts with a dump from a real PSP. Try getting a flash0 dump from somewhere. It should resolve the issue.

Sorry it's been a while since my post, thanks for your response!

The font was indeed the problem.  It turns out this is a well known issue emulating Lunar Silver Star Harmony on PPSSPP.

After some digging, I was fortunately able to find a working font in this forum:

https://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6241&page=2

I replaced the PPSSPP fonts with those ones, and voila, problem solved!

Thanks a lot!