News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Final Fantasy IV - Ultima

Started by 8.bit.fan, August 17, 2018, 03:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintenja

Quote from: 8.bit.fan on September 25, 2022, 09:16:31 AMHi Nintenja!

That sounds great! If you could email that to me that'd be awesome! The team and I will take a look  :thumbsup:
This is something that's been discussed among us so any info would be very helpful!

Thanks again and cheers!! :beer:
8.bit.fanHi nanashi89!

The Infinite Arrows patch should be compatible. Feel free to try it out and let us know!

Cheers! :beer:
8.bit.fan

This gonna sound crazy but I've fully patched and I mean all optional patches this ultima hack like 9 different times lol..played all the way through once tho. I'm a fan. Obviously.
This is where someone merged a version of ultima with msu 1 back in July
https://www.zeldix.net/t2482-final-fantasy-iv-ultima


TheChristoph

I for one respect the tenacity for continuing to work on this project.

8.bit.fan

Quote from: Nintenja on September 25, 2022, 09:26:43 AMThis gonna sound crazy but I've fully patched and I mean all optional patches this ultima hack like 9 different times lol..played all the way through once tho. I'm a fan. Obviously.
This is where someone merged a version of ultima with msu 1 back in July
https://www.zeldix.net/t2482-final-fantasy-iv-ultima
Hi Nintenja!
Nice! Thanks for the link again! :)
Quote from: TheChristoph on September 25, 2022, 03:28:49 PMI for one respect the tenacity for continuing to work on this project.
Hi TheChristoph!
Thanks for the kind words! Hope you'll check out the hack and enjoy it! :thumbsup:

Cheers!!  :beer:
8.bit.fan
In the year of 200X, a super robot named Mega Man...
http://www.8bitfan.info/
FF4 Ultima Discord: https://discord.gg/4MqjwJt

CatSlobber

#284
Had a couple major bugs with 2022 v23 (I see v24 was released yesterday, but cannot test yet.)

I am/was using the Record Keeper sprites patch for characters (no alternates) as well as the monster upgrade patch. (I don't think I'll proceed with playing with either patch again since I found that I prefer the original graphics.)

First was using the Form option in the menu causes menu and character palettes to change with every button press. Not game breaking, but it looks weird.

Second was using Porom's Cry ability caused the game to crash hard with random graphics/text all over the screen and it looks like my saved game was deleted as a result. Perhaps a missing sprite for that ability?

I did ensure I was using a ROM that matched the listed hashes. Playing with bsnes-mercury-accurate via RetroArch.

lexluthermiester

Quote from: CatSlobber on October 06, 2022, 11:03:57 AMPlaying with bsnes-mercury-accurate via RetroArch.
Have you tried another emulator, such as SNES9X, just to be sure it wasn't an emulator glitch? Emulator glitches can and do happen from time to time.

Brutapode89

#286
Hi guys. If never you search the Pixel Remaster PCM pack for Final Fantasy IV MSU-1 even for hacks. It's in one of my videos ;)


Volcannon

When is the earliest that shops start to sell Mid-Potions?
It's Nerf or NOTHING!!!

8.bit.fan

Quote from: CatSlobber on October 06, 2022, 11:03:57 AMHad a couple major bugs with 2022 v23 (I see v24 was released yesterday, but cannot test yet.)

I am/was using the Record Keeper sprites patch for characters (no alternates) as well as the monster upgrade patch. (I don't think I'll proceed with playing with either patch again since I found that I prefer the original graphics.)

First was using the Form option in the menu causes menu and character palettes to change with every button press. Not game breaking, but it looks weird.

Second was using Porom's Cry ability caused the game to crash hard with random graphics/text all over the screen and it looks like my saved game was deleted as a result. Perhaps a missing sprite for that ability?

I did ensure I was using a ROM that matched the listed hashes. Playing with bsnes-mercury-accurate via RetroArch.
Hi CatSlobber!

There was an incompatibility issue between v23 and the Monster 4BPP upgrade patch. This was fixed in v24. Hope this helps!
Quote from: Brutapode89 on October 11, 2022, 09:02:42 PMHi guys. If never you search the Pixel Remaster PCM pack for Final Fantasy IV MSU-1 even for hacks. It's in one of my videos ;)


The Zeldix site not accept PCM packs made by banned members like me.
Hi Brutapode89!

That's great to hear! Will it work with FF4 Ultima?
Quote from: Volcannon on October 13, 2022, 05:09:02 AMWhen is the earliest that shops start to sell Mid-Potions?
Hi Volcannon!

I believe you can start buying Mid-Potions at the Dwarf Castle.

Cheers everyone!  :beer:  :thumbsup:

8.bit.fan
In the year of 200X, a super robot named Mega Man...
http://www.8bitfan.info/
FF4 Ultima Discord: https://discord.gg/4MqjwJt


Zetawilk

#290
Pardon me, but I'm having some difficulty applying the "Final Fantasy IV - Ultima v2022 - Alt PCecil Record Keeper Battle Sprites - Cosmic Cecil" patch. It doesn't seem to be taking. I'm using the Advanced SNES ROM Utility version 0.9.7. Final Fantasy II (USA) (1.1) (no header) has been patched successfully with v2022 rev24 of the Ultima patch. Somehow, I'm not seeing the "Cecil Rosa Alternate Record Keeper Sprites by T29.png" sprite of Paladin!Cecil. I was wondering if anybody was having a similar issue.

Huh. For some reason, the Alternate PCecil Record Keeper Battle Sprite Cosmic Cecil sprite is used by default in the Record Keeper Battle Sprites patch, and not in the Alternate PCecil Record Keeper Battle Sprite patch.

As for the MSU patch above, patching utilities will tell you the ff4u_msu patch (either one) is not compatible with the non-headered Final Fantasy IV Ultima v2022 rev24 rom. Perhaps it's just as well--the docx found in the version linked in the YouTube video (not the one in Brutapode89's link) doesn't mention the emulator of choice, RetroArch.

T92

Quote from: Zetawilk on October 14, 2022, 11:02:03 PMPardon me, but I'm having some difficulty applying the "Final Fantasy IV - Ultima v2022 - Alt PCecil Record Keeper Battle Sprites - Cosmic Cecil" patch. It doesn't seem to be taking. I'm using the Advanced SNES ROM Utility version 0.9.7. Final Fantasy II (USA) (1.1) (no header) has been patched successfully with v2022 rev24 of the Ultima patch. Somehow, I'm not seeing the "Cecil Rosa Alternate Record Keeper Sprites by T29.png" sprite of Paladin!Cecil. I was wondering if anybody was having a similar issue.

Huh. For some reason, the Alternate PCecil Record Keeper Battle Sprite Cosmic Cecil sprite is used by default in the Record Keeper Battle Sprites patch, and not in the Alternate PCecil Record Keeper Battle Sprite patch.

As for the MSU patch above, patching utilities will tell you the ff4u_msu patch (either one) is not compatible with the non-headered Final Fantasy IV Ultima v2022 rev24 rom. Perhaps it's just as well--the docx found in the version linked in the YouTube video (not the one in Brutapode89's link) doesn't mention the emulator of choice, RetroArch.
It's not an error of the patch, the image it's wrong, I forgot to switch the sprite of the .png preview included in the download.
The main patch has the normal Cecil (bluish hair) and the alt Cecil sprite has the Cosmic one (White hair).
I'll fix it along with the new version of the patch, sorry for the confusion, and thanks for reporting it.  :thumbsup:

Nintenja

#292
Quote from: Brutapode89 on October 13, 2022, 01:52:24 PMYeah. It works ;)

https://www.zeldix.net/t2482-final-fantasy-iv-ultima

Yeah i asked D2DEZEL to update his merged Final Fantasy 4 Ultima/MSU1 patch back on september 24 and he updated it to the newest version 24..
https://www.zeldix.net/t2482-final-fantasy-iv-ultima
Super awesome of him to do this. Thanks to D2DEZEL and the zeldix forums.

Volcannon

A couple of questions I needs answered if possible...

1. What does the lady in troia want in exchange the pass?

2.
Spoiler
How the heck does one get pass the fight against the Bard in the first wave?
[close]

P.S. - I'm not sure if this is revelant or not (probably the latter) but I have developed a very VERY strong dislike for the Black Hole/Eclipse combo. it is annoying as hell.
It's Nerf or NOTHING!!!

chillyfeez

Quote from: Volcannon on November 06, 2022, 10:48:57 PMA couple of questions I needs answered if possible...

1. What does the lady in troia want in exchange the pass?

2.
Spoiler
How the heck does one get pass the fight against the Bard in the first wave?
[close]

P.S. - I'm not sure if this is revelant or not (probably the latter) but I have developed a very VERY strong dislike for the Black Hole/Eclipse combo. it is annoying as hell.

1. Here's your hint: The woman in Troia enjoys dabbling in Ag-riculture.
... But if you're already tackling the Boss Rush you'll probably find the reward there underwhelming.

2. How did anyone ever win the fight against that enemy? Try using the same method.

(3) Believe it or not, I don't know much about the Black Hole/Eclipse combo. I'm the code guy and most straight gameplay stuff is 8-bit's area, and I've never actually played the entire game through. But I'm told that when a monster uses an attack that seems "cheap," it's using it as a reaction to something you did.
For more and probably better advice, feel free to join us on discord:https://discord.gg/PvKQBgY5yG
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

CatSlobber

Any update for when Cid will become playable? :)