News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Resident Evil: True Director's Cut  (Read 11595 times)

GManWillisX

• View Profile
Re: Resident Evil: True Director's Cut
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2021, 04:09:17 am »
Also,

Have you guys seen this?!  :o

https://youtu.be/qc3arBWZlXE

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!
It looks as if it was filmed recently!!

@Deli295 Maybe swap this one with the original??  :thumbsup:

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2021, 03:05:21 pm »
i think it would be best for deli295 to start with his original ideas and then expand his scope once that's done. too many requests like this often winds up with the original project author getting overwhelmed
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

GManWillisX

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2021, 04:19:30 pm »
i think it would be best for deli295 to start with his original ideas and then expand his scope once that's done. too many requests like this often winds up with the original project author getting overwhelmed

*nods in agreement and smirks*
I think my question to you vivify is...

Will GameShark codes works on this thing?! *mind blows*

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2021, 01:56:56 am »
I have an awesome suggestion for the next patch @Deli295?

So during the title screen movie, after Chris' cheesy scream and giant eye shot, RESIDENT EVIL comes into view, followed by a sort of bang sound that compliments the title before all goes quiet, right?

So there are two very different versions of that sound.
The lesser known one sounds way more badass, and menacing.

Compare these:

(PS1 Version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZp9m41o67A&t=13s

(PC Version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GgPDt1G8hw&t=36s

Can we please add the badass PC Version??? I've always wanted this on the PS! Lol
Unless there's a better original source, that 22Hz sound would be inferior to the original psx file sampling frequency (37.8Hz), according to a quick decompression i've made of the RE intro, minutes before writing this. At the end, you would have to recompress the video/audio to mix the new sound, which means losing overall quality for both elements. I could do it, but i'm not sure if that would be really worth it, unless made with an optional patch in mind and within the scope of interest from the project leader.

Also,

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

You would be ditching 45 FPS to go to 15 in order to get the highest quality possible out of that video, negating the interpolation process already made to it (which caused motion smearing on some parts), or at least 30 FPS to maintain smooth video at the expense of bitrate, which means, again, lower quality image.

The PC port could benefit from such video upgrades as 60 FPS video and a better video resolution like 480p, but a PS1 console, definitely not.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 02:03:24 am by niuus »

Deli295

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2021, 07:51:50 am »
Also,

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

PS1's max framerate for an STR video is 30fps, so that's a no. As for the PC sound, yeah it sounds kinda bad-ass I guess, and it's something I can easily add, but I can't consider that a priority right now, especially considering that the PC version has a noticeable worse audio quality overall.

GManWillisX

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2021, 07:57:20 am »
PS1's max framerate for an STR video is 30fps, so that's a no. As for the PC sound, yeah it sounds kinda bad-ass I guess, and it's something I can easily add, but I can't consider that a priority right now, especially considering that the PC version has a noticeable worse audio quality overall.

*salutes in slow motion*

In time... in time.  :beer:

Haha until then, have a great week man!
The work you did here so far is spectacular.
Waaaaaay better than the Ultimate Director's Cut already! <3

Ness

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2021, 02:42:22 pm »
If along the way you do end up restoring some of the scenes from the proto versions such as the zombie coming down the stairs from the Trial version, you may be interested in this one as well:

https://tcrf.net/Proto:Resident_Evil_(PlayStation)/January_31,_1996_(Sample_Ver._01/31)#Unused_zombie_scene

Deli295

• View Profile
Re: Resident Evil: True Director\'s Cut
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2021, 10:11:25 am »
If along the way you do end up restoring some of the scenes from the proto versions such as the zombie coming down the stairs from the Trial version, you may be interested in this one as well:

https://tcrf.net/Proto:Resident_Evil_(PlayStation)/January_31,_1996_(Sample_Ver._01/31)#Unused_zombie_scene

That's an interesting one. I think it's similar to the Arrange mode scenes in some of the rooms. I just wish I could teleport to any room as in the beta, it would make this much faster.
On another note, I've fixed the Blood text on the wall room issue, it works on Mednafen, and I'm pretty sure it should work on original hardware too. I'll see if I make new additions and make a v0.4 or if I just release it as a v0.3.5.

April 16, 2021, 10:11:57 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
*salutes in slow motion*

In time... in time.  :beer:

Haha until then, have a great week man!
The work you did here so far is spectacular.
Waaaaaay better than the Ultimate Director's Cut already! <3
Thanks for the good vibes, I'm glad you liked it.

sorrow

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2021, 12:18:37 pm »
That's an interesting one. I think it's similar to the Arrange mode scenes in some of the rooms. I just wish I could teleport to any room as in the beta, it would make this much faster.
On another note, I've fixed the Blood text on the wall room issue, it works on Mednafen, and I'm pretty sure it should work on original hardware too. I'll see if I make new additions and make a v0.4 or if I just release it as a v0.3.5.

April 16, 2021, 10:11:57 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Thanks for the good vibes, I'm glad you liked it.

Hey Deli295!  Quick dumb question, but your update patches would still specify whether it is the Original OST vs the Arranged DC OST?

I’m an Original fan, so I just want to make sure whenever I update I’m getting the goods, lol.

PoopDeck

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2021, 02:03:40 pm »
Burned a copy and tested on a real PAL SCPH-7502 with a modchip. The room with the blood text is working fine.

Thanks!

Deli295

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2021, 02:36:24 pm »
Hey Deli295!  Quick dumb question, but your update patches would still specify whether it is the Original OST vs the Arranged DC OST?

I’m an Original fan, so I just want to make sure whenever I update I’m getting the goods, lol.

Yes, I try to release both versions simultaneously every time I make a new update. The version that says "(DualShock OST)" has the arranged BGM, the one that doesn't say anything is the one with the original OST.

Ness

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2021, 05:34:40 am »

Oh wow, correction but this scene actually exists in the final version. It's just really obscure and very unlikely to be triggered, but here it is recorded in Japanese version 1.0:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kc5C6bSx_M

Notice how at the end of the video I check the corridor and the zombie I had left there is nowhere to be found.

NYI

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2021, 11:29:28 am »
Oh wow, correction but this scene actually exists in the final version. It's just really obscure and very unlikely to be triggered, but here it is recorded in Japanese version 1.0:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kc5C6bSx_M

Notice how at the end of the video I check the corridor and the zombie I had left there is nowhere to be found.

Wait really? I get this one all the time. I typically head by this room after I've retrieved the crest from Yawn. When I go to use that door to head into the lighter room, that zombie scene occurs. What I haven't tested is whether this will occur if you've cleared all the zombies out of the hallway outside. It may be that the only trigger is that at least one of the zombies in that hallway needs to be alive before you enter.

Junkyard_Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2021, 04:47:08 pm »
I appreciate you answering my questions from before. I am glad to see you have a focused task that I hope does not stray from its original goal. Would you please add any known bugs to the readme text file? Thanks!

PoopDeck

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2021, 09:27:27 pm »
Just an Little update from me to say I also got this working on a ps2 using the latest POPStarter from
https://bitbucket.org/ShaolinAssassin/popstarter-documentation-stuff/wiki/compatibility
I played off the internal HDD using browser 2.0 But it needed compatibility patch 0×01 from the wiki to fix the audio issues (the original unpatched RE1 didn't need the patch)

Hope this might help someone who is trying to run it off a ps2 also.

MeganGrass

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2021, 12:34:52 pm »
Looking good :beer:

Deli295

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2021, 12:38:55 pm »
I appreciate you answering my questions from before. I am glad to see you have a focused task that I hope does not stray from its original goal. Would you please add any known bugs to the readme text file? Thanks!

You're welcome. There was a bug where the game would get stuck on original hardware or Interpreter Emulation, but it's been fixed now. So, as far as I know, there aren't any bugs.

April 24, 2021, 12:41:14 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Looking good :beer:

Thanks for the kind words, Megan! And thank you for helping me with your tools and knowledge as well ;).

lilpuddy31

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2021, 10:38:18 pm »

Deli295

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2021, 05:27:12 pm »
Looks like your hack is making headlines at Kotaku...

https://kotaku.com/resident-evil-fan-patches-original-game-with-content-mi-1846808502

Thanks for sharing that, I didn't see it before.