News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Need help with MegaManX4 Sprites ( Newbie)  (Read 1172 times)

DarkAviv

• View Profile
Need help with MegaManX4 Sprites ( Newbie)
« on: July 29, 2018, 04:09:29 am »
Well,  I've been getting started with MMX4 sprites editing (on PC)and after some researches I found out that some users used  VRAM viewer to dump the RAM. The problems are I don't know where to start and understand the Decompression Routine (from a post by DarkSamus993 ).So please anyone can help me get into the detail of editing sprites
-DarkSamus993's post : http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=21330.0

DarkSamus993

• View Profile
Re: Need help with MegaManX4 Sprites ( Newbie)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 05:34:01 pm »
Which PC port of MMX4, the old one or the newly released X Legacy Collection? I'm assuming you mean the old one, but it's worth noting that the collections don't compress the player or player weapon graphics. You can use ARCTool and DDDA Tool to unpack and pack the arc files.

The old PC port keeps everything pretty much the same as the PS1 release, the noteable changes being they converted the sounds to WAV and the videos to AVI. So this means that the only sprites that are compressed are of the player and player weapons.

Now of course back when I wrote that tool (the first program I every wrote btw), my only goal was to be able to view and rip the sprites, not to actually modify them and inject them back into the game. As such, it still lacks the ability to re-compress the sprites.

----------------------------------------

Now then, before I go any further with any explanations, what specifically do you want to edit or replace? You mentioned sprites, so which ones, and what are you wanting to do with them (change graphics, the colors, or both)?

DarkAviv

• View Profile
Re: Need help with MegaManX4 Sprites ( Newbie)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 10:57:19 am »
I want to change graphics and the colors for both X, Zero sprites ( mostly the colors )
Thank you for helping

July 30, 2018, 11:21:12 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Oh and I did use DDDA Tool to unpack but the result are:
-PL01.ARC.txt( 0KB)
-log.txt said: No platform was defined. Going with default: xbox.
               RE6 tex format selected.
               Error: Couldn't determine ARC type!

Something wrong ???
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 11:21:12 pm by DarkAviv »