News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: MegaMan Battle Network: Operate Star Force crashed in DeSmuME  (Read 816 times)

bradzx

• View Profile
Man, I deeply love this game and I didn't know it actually came out on Feb this year. So badass. Too bad GBA version can't do that. At least they have MMBN6 hack. Anyway enough sidetrack about that. I am using this emulator by WinDSPRO. Version is 0.9.12. They added up with this. Git#c128460 x64-JIT SSE2. This emulator work perfectly fine until I found hidden subway and after Mayl watching Lan gone, emulator crashed and shut it down by itself. I tried again and happen again. So how can I fix this emulator? It work perfectly fine so far until found hidden subway.

PS: I tried regular DeSmuME 0.9.11, same result but crashed and hanging black screen.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

thr

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: MegaMan Battle Network: Operate Star Force crashed in DeSmuME
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 08:39:24 am »
post a bug report on DeSmuME tracker.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 03:40:29 pm »
http://forums.therockmanexezone.com/topic/10030816/1/

Note: A late-game crash occurs when trying to enter the Secret Station in No$gba and DeSmuME with external BIOS images disabled. As a temporary workaround, you can use the following Action Replay DS code:

Code: [Select]

::Fix Secret Station emulator crash
    521A7380 797968BF
    121A737E 00007969
    021A7380 DA04290D
    D2000000 00000000

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 12:12:47 am »
DS seems to have several "BIOS". Does that mean the ARM Bin files or the OS firmware or both?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 05:50:21 am »
Offhand I am not sure what it functionally plays out like on the DS itself as far as chips and whatever else but as far as most are concerned there is a BIOS for the ARM9 processor, one for the ARM7 (they have different calls and some functions may not be available for one or the other http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm#biosfunctions ) and there is also a firmware file which games can technically reference (for language, favourite colours, birthdays, names...).

Most emulators did away with needing any of this (firmware wise giving people options to set their own stuff*), but people can still provide them if they want.

*some of the lesser emulators and flash carts will force things, usually then meaning someone else has to come back with a cheat (typically just to alter the place where the relevant firmware options are dumped into memory rather than anything in the binaries) to force things back another way.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 01:18:04 pm »
I haven't looked into what games need you to provide the BIOS and firmware files.

Wouldn't be surprised if a few minor pieces of the DS aren't yet emulated correctly.
iQue DS has a pointless region lock (very easy to patch ROMs to skip it). Games don't seem to actually use the different firmware language settings that Chinese or Korean systems have, but they're there.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:39:19 pm by tc »