News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help extracting text from Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective  (Read 736 times)

PanRysownik

• View Profile
Help extracting text from Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
« on: July 04, 2018, 12:54:16 am »
I haven't found anyone really talking about this game in terms of translations, probably since it wasn't a very popular release to begin with and because the English translation was great.

What I want to do is translate it to Polish. I have some experience translating smaller PC games, but this would be my first DS project. I dabbed a bit in translation back when Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire came out in Japanese, but nothing big. Would anyone be willing to help me a bit with text extraction from the English release of the Ghost Trick game, or at least point me in the right direction? I understand I'd need to prepare some tables for the game, and then add characters specific to my language (żźćńłóąę) and make the text boxes longer/shorter.

I do have a rough idea on how to go with the whole translation, I did some notes, so if I could at the very least get a bit of help starting out, it'd be amazing to release such a title for people in my country.