News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Super Mario Bros. All Stars NES Edition

Started by Doodle_Dangernoodle, June 12, 2018, 04:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle_Dangernoodle

I have been working on a hack that makes Super Mario Bros look much better and like the SNES version. I used several hacks as inspiration, such as sprites. Here are some screenshots:

DavidtheIdeaMan

Holy crap,that is awesome,now THIS is a remastered Super Mario Bros. mod,plus have you givin' up on The Terminator mod?

Doodle_Dangernoodle

Thanks! And nah, I've just put it on the backburner.

DavidtheIdeaMan

No prob!

Ah I see,well Im glad to hear that,I hope you pick it back up after you are done with this amazing remaster mod.

togemet2

Wow! Super impressed.

Are they just mock-ups or the real deal?

Doodle_Dangernoodle

roney33 I tried to stay as accurate as possible to the SNES version. Those sprites don't really fit.

June 13, 2018, 08:21:13 AM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

togemet2 : They are real.

June 13, 2018, 10:46:59 AM - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Eden.GT

Will you be using an animated SMB sprite patch for this? It exists if you didn't know about it.
Is the pool clean?

Doodle_Dangernoodle

NES Boy

Doodle_Dangernoodle

NES Boy : I might, if I can get someone to compose them in Famitracker.

Eden.GT

Is the pool clean?

RealGaea

Can you expand the ROM so you can include Luigi sprites?

sics

I really liked your work, I pass this graphics you draw, I do not think they will serve you, but there you can rescue something ;) Good luck!

Linktree  | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

DavidtheIdeaMan

Hot damn,look at those beautiful sprites,dang Sics you are REALLY good at it,Im impressed,this'll help Pasthor alot! :D

Sephirous

Quote from: NES Boy on June 16, 2018, 04:43:14 AM
Are you going to put these songs into the game?

YES! Please!

I have been dying for that to happen for years!
Bowser needs a boss theme. The original was simple and expected for the time but absolutely if all possible this would be so awesome.  :crazy:

Doodle_Dangernoodle

Sics : Your sprites are incredible! But the object of my hack is to make Super Mario Bros look as much like the SNES version as possible.

RealGaea : I wouldn't know how to do that. But I could I would.

Sephirous : I would need a bigger rom and someone to compose it in Famitracker.

sics

No problem is more than understandable :thumbsup:
Linktree  | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

RealGaea

Quote from: PasthorRothers on June 23, 2018, 09:49:49 AM
RealGaea : I wouldn't know how to do that. But I could I would.

Ok, no problem. Keep this up! I'm still learning myself. So one day, we'll have even a SMB3 with Luigi sprites.

I'll PM you for the demo and a couple of things more.