News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v15)  (Read 31619 times)

facauan

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v15)
« Reply #240 on: October 01, 2018, 12:34:04 pm »
Hi, I got it. Can you fix the blocking of how much you use zero in the intro stage? The code to do this is 300CCF08 001 only it always hangs after high max exits the screen

Cupshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 08, 2018, 09:35:51 am »
I think the code that allows you to play as zero is 300CCF08 0001

I usually try Epsxe and it didn't give me some problem after High Max Leave. Except the glitched textbox

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2018, 10:30:42 pm »
I've just tried the patcher, but when I deselect Falcon Armor from the new game section, X still starts the game in it, and it's still selectable in the stage select. Am I missing the intent of that setting, or am I doing something wrong? I hated how in X5 and X6 X starts with the previous armor.

If that's not what that option is intended for, then I apologize. I also noticed in the changelog that there was a bug that prevented that option from disabling the Falcon Armor that was fixed in v15, but I have v15.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 21, 2018, 05:31:23 pm »
I've just tried the patcher, but when I deselect Falcon Armor from the new game section, X still starts the game in it, and it's still selectable in the stage select. Am I missing the intent of that setting, or am I doing something wrong? I hated how in X5 and X6 X starts with the previous armor.

If that's not what that option is intended for, then I apologize. I also noticed in the changelog that there was a bug that prevented that option from disabling the Falcon Armor that was fixed in v15, but I have v15.
The code should only affect the stage select screen. It was working ok at some point but probably something slipped in the last version and I didn't notice.
As for the intro stage, back when I wrote that option I didn't know how to change the armor used at the intro, but now I do, so I'll try implementing starting with base X when Falcon Armor is patched out.

Thanks for letting me know. Even though I'm not working on game hacks at the moment (and probably won't for at least another couple of months) I am paying attention to suggestions and bugs and I'm keeping a list of things to fix/try next time  :)

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 21, 2018, 06:44:45 pm »
Having the option to start as unarmored X and still keep the Falcon armor should be an option too.

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 22, 2018, 12:36:07 am »
The code should only affect the stage select screen. It was working ok at some point but probably something slipped in the last version and I didn't notice.
As for the intro stage, back when I wrote that option I didn't know how to change the armor used at the intro, but now I do, so I'll try implementing starting with base X when Falcon Armor is patched out.

Thanks for letting me know. Even though I'm not working on game hacks at the moment (and probably won't for at least another couple of months) I am paying attention to suggestions and bugs and I'm keeping a list of things to fix/try next time  :)
Awesome, I really appreciate all of the work you've put in here!  :beer:

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 30, 2018, 10:00:03 pm »
(I'm not sure how interesting this might be or not for most people, I'm just messing around at this point.)

I've been trying a few things on and off and ended up figuring out how to tweak some animations further.

For example, here's X's saber in the original game.

Here's the "speed up" I've done until now: the whole "attack" part of the animation goes on for less frames to make up for the delays at the start and at the end of the animation

This is what I'm doing now: the attack part of the animation is exactly the same of the original game, but the delays at the start and at the end of the animation are shortened.

This was pure trial an error until I realized the way the game stores the animation data allows you to very easily control each sprite's number of frames of duration, or cut parts of the animation entirely.

Here's another example:

Zero's combo in the original game. The "putting the sword down" part of the animation is about twice as long as it was in X4/X5, so it's a lot slower to attack standing still.

And here's that part of the animation shortened to better match the duration it had in past games. It's actually not that much when looking at it, but makes a big difference while playing

And, as I said, you can just cut that part of the animation entirely, making Zero even more op than he already is in this game  :P

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:25:50 pm by acediez »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2018, 06:24:39 am »
That's really cool

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2018, 02:02:01 pm »
Hm, the shortened animations seem very interesting.

mevipro123456

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 03, 2018, 12:08:57 pm »
Hi. I'm new here and I'm very exited about this patch, but I don't understand the Cheat code 2. It's said make Zero available at the start but when I enter the Intro stage it still show Falcon X. Is this a bug or I misunderstood it?

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 05, 2018, 12:46:31 pm »
Did you actually enter the cheat code?
If you did, Zero should be selectable after the intro stage.

(As mentioned above, Zero can be made available in the intro stage but it causes the game to freeze at the end after the High Max sequence)