News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X6 Tweaks (v2.4)  (Read 138253 times)

acediez

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v09)
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2018, 08:00:14 pm »
This is a very big tool, I have seen the sources for autohotkey and is very hard to maintain, I don't know how can I help you acediez.
No worries. I appreciate the interest in helping, but I didn't really expect any kind of help in the first place. If anything, I'm already grateful for the hacks contributions you've made so far. This is just something I'm doing for fun while taking a break (from other personal projects not related to videogames), I'm not even a programmer or aspire to do any other romhacking projects, this was made the only way I knew how to, and has only gotten this big because of the continued interest people have shown so far.

I wouldn't worry about maintaining it in its current state, because after fixing the remaining issues, there's not really much else I'd like to do with it. Probably a couple more smaller tweaks here and there, but the things I set out to do initially are done since v1. So whether you make the rewrite you mentioned or not, that only up to you.

As for leaving something other people can use to build on top of it, I think the important part are the hacks themselves being well documented, that's why i'm maintaining the spreadsheet.

July 27, 2018, 01:39:18 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
New bug found, after modifying Blade Armor's damage(all options) and adding the Air Dash after Dash jump & Air Dash for X/Shadow, High Max(Gate Lab 2) no longer takes damage from charged shadow buster until he removes his invulnerability to normal attacks. The charged shadow buster deals damage normally to everything else but, High Max

Man, GOOD CATCH! That was a very specific bug. I was using a register that seemed available whenever I tested it, but it turns out it's being used in this particular fight! It may be the only case it's being used on, and could be directly related to how the game sets High Max's invincibility to certain attacks. I haven't looked into it yet, but if that's the case, this was a very fortunate bug to find!

All bugs mentioned so far have been fixed. Let me know if anything else comes up.

v10
- (Fixed) A rewrite in the Events/Souls option caused a game-breaking bug which affected Zero's saber.
- (Fixed) Wrong sound effects when using Blade Armor Mach Dash/Minimum Delay
- (Fixed) Damage Bonus/Blade Armor broke High Max's vulnerability to weapons, making him unbeatable
- (Fixed) Unlimited Air Moves related options are now listed and described correctly.
- (Fixed) Hyper Dash speed controls were not working.
- Minor naming and notes modifications
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:12:57 pm by acediez »

AxlRocks

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v10)
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2018, 11:06:20 am »
I completed a playthrough last night with v08. The amount of improvement is outstanding. Despite the level design issues and stuff, just a few tweaks make this game 100x better. Thanks to everyone who has contributed!

I have a request, hopefully it hasn't been posted already and I missed it: Can the Blade and Falcon Armors have their "Double Tap Jump to Air Dash" "feature" removed? And maybe the Shadow Armor too, if you enable air dashes in the tweaker, but I'm just assuming it's the same way since I have to repatch with the new version to try it yet.

I always hated this in X6. It makes sense with the Fourth/Falcon(X5)/Ultimate armors that it enables a hover or flight mode, but if I want to actually dash, I'll press the button assigned to it. It's too easy to incorrectly trigger a dash this way.

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2018, 12:48:20 pm »
Tested v10 with ePSXe 205. Beat the 8 main stages.
So far I only have the infinite loop of 'Nightmare Origin' scene. The rest should be fine.
Anyway, I set the 'Nightmare Origin' scene value to 1800.
Once you reach 1800 souls, if you clear a stage, it will happen but not if you exit the stage.
This will keep on occurring until Gate Lab 1 is enable.

I hope "Gate Revealed" scene doesn't have the similar problem coz I didn't change it. Default at 3000.
However, I'm certain they were both free from Zero saber bug as I did try once by setting it at 2500.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2018, 01:05:51 pm »
Tested v10 with ePSXe 205. Beat the 8 main stages.
So far I only have the infinite loop of 'Nightmare Origin' scene. The rest should be fine.
Anyway, I set the 'Nightmare Origin' scene value to 1800.
Once you reach 1800 souls, if you clear a stage, it will happen but not if you exit the stage.
This will keep on occurring until Gate Lab 1 is enable.

I hope "Gate Revealed" scene doesn't have the similar problem coz I didn't change it. Default at 3000.
However, I'm certain they were both free from Zero saber bug as I did try once by setting it at 2500.

I took a quick look at my notes and already spotted why that problem crept back in, it's a quick fix, I'll do it when I get back home

Changing Gate's event shouldn't affect anything else as it doesn't modify any instructions, just the souls value. It's only the first one that needed a rather complicated set of modifications to make it independant of the second souls event.

Thanks for testing it throughly again so soon, I'm glad everything else is working ok so far

July 27, 2018, 01:07:46 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I completed a playthrough last night with v08. The amount of improvement is outstanding. Despite the level design issues and stuff, just a few tweaks make this game 100x better. Thanks to everyone who has contributed!

I have a request, hopefully it hasn't been posted already and I missed it: Can the Blade and Falcon Armors have their "Double Tap Jump to Air Dash" "feature" removed? And maybe the Shadow Armor too, if you enable air dashes in the tweaker, but I'm just assuming it's the same way since I have to repatch with the new version to try it yet.

I always hated this in X6. It makes sense with the Fourth/Falcon(X5)/Ultimate armors that it enables a hover or flight mode, but if I want to actually dash, I'll press the button assigned to it. It's too easy to incorrectly trigger a dash this way.

Thanks for you comments! I'm glad you've enjoyed the hacks so far

Removing the double tap has been suggested before but I haven't gotten around tackling it yet.

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2018, 08:39:55 pm »
Edited.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2018, 08:45:00 pm »
Acediez, mind if I ask when will we see a ready patch to take over v05?
As soon as I fix one remaining issue with the current version of the patcher (and anything else ithst may come up). I consider the current set of features to be quite a milestone, some of them will definitely be part of the base patch.

Edit: It's fixed now. I'm gonna do some extra testing before updating, but the next version with the patcher will be up soon. Updated base patch and spreadsheet will soon follow.

Edit, again: I also managed to squeeze in a few new options

v11
- (Fixed) "Nightmare's Origin" souls code had been broken on the last few version, making it play more than once.
- (New) "Allow Air Moves after Dash Jump" (now separate for the general "Unlimited Air Moves" option)
- (New) Make Nightmare Soul Orbs always regenerate.
- (New) Make Nightmare Soul Orbs stay as orbs, so they don't regenerate back into an enemy
- (New) Reaching Rank UH unlocks Ultimate Armor/Black Zero
- Additional notes

I attempted disabling the double tap for dashing, but so far I've only managed to disable it for the ground dash.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 08:22:20 am by acediez »

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2018, 11:05:53 am »
Tested v11 (Fixed) and (New) features.
Still got one bug.
Reaching Rank UH unlocks Ultimate Armor will cause one reploid name Dungar from Central Museum being not rescued.
Has the Japanese words bug.

Also, I try Gameshark using the 'Infinite Float Up' code on Falcon.
Notice if we use air dash, Falcon will dash diagonal up.
Meaning Falcon can never have 8 directions air dash. The most is only 6 directions even if custom made.
I have a suggestion, if you can trace the value for Falcon air dash using the jump button, why not make it dash diagonal up like Megaman 7 super adapter?
Then, Falcon is possible to reach certain high place even if without jumper part.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2018, 03:42:49 pm »
Tested v11 (Fixed) and (New) features.
Still got one bug.
Reaching Rank UH unlocks Ultimate Armor will cause one reploid name Dungar from Central Museum being not rescued.
Has the Japanese words bug.

I can't reproduce this bug by activating the Rank UH unlocks option alone.

Can you reproduce it? If so, could you also list other options you were using together with it?
(You're testing from a new game with no older save states, right?)

Also, I try Gameshark using the 'Infinite Float Up' code on Falcon.
Notice if we use air dash, Falcon will dash diagonal up.
Meaning Falcon can never have 8 directions air dash. The most is only 6 directions even if custom made.
I have a suggestion, if you can trace the value for Falcon air dash using the jump button, why not make it dash diagonal up like Megaman 7 super adapter?
Then, Falcon is possible to reach certain high place even if without jumper part.

Even if you can already make the effect with a gameshark code, implementing it as you describe it would be quite a task. To make the jump button do something different than the dash button would require quite a bit of custom code, I'm not sure I'd be able to do it at this point.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:10:03 pm by acediez »

Lumiere

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2018, 08:00:20 pm »
Accediez, am I right to assume that the values for jump, dash, & Air Dash for X,Falcon & Ultimate are the same. As the Falcon Armor in X5 was originally for mobility, is it possible to increase the jump height for the Falcon Armor only?

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2018, 10:18:22 pm »
Well, I'm not using save state but I used save file.
All my 8 slots of save have at least the effect of gameshark 'Temporary UH for X and Zero' included.
Meaning even if X or Zero is rank D, for one round, they can have rank UH.
That's when the problem came up.
Using patcher v11, when I load my save file, there will be bug on rescued list on Dungar from Central Museum.
That is if I activate 'Reaching Rank UH unlocks Ultimate Armor' feature.
However, if I play as a new game, it seems like no bug.
So far, all the features on the tweak patcher has not done anything to the save file.
If I play vanilla, loading the save file will carry the game as usual.
If I play the tweaked iso, the loaded save file will have the tweaked features included.
My gameshark 'Temporary UH for X and Zero' are somehow affecting v11 'Reaching Rank UH unlocks Ultimate Armor' feature if you save and load it again.
Meaning you won't be able to detect the bug unless you save and load the game once you reach UH.

This is my gameshark value:
#Temporary (HU Ranking) X & Zero
300CCF5D 0000
300CCF5E 0000

July 29, 2018, 10:22:21 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
What I mean is even without using my gameshark, I suspect once you reach UH and save it, the bug will occur when you load the game.

KaosuReido

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2018, 06:26:09 am »
Well, I'm not using save state but I used save file.
All my 8 slots of save have at least the effect of gameshark 'Temporary UH for X and Zero' included.
Meaning even if X or Zero is rank D, for one round, they can have rank UH.
That's when the problem came up.
Using patcher v11, when I load my save file, there will be bug on rescued list on Dungar from Central Museum.
That is if I activate 'Reaching Rank UH unlocks Ultimate Armor' feature.
However, if I play as a new game, it seems like no bug.
So far, all the features on the tweak patcher has not done anything to the save file.
If I play vanilla, loading the save file will carry the game as usual.
If I play the tweaked iso, the loaded save file will have the tweaked features included.
My gameshark 'Temporary UH for X and Zero' are somehow affecting v11 'Reaching Rank UH unlocks Ultimate Armor' feature if you save and load it again.
Meaning you won't be able to detect the bug unless you save and load the game once you reach UH.

This is my gameshark value:
#Temporary (HU Ranking) X & Zero
300CCF5D 0000
300CCF5E 0000

July 29, 2018, 10:22:21 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
What I mean is even without using my gameshark, I suspect once you reach UH and save it, the bug will occur when you load the game.

Wouldn't it be easiest to test this by just... creating an ISO where it only takes like 10 souls or something to reach UH, instead of using a Gameshark code?

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2018, 07:05:10 am »
KaosuReido,
Thanks. That's one of the way.
You can also just select X's rank to UH too.
I just ran out of time to test it. Need to work.
Due to our different country, I think our time zone is about 9 to 12 hours different.
Right now should be morning for acediez while night for me.
Anyway, finally tested it.
Yup, the bug is there. You need to save the game first and load it.

July 30, 2018, 07:35:45 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also, there is some similar bug for 'Reaching Rank UH unlocks Black Zero'.
I miss out this one coz I didn't have Black Zero in my save slots.
It automatically rescued the reploid name Chop from Central Museum.
You have to save first and load it to detect the bug.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:35:45 am by injoon84 »

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2018, 08:21:45 am »
Thanks injoon84, it was pretty clear with you previous post. This is happening when loading a saved game, regardless of current Rank or Souls. It'll happen even when loading a saved file from right after the intro stage.

The reason is that the same code used at the tail end of the Mission Report is also used when loading a saved game, and I didn't realize this when I wrote it, so I did it in a way it would work ok on Mission Report but not when loading a saved game

I've now updated it to work on all cases. So thanks again injoon84 for your testing, I did test this previous version throughly but didn't occur to me to check the injured reploids section.

v12
- (Fixed) The new "Rank UH unlocks Ultimate Armor/Black Zero" option would cause a rescued Reploid to glitch out when loading a saved game.

That's it for now. I hope everything is working fine now so I can make a new base patch out of this  :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:46:37 pm by acediez »

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2018, 09:37:50 am »
I guess there won't be any bug left for v12 on ePSXe 205.
Hopefully the rest of them will provide the same answer.

July 30, 2018, 09:41:55 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
By the way, was Mega Man X5 Improvement Project [PSX] forum always have dark highlight and a lock?

DarkSamus993

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 30, 2018, 01:17:40 pm »
By the way, was Mega Man X5 Improvement Project [PSX] forum always have dark highlight and a lock?
It got political so to speak, so it's been put under a temporary lock. It'll be back eventually...

Z3R0X

• My name's not shane, kid.
    • View Profile
    • My YT channel with mini tools.
« Reply #195 on: July 30, 2018, 04:43:16 pm »
It got political so to speak, so it's been put under a temporary lock. It'll be back eventually...
The user that starts that should be suspended for a while, not your thread...
@ace
Are you still using the same SLUS offset for the custom routines or you run out of space?

acediez

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v12)
« Reply #196 on: August 01, 2018, 12:12:47 am »
(Was about to share a v13, but found something I need to take care of at the last minute  :P)

Btw, to keep a better control of links posted, from now on the latest download link will always be on the first post

z3r0x yes, I've saved a lot of space by optimizing my older stuff that was longer than it needed to be, so I haven't had the need to look elsewhere yet
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 03:40:15 pm by acediez »

Z3R0X

• My name's not shane, kid.
    • View Profile
    • My YT channel with mini tools.
« Reply #197 on: August 01, 2018, 08:20:16 am »
(Was about to share a v13, but found something I need to take care of at the last minute  :P)

Btw, to keep a better control of links posted, from now on the latest download link will always be on the first post

z3r0x yes, I've saved a lot of space by optimizing my older stuff than it needed to be, so I haven't had the need to look elsewhere yet
Good going, this goes to the version infinity+!  :woot!:
I'm still investigating the fancy way to load custom data to RAM without worrying about allocated space being overwritten, I have a source code for old school trainer programed by a very talented group (Paradox) this is new territory for me :banghead:
But I want to learn form the pros! ;D

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 01, 2018, 06:44:34 pm »
Ok, here it is

v13
- (New) Unlockables: Cheat Code 1 can be used to unlock both Ultimate Armor and Black Armor, freeing up the second code for...
- (New) Unlockables: Cheat Code 2 can be used to start the game with Zero available. Conditions for related events and dialogues were modified.
- (New) Unlockables: Allow to use both cheat codes together.
- Lots of code housekeeping, some of the first stuff I wrote was a lot longer than they needed to be. Hopefully I didn't break anything.

This had been bothering me for awhile. Since I already went through the trouble of making changes related to Zero being available from the start (allowing him to fight Nightmare Zero, conditions for this dialogues and events to appear, etc.), it was a shame that the only way to have access to that was by hardcoding it into its own bin through the New Game status options.
This seemed like a good solution, and seems to works very well (so far on my own testing, at least)

As I said, the links are now available in the first post. The patcher is now compiled 32bits for better compatibility.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 01:31:34 am by acediez »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v13)
« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2018, 09:55:05 am »
Awesome work, you've made MegaMan X great again.