News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X6 Tweaks (v2.4)  (Read 136518 times)

Lumiere

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v06)
« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2018, 11:32:15 am »
As we all know, Gate's Lab 2 post High Max requires parts and really good timing for Unarmored X/Shadow. Does the game check if it's X/Zero or does it check armor by armor? I don't know if it's possible but, I thought that having the Shadow armor go through Zero's version of the stage might be better than X's version.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2018, 11:57:37 am »
we need to standardize were the routines will be stores on the PS-EXE

I'd rather not change addresses for the stuff that's already on the patcher, as long as they're working correctly. I haven't used any of the SDK addresses you're using, so we're unlikely to have any clashes.
However it would be helpful if you let me know which offset/size you've already taken, and which offset/size would you be able to set aside for my modifications (in case there's any need to move then, or if you decide to move them regardless on your own version of the patcher)

As for the addresses I've used, as you noted the block I'm using (and have completely filled) starts at $1D9965B8 (loaded at $800769A0), and it's used up to where the next sector with game data starts (don't have access to the bin at the moment to see the exact address, but it's pretty visible).
Besides this block, there are a couple of small places I've used for newer options here and there, and I've also shortened and cleaned up quite a bit of the older optiond since the last version, so If you need to check any of it, it's better if you wait a bit until I publish the next version and update the spreadsheet.

July 25, 2018, 12:00:26 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
As we all know, Gate's Lab 2 post High Max requires parts and really good timing for Unarmored X/Shadow. Does the game check if it's X/Zero or does it check armor by armor? I don't know if it's possible but, I thought that having the Shadow armor go through Zero's version of the stage might be better than X's version.

I didn't realize Gate's Lab 2 was different for X/Zero, can you confirm this?

If so, what you're suggesting is pretty doable. The game has a byte that registers if you're either X or Zero, as well as a bit that registers each individual "armor" separately.

If it's indeed just reading the former, it would be pretty easy to change it to the later and change which values are expected.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:06:15 pm by acediez »

Lumiere

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2018, 03:30:51 pm »
There are two versions of Gate's Lab 2, they differ after defeating High Max. X gets a section that features terrain similar to Yammark's hidden stage that requires parts to pass if you're playing unarmored x/shadow armor. Zero gets a different stage featuring the return of the compacter from metal shark player's stage. I'm more familiar with X's version due to the Shadow Armor's advantage against High Max.
If it can be changed, the main game(not hidden stages) can be cleared with unarmored x without parts which is a major complaint from some fans.

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2018, 03:39:50 pm »
I can vouch. X's section has level design similar to the hidden stages like Yammark or leading to Metal Shark Prayer's combined with Rainy Turtloid's stage mechanics, while Zero's has the compactor.

BTW, has anyone ever used Shadow Armor X's/Zero's Up & X move & got crushed even while above a spot where you can duck? Just curious.

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2018, 10:10:36 pm »
Lumiere,
Normal X or Shadow can pass Amazon hidden area with parts equipped?
I've seen video of normal X clear it but never with Shadow.
Normal X is possible but not with parts. Instead, they use special weapons.
If Shadow can pass the area, can someone show me the video links?
I've never make it with Shadow. I want to learn how they do it.

Z3R0X

• My name's not shane, kid.
    • View Profile
    • My YT channel with mini tools.
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2018, 12:00:00 am »
Lumiere,
Normal X or Shadow can pass Amazon hidden area with parts equipped?
I've seen video of normal X clear it but never with Shadow.
Normal X is possible but not with parts. Instead, they use special weapons.
If Shadow can pass the area, can someone show me the video links?
I've never make it with Shadow. I want to learn how they do it.

I think is not possible without parts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvNv2E9k6Ic

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2018, 01:45:03 am »
Thanks Z3ROX. That's the same video links I study for X and Shadow in Gate's lab 2.
However, I can't apply the same method on Amazon hidden area.
I can never make it cross the last section with Shadow even with parts equipped.
The point is, is it even possible or just another force death until you're out of live and choose the stage select?

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2018, 03:18:05 am »
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:35:52 pm by acediez »

MikominMM

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v09)
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2018, 06:29:38 am »
Hey, I've found a retranslation of the game! (https://www.reddit.com/r/Megaman/comments/582ffk/im_retranslating_mega_man_x6/) Is it possible to apply this retranslation to your patch?

Z3R0X

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2018, 06:32:52 am »
Excellent work as always, this tool is so BIG!
I will have a lot of work porting The tool to C#.

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2018, 10:02:49 am »
acediaz,
This v09 seems to have problem. I'm having major bug with Zero.
If you change the button configuration for Zero's z-saber from square to x,
1) Zero 2nd attack does not show light beam saber and cannot hurt enemies.
2) If you keep on smashing the buttons with any special technique and attack, after some time, Zero can no longer hurt any enemies. Animation is still there, but no more Z-saber beam, Z-buster beam or any other moves projectile attack.

I still don't know what's the cause. I suspect it may has something to do with 'characters available'.
And I also notice other bugs. Will let you know later.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2018, 10:27:40 am »
Thanks, I was expecting to get a confirmation on this as I got this problem only once. It's more likely that it's caused by the damage buffs new code. I'll try to get it fixed asap.

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2018, 11:02:33 am »
I know where is it. No it's not.
It's on 'Nightmare's Origin' scene.
I change the value from 3000 to 1800 and Zero bug occurred. Weird.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2018, 11:23:56 am »
I know where is it. No it's not.
It's on 'Nightmare's Origin' scene.
I change the value from 3000 to 1800 and Zero bug occurred. Weird.
I had to move that operation around to save some space, I probably made a mistake that's affecting other things

Thank you so much. Anything else you find let me know.

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2018, 02:07:43 pm »
Mega Man X6 Tweaks Patcher v09 using emulator ePSXe 205:

1) Event triggered by # of soul
If you change the value on either one of the scene, Zero bug will occured.

2) Unlimited air moves
Only Blade gets unlimited air moves.

3) Air Dash After Dash Jump
This one has the unlimited air moves effect except no unlimited air Nova Strike. I don't think that's your intention.

4) Start Delay:
If you set it to 'Minimum', the air dash sound sfx still wrong. Already told you on v08.

5) Extra damage for Blade Armor
If you add value to the 'Charged Shot', it will pierce through the enemies instead of stagnant.

6) Zero's Sentsuizan
I personally think the 'Cancellable (Hold/Release)' still need some adjustment.

I only try what's been newly added. Some I didn't test it thoroughly like the thing related to:
a) Dash/Air Dash Speed and etc
b) Extra damage and etc
I don't think I can track down any bug if it really occured on a) or b).
Please try to list down what's have been change between the v08 to v09 even if it's some old features.
As Z3ROX said, the tool is too big.
It's hard for me to trace old features with bug if you didn't list down the adjustment you made on old features.

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2018, 02:25:19 pm »
Okay, so I guess I'll wait for the ready patch for the ISO. Especially because I would love to see the changes.

Lumiere

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2018, 02:37:57 pm »
I haven't had a chance to test the patcher but, if some of your damage mods are affecting whether or not an shot is piercing, would it be possible to add piercing back to the falcon armor's buster? I know you are trying to fix bugs, but it's an idea I thought I might throw out.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2018, 02:39:28 pm »
1) Event triggered by # of soul
If you change the value on either one of the scene, Zero bug will occured.

Noted. Will review this as soon as I get back home  :)
Thanks for spotting the cause of the problem. Since this option was recently modified, I have a good guess of what could be the exact cause.
I expect to be able to fix this quickly.

Of all the things you listed this is the only one I'm worried about.

As for the rest...

2) Unlimited air moves
Only Blade gets unlimited air moves.

3) Air Dash After Dash Jump
This one has the unlimited air moves effect except no unlimited air Nova Strike. I don't think that's your intention.

I'll just change the way these listed, and put them as:
Unlimited Air Moves (add a tooltip note mentioning it allows Air Dash after Dash Jump)
Unlimited Mach Dash

That's the way I had them listed at some point, I just started mixing them up when testing and by the time I added them to the GUI I got confused about which one did what. Silly mistake.

4) Start Delay:
If you set it to 'Minimum', the air dash sound sfx still wrong. Already told you on v08.

I know you've mentioned this, but it's working ok now on both no$psx and Mednafen PSX. Probably an epsxe thing? Still, will take another look at it from epsxe to see what you're talking about.

My bad! I just encountered it. I didn't notice before because it was working correctly as I wrote it on my notes. Turns out I put a wrong value in the patcher.

5) Extra damage for Blade Armor
If you add value to the 'Charged Shot', it will pierce through the enemies instead of stagnant.

I don't see anything about my code that would affect it. If it's indeed going through enemies it didn't go through before, it probably has to do with the damage value being a factor in deciding if the shot goes through or not.
I haven't seen the exact code that decides this. It's still a mystery to me.

6) Zero's Sentsuizan
I personally think the 'Cancellable (Hold/Release)' still need some adjustment.

Other than the stomping sfx playing anyway when cancelled, I think it works alright, and don't plan to change anything about it myself. But I'll update if Z3R0X does any modification to it  :)

About older options, what I mean is that there's been a lot of stuff moved around, both in the code and in the patcher, not specific changes. There's no need for you to test them everything again one by one. Just keep it in mind and let me know if you encounter anything odd.

July 26, 2018, 02:42:31 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I haven't had a chance to test the patcher but, if some of your damage mods are affecting whether or not an shot is piercing, would it be possible to add piercing back to the falcon armor's buster? I know you are trying to fix bugs, but it's an idea I thought I might throw out.
That's be a cool option, I thought of it too, but as I mentioned I don't know how the game decides when to make the shot pierce through objects. My theory was that it happened to enemies above a certain total HP, but since apparently adding damage changes the way it behaves, it's probably decided based on your damage output (which varies from enemy to enemy).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:25:26 am by acediez »

Lumiere

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2018, 03:53:51 pm »
New bug found, after modifying Blade Armor's damage(all options) and adding the Air Dash after Dash jump & Air Dash for X/Shadow, High Max(Gate Lab 2) no longer takes damage from charged shadow buster until he removes his invulnerability to normal attacks. The charged shadow buster deals damage normally to everything else but, High Max

Z3R0X

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2018, 07:40:58 pm »
This is a very big tool, I have seen the sources for autohotkey and is very hard to maintain, I don't know how can I help you acediez.
I'm working on Resident Evil 2 Tool and trying to made Blade Dash more natural to use without doing a separate routine using a JAL, but the original routine has very limited space to work with :banghead: