The current version has been released in RHDN as v2.0
Changes from v2.0 RC24 to v2.0
- Script: caps suggestions taken.
- Boss Attacks/Commander Yammark: improved "Reduce Idle Time" option, it now also speeds up his behavior against Zero.
- Animation Timming: changes to the first frame of Zero's combo cooldown have been disabled, as it wasn't properly implemented.
- Cutscenes: Zero's wrongly colored foot in that one cutscene has been fixed (tileset edit by Metalwario64)
- Custom Palettes: a new option for the Ultimate Armor's palette based on MMXLC's X Challenge (palette by DarkSamus993, mugshot by Metalwario64)
- Mugshots: another round of "final" touches by Metalwario64
Download from the project page (links in the first post)
This of course doesn't mean the release is absolutely perfect. It only means any further bugfix or improvement will be numbered and updated directly to the project page (v2.1, and so forth)
From now on, development will slow down, as I've already done what I set out to do. I will stay away from any further cosmetic changes, and I don't plan on touching the script again (unless something really bad is discovered). The only thing I currently have in mind, besides fixing bugs, is to continue buffing up some of the weaker bosses, one at a time.
For anyone else interested in working on this game, I also released the v2.0 "workbook", with all the documentation and custom code I wrote for this project. The link is also on the first post.