News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: How can i compress wave files to bin for a rom of psp [the game is yugioh]  (Read 551 times)

nigoridakuten

• View Profile
I was able to extract the soundtracks from the psp_snndat.bin file but I did not succeed in recompiling the wave files inside the bin file, I used the power iso to compress tracks but it does not work the game crashes, I wanted to know which software I should use.

NERV Agent

• Cureable if treated early by meds from Dr. Mario.
    • View Profile
Did you use Power ISO to extract the wave files, too?

How are you reinserting it back in the game? Try using CDMage to reinsert the ".bin" file back into the game.
Pen Pen Toblerone Vomit Pooh Cancer is waifu of the year. Fucking Internet....

Goblin Slayer is a heartwarming tale of magical teenage adventurers overcoming adversity with the power of friendship and believing in oneself. Wholesome family entertainment! Watch it now!

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
I was able to extract the soundtracks from the psp_snndat.bin file but I did not succeed in recompiling the wave files inside the bin file, I used the power iso to compress tracks but it does not work the game crashes, I wanted to know which software I should use.

Is that supposed to work?  If the program was never designed to decompress audio data, then I would expect the game to crash.  Are you playing the game on an emulator, or on a real PSP?
This depresses me. I feel like a goldfish right now...