News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Shitamachi Ninjo Gekijo  (Read 666 times)

togemet2

• View Profile
Shitamachi Ninjo Gekijo
« on: June 10, 2018, 07:03:44 am »
Hello! This is my first real thread here hehe. First of all this is more of a "homebrew" than a ROM hack.

I'm attempting to make a 1:1 recreation of the lost Satellaview game "Shitamachi Ninjo Gekijo". There is only one known copy of it out there, and it's being held captive by a Japanese collector who disappeared in 2008 so I thought why not completely recreate it. It's nothing too spectacular, just a little slide show with Super Mario characters. There were originally 13 slides and I have emulator screencaps of each of them (which will make this quite easy minus controller input, screenfades, etc...). So far it's about 50% complete. I have the main parts of it working. I also have a few people helping me on this since it's my first 65816 project.

The most notable thing about this game, is how "strange" it is. It has stuff like Mario smoking, Mario killing Peach as well as Toad and Peach doing err--I'm not going to post pics of that last one or talk about it. Would be a shame to get banned instantly haha :-X. (Unless the admins are cool with me posting it. It's kinda NSFW). Nobody knew about this game until I started spreading it around and I can see why. When I initially tweeted about it everyone doubted me until I found a magazine clipping that proved it's existence. I have been studying similar games on the Satellaview so I could get this as close as possible to the original. Was also thinking of adding some sort of hidden screen accessible via button combinations just in case the real one ever gets found and uploaded to the internet.

I also have plans to release a version of this translated in English. A friend of mine has translated all of the slides so it will be a breeze to do once I get the Japanese version 100% complete.

Things left to do:
-Fix bugs
-Music
-Screenfades

And now, some screenshots!

The one I'm recreating is "Episode 6". There are 5 more in the series which I only have magazine photos of and they're really low quality. Who knows what crazy stuff is in those. I also found out through one of the magazines that there was a live-action version of this. Yes, that's not a typo. But...some things deserve to stay lost.

the_E_y_Es

• View Profile
Re: Shitamachi Ninjo Gekijo
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 09:34:34 pm »
Haha, wow... talk about obscure, odd-ball game. I'd say there's some historical value to stuff like this, so it merits preservation IMO. Looks like a M-rated plushie theater. How bizarre!

togemet2

• View Profile
Re: Shitamachi Ninjo Gekijo
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 05:33:29 am »
Haha, wow... talk about obscure, odd-ball game. I'd say there's some historical value to stuff like this, so it merits preservation IMO. Looks like a M-rated plushie theater. How bizarre!

Bizarre indeed! haha.  ;D