News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Zelda Parallel Worlds  (Read 108606 times)

Euclid

• View Profile
    • Parallel Worlds
Re: Zelda Parallel Worlds
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2007, 06:46:23 am »
I got the Fire Rod, I just don't know how to get to the lower level.  I looked everywhere, so I am just going back to finish Ruto's place now.

EDIT:
I beat Ruto without any potions  :P

I got all the main items in Nabooru's Hole, but I can't seem to get into the room/s that are past the upper left gate on the lava level.  I think I took all the holes possible and it seems there are holes you just can't get too. I doubt there is anything in there but I still want to know!  I haven't beaten the boss though.

Now on to find the Magic Cape!
The upper room(s) are for when you fall down from the room with the chest key (and the one just before that), just in case you completely skipped the book of mudora.

the boss in Nabooru's hole is at a different place than the other items.

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2007, 03:36:57 pm »
I found the Boss before, but I don't know how to beat him without the cape or tons of life potions.

Still can't find the cape  :'(, hope it is at Sheik's.
Wark!

Euclid

• View Profile
    • Parallel Worlds
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2007, 06:59:39 am »
I found the Boss before, but I don't know how to beat him without the cape or tons of life potions.

throw bombs at the mask and use the arrows to finish it off, you don't even need to move to the spikes.

Or you can wait till you get the cape at Sheik's :)

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2007, 10:43:09 am »
w00t! I finally tried my hand at this... The intro is much harder, lol. I died... In the big, dark room filled with holes and snake heads (shooting fireballs)...

I like the graphical update it has been given... And the guards look too nice to kill!!! LMAO! I also like how you can only see how much of something you have when you equip it...

If only you could make a "raise shield" button... I dunno why, but I've never liked the whole Link-always-has-his-shield-raised-thing... But of course, that's really asking for something!

Anyhow, this was quite the effort! Good Job!
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

Jigglysaint

• Corruptomancer
    • View Profile
    • Stuff Jigglysaint has done(like discover the Crocomire in MZM)
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2007, 11:29:13 am »
Speaking of that cape....  Where the heck is it?  Seriously, I've looked everywhere in the dungeon it is supposed to be in.  All I see are places I've been to, or places I need the cape to advance.  Is it past the Virtros on the bridge?  Even then you have to endure the lasers to get there.  I got th Red Mail only because I took massive damage trying to get it.  Is there some place I am missing?

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2007, 05:54:56 pm »

throw bombs at the mask and use the arrows to finish it off, you don't even need to move to the spikes.

Or you can wait till you get the cape at Sheik's :)

I never tried that, but I want the Cape so that Fire Balls and Red Lazers won't hit me any more.

Speaking of that cape....  Where the heck is it?  Seriously, I've looked everywhere in the dungeon it is supposed to be in.  All I see are places I've been to, or places I need the cape to advance.  Is it past the Virtros on the bridge?  Even then you have to endure the lasers to get there.  I got th Red Mail only because I took massive damage trying to get it.  Is there some place I am missing?

If you mean the Eye Ball guy, then yes, kill him.

I am now in the tower where you need the 7th clue, and I am stumped.  I don't see how you can get to those floating platforms with the moles there.  If they weren't there it wouldn't be a problem but I don't know how to get rid of them.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 01:50:49 am by SpiffSpoo »
Wark!

Euclid

• View Profile
    • Parallel Worlds
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2007, 04:28:05 am »
regarding clue 7, you can land behind the torch with no problems.

Jigglysaint

• Corruptomancer
    • View Profile
    • Stuff Jigglysaint has done(like discover the Crocomire in MZM)
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2007, 11:55:40 am »
I just did Turbo A.  Now I am back in the first world and trying to fill out my inventory.  Any tips on what to do?

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2007, 01:41:29 pm »
I threw bombs there before and they just fell through, wtf?  They still do  :P, well whatever thanks.

I could have just used bombs in the first place, late nights don't do well on my brain.

How do you do the Turbo A thing, I used the default Turbo with Zsnes 1.5 and it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 02:45:04 pm by SpiffSpoo »
Wark!

Dr. Floppy

• Restricted Access
  • Make America GREAT Again!
    • View Profile
    • BaddestHacks.net
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2007, 02:54:01 am »
People at acmlm are bashing the hell out of this.

...as if we needed any further proof that this hack is destined for the all-time Top Ten.  ::)

To be perfectly honest, most epic hacks of this nature are of the insufferable Super-Hard-Type-Fifteen-Invisible-Guys-With-Guns-Constantly-Shooting-At-You variety. Imagine my surprise when I found this hack to break that sorry mold. VERY nice work!

(I especially like the color scheme when you exit the church at night.)

What Defines A Monster?

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2007, 03:19:14 am »
People at acmlm are bashing the hell out of this.
...as if we needed any further proof that this hack is destined for the all-time Top Ten.  ::)
To be perfectly honest, most epic hacks of this nature are of the insufferable Super-Hard-Type-Fifteen-Invisible-Guys-With-Guns-Constantly-Shooting-At-You variety. Imagine my surprise when I found this hack to break that sorry mold. VERY nice work!

God, no kidding. Reading a few of the posts about this hack just made me shake my head- so much god-damn WHINING going on over there, it's like a preschool ball-pit. "It's too hard, wahhh!". For the love of Pete, if a game or a hack is too difficult for one to play, then... play something else! Don't just sit there and stick a tongue out at the three years of work that was done here. Besides that, some of us *like* a challenge when we play, and that makes this hack magnificent.
What sayest thou, o fool? I say that religion hath done my bidding for me- while ye pretend free will exists, ye take it away and convert by force. Such is ye, who do my work.

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2007, 03:53:07 am »
The guard house was a bit harder than it should have been for a intro level, and then the next few levels were too easy.  After that, it had a good balance of being just hard enough.

EDIT:
I take that back, Impa's Ways was bitch.

I beat the Game, but no Master Sword, where is the last dang Jewel?!  I will try to find it.

Got all 20 Hearts  :o, or not?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 10:49:17 pm by SpiffSpoo »
Wark!

misc20

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2007, 12:14:41 pm »
Here's a full map walkthrough of Nabooru's Hole which I just made. Should help a handful of people actually ;)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/misc20/PW/Dungeons/NaboorusHole.png?

Just follow the legend and you'll find your way around.

BTW I'm SePH, the one who design the overworlds/gfx in Parallel Worlds, just in case you're wondering why I can see the dungeons in HM :P

Sid32

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2007, 12:29:30 pm »
So I beat the guard house no problem. I have bombs, boomerang, net, a bottle. But I can't find the way to the second X!!!! Any help? I made it to the Witches hut, go down a screen to the Docks, but I can't swim...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 12:48:52 pm by Sid32 »

Dr. Floppy

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
    • BaddestHacks.net
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2007, 03:05:45 pm »
So I beat the guard house no problem. I have bombs, boomerang, net, a bottle. But I can't find the way to the second X!!!! Any help? I made it to the Witches hut, go down a screen to the Docks, but I can't swim...

Go northwest from Kakariko village, into the desert. Walk into the waterfall, and bring some money with you...

Sid32

« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2007, 03:26:39 pm »
Still lost.. By desert do you mean the oasis? Or further up by the Merchant's way? I've walked around everywhere and can't find a waterfall.

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2007, 03:38:05 pm »
You should make an Impa's Ways walk through, that place is SO much hard than Nabooru's Hole.

There are a few places in the original hack I can't get to/do.  Is there any way to drain the water, is it just there and you can't do anything with it, or do you drain it after you gotten all the Tablets, if you know what I mean  :P ?  And I still can't find out how to get to that one chest in the Parallel Tower surrounded by blue blocks, I have to be missing something very small as I have done the optional puzzle.  I also can't find the magical boomerang or the shovel.  Does the thieves hide out in the Parallel have any purpose?

On an other note, why do I have 20 hearts but still have 1 extra piece of heart???

« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 04:32:44 pm by SpiffSpoo »
Wark!

Dr. Floppy

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
    • BaddestHacks.net
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2007, 08:59:29 pm »
Sid:

I believe it's the Cannon Oasis with the large waterfall in the upper-left corner.

Spiff:

The Red Boomerang is in a shack on the southwest side of the Dark World Forest (not the Lost Woods itself). I believe you have to have skipped (or in my case, inadvertently missed) the Blue Boomerang to acquire it.

Not sure about the shovel...

Euclid

• View Profile
    • Parallel Worlds
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2007, 10:45:46 pm »
You should make an Impa's Ways walk through, that place is SO much hard than Nabooru's Hole.

There are a few places in the original hack I can't get to/do.  Is there any way to drain the water, is it just there and you can't do anything with it, or do you drain it after you gotten all the Tablets, if you know what I mean  :P ?  And I still can't find out how to get to that one chest in the Parallel Tower surrounded by blue blocks, I have to be missing something very small as I have done the optional puzzle.  I also can't find the magical boomerang or the shovel.  Does the thieves hide out in the Parallel have any purpose?

On an other note, why do I have 20 hearts but still have 1 extra piece of heart???

I'm sure I have counted 20 hearts exactly... now you gotta have to tell me where you found the +1

and err... there's no shovel in the game.

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2007, 11:10:51 pm »
Its not 21 hearts, it is just 20 + a 1/4 heart piece.

So you have to miss the Blue one to get the Red??? That would make many early bosses harder.
If I am thinking of the shack you are talking about, then I have already been there before with the Blue one, and I did not get the Red one.

Also with regard to the Secret Tablets Secret, I haven't seen anything different so far, when will it kick in?

I might have to start over just to get the Red Boomerang  :'(.
Wark!