News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Zelda Parallel Worlds  (Read 108485 times)

Panzer88

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda Parallel Worlds
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2007, 10:20:02 pm »
just to clarify, is this project on hold? or abandoned (the revisions that is) I know things can take years upon years, I just was wondering if the original authors even care or are thinking about working on it, or if it's done and dead.
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

MathOnNapkins

• Forum Moderator
  • Who ya gonna call
    • View Profile
    • Arc-Nova - Rohmackin' and Chiptunin'
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2007, 02:19:19 am »
SePH posted on a couple boards saying he was going to work on it recently. Whether or not he actually is... I have no clue

Dr. Floppy

• Restricted Access
  • Make America GREAT Again!
    • View Profile
    • BaddestHacks.net
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2007, 11:29:42 pm »
SePH posted on a couple boards saying he was going to work on it recently. Whether or not he actually is... I have no clue

I certainly hope he is; I've got a few ideas for music additions I'd like to discuss/contribute.

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2007, 03:04:47 am »
not just for Parallel Worlds, but Zelda ALttP in general, has ANYONE ever thought of providing a better font?
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

MathOnNapkins

• Forum Moderator
  • Who ya gonna call
    • View Profile
    • Arc-Nova - Rohmackin' and Chiptunin'
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2007, 04:30:36 am »
Gimme a better font, I'll try to work it in :P

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2007, 06:32:07 am »
what would be fitting for zelda? any ideas? I'll try to look for a few.

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2007, 09:58:15 am »
I kinda liked Link's Awakening font. *runs away*
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

zebber

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2008, 04:15:37 pm »
So Seph had started a small blog covering his new progress with an updated version to fix bugs/dungeon layouts.

http://seeeeph.wordpress.com/

He made several promising comments and posted several screenshots of his reworking of several dungeons...

...but now the site appears dead.

That's never a good sign.

Leertaste

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2008, 07:07:31 am »
nevermind... I found the already patched rom somewhere... much easier :P
thanks for your help anyway^^
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 02:06:43 pm by Leertaste »

Deathlike2

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2008, 08:36:23 am »
You are having a header problem.

See: http://www.romhacking.net/faq/?page=faq#question4
FF4 Research Continues
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack

Prince Valmont

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2008, 01:22:08 pm »
Any new word on what happened to SePH?

I've been trying to track down any news, but to no avail. I would love to continue playing this game in its perfected form.

Dr. Floppy

• Restricted Access
  • Make America GREAT Again!
    • View Profile
    • BaddestHacks.net
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2008, 08:07:01 pm »
Any new word on what happened to SePH?

I've been trying to track down any news, but to no avail. I would love to continue playing this game in its perfected form.

I'd love to know how to access that  :banghead:-ing house on the cliff in that western L-shaped canyon area...?

(Yes, I know you can come pretty damn close via a glitch in one of the earlier versions.)

CaseCrash

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2008, 11:16:52 am »
I'd love to know how to access that  :banghead:-ing house on the cliff in that western L-shaped canyon area...?

(Yes, I know you can come pretty damn close via a glitch in one of the earlier versions.)

Well, according to the PW topic on ||board:

Quote from: Tompala
You can't get to that house. It just... is ther :). Same thing with the chest seen in the Parallel Tower before the Armos Knights.

Quote from: Shadow1u
Note - You cant go into the house because the game gliches when you enter the scree.

Smirgu

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2008, 04:44:37 pm »
Just started playing the hack, and played the guardhouse through. Since there is the "feature" called "no saving before the sword", the sword should be received sooner. I like the idea that there has to be some challenge before even receiving the sword but especially the vine cellar was just too much due to the save-bug (since savestates definitely shouldn't be a given). Would it have been too easy or simple if this one back and forth run for a key wasn't there? I don't think so.

Otherwise it was well crafted, although even without the difficulty a bit too much of running back and forth, and the labyrinths and the spikes in the underground places were boring. Yet, I do understand why they are there: they are simple to make and create content. :)

As a whole the hack looks of course excellent - especially when I even try to think how much effort has to have gone into this. The overworld also seems interesting.

ed: yep, and I'm apparently playing the older, 1.0 version. Although it seems from the version history, that not much has changed.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 04:52:11 pm by Smirgu »

• FINAL BEAM
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2008, 09:18:46 pm »
uh hi I'm playing 1.0 of Parallel Worlds, I have gotten past the guard house and trying to find away to get to the docks that doesn't require me to have to find where the flippers are sold.
Two Stars of Calamity Shines in the Darkness....Calamity Sword Darkness Slash!

Great Red Spirit

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2008, 01:50:13 pm »
There isn't one. Besides you need to swim for the first dungeon. They did slash the price of the flippers/scale so buying it isn't a problem.

Spoiler:
Look in the Desert Oasis

easternvinny

« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2009, 05:24:00 pm »
Is this thread still active?  After playing this game I was inspired to create my own hack.  I have a ton of ideas that I think are only possible with ASM hacking.  Like using the ice rod to extinguish candles and lanterns.  This would open up a new level of puzzles.

nosignaldetected

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2009, 04:59:52 pm »
Just to let people know (and if SePH is even still around to see), I worked on a few parts of Parallel Worlds (specifically some extra music, such as the original Zelda dungeon theme). My username was richyawyingtmv back then (i'm credited on the official site, and in the game credits).

Either way, after finally playing through the beta (and final) versions of the hack, I was slightly dissapointed by the incredible difficulty and incredibly bad grammar throughout. I would have loved to have gone through and fixed up a few things (mainly the text), but SePH seemed to disappear off the edge of the earth. I'd also like to get a chance to fix up a few things with my music in the game (and possibly add even more), such as at the end of that Dungeon track - a couple of notes at the end are wrong for some reason.

Hm.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2009, 11:35:58 pm »
That sounds great to me. I also felt the grammer could use some work. And improved/new music would pwn!

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2009, 01:04:14 am »
this hack was always planned for another release, they knew it was flawed (even though it was a totally awesome release) they just never got around to it. So yeah, if those guys are still around, it'd be amazing to finally see it finished.