News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Trouble w/ Megami Tensei English Translation Patch  (Read 1491 times)

ZombieGage

• View Profile
Trouble w/ Megami Tensei English Translation Patch
« on: June 04, 2018, 01:56:10 pm »
First time poster, so hopefully this is the right spot for what should be a simple help request. I seem to be the only person on the internet having this problem, so please excuse me if I've missed something obvious here. :-\

I've been trying to get the Digital Devil Monogatari: Megami Tensei English translation patch (https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2287/) to work on my copy of the game and I can't seem to get it going. The original Japanese rom runs just fine, but the moment I apply the patch with flips the game loads a blank screen and gives me CPU Jam errors in NEStopia. I've tried both the current, completed version of the patch and a pre-1.0 version that is compatible with Retro Achievements (posted here: http://retroachievements.org/Game/8092). Both patches give me the same result... which is nothing.

I've tried googling to see if it could be a header issue, but that doesn't seem to be as much of a "thing" like it is with SNES hacks, although I could just be missing something there. I've also tried downloading the rom itself from several different sources and have confirmed with each that the CRC32 of F906ACAB matches the Rom/ISO Information provided on the translation's page and that hasn't helped me either. The only emulator I've tried is NEStopia (both the stand alone executable and the core provided by RetroArch), but I haven't seen anything that indicates it would be incompatible with that. I can usually figure this stuff out on my own but I'm officially stumped. :banghead:

If anyone has any idea what I could be doing wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
Re: Trouble w/ Megami Tensei English Translation Patch
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 08:34:31 pm »
It just so happens NESTopia is an outdated emulator that doesn't recognize the ROM expansion. Switch to another emulator.

ZombieGage

• View Profile
Re: Trouble w/ Megami Tensei English Translation Patch
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 04:50:42 pm »
Guess I must be behind the times. Thank you!