News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Need help with old tables and script dumps to correct text encoding  (Read 561 times)

CapnCrunch

• View Profile
Hey guys, was hoping someone could help me out as I am not sure what encoding I need to change to be able to view some of my old tables and script dumps. 

I have some old project files from around 2001... Back then I was using Windows 98 SE and I'm pretty sure I had NJStar as a word processor for the Japanese text... but it was so long ago I could be wrong.  I believe since those days that standard text encoding has changed from ANSI to Unicode?  Or something like that.  Anyway, I can't get the Japanese text to show properly on these documents now, so I'm completely unsure of how to fix the encoding.  I've played around with converting it to ANSI/UTF-8 and Shift-JIS but it never converts properly.

Anybody able to help with this?  All I really need is my table and I can redo all the script dumps.

Here's my table (downloadable from my SugarSync account):
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7824044_07503302_8106926

Thanks for any help with this!

EDIT:
You guys can ignore this post.  Thanks to the folks on Discord, I found out that these were encoded as EUC-JIS.  Got it taken care of!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:52:56 pm by CapnCrunch »