News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Noobow Speaks in English!  (Read 1603 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Noobow Speaks in English!
« on: May 26, 2018, 08:51:04 am »

Update By: Pennywise

Today Pennywise presents a complete translation of the GB game Noobow. Noobow is an obscure Japanese chocolate mascot and probably got his own game to sell more candy. Aside from a cutesy style, the game is an extremely simple platformer.

Hacking was done by Pennywise and translation provided by Eien ni Hen. danke and FlashPV designed and hacked the graphics.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Noobow Speaks in English!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 12:46:55 pm »
This is a fun, cute little game that's great to take your mind off of things with.  Thanks a lot for translating it!

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 01:39:46 pm »
That's a cute little game for sure. I remember seeing it first on the GameBoyle channel on Youtube, and giving it a go right afterwards. It's more of a simple puzzle game I guess. Pretty fun all things considered, thanks for doing this!

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 03:57:28 pm »
It has to be simple if it is the one action game that I believe even Twitch Plays Pokemon was able to finish. ;D
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 04:29:59 pm »
Will be giving this a go. :beer:

zefmc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 06:00:31 pm »
It has to be simple if it is the one action game that I believe even Twitch Plays Pokemon was able to finish. ;D

I know it doesn't really count in the same way, but there was actually a Twitch Plays Dark Souls that used pausing in between choosing actions that beat the game. :)

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 08:51:59 pm »
I find it funny that a game like Noobow gets any attention at all with the various gaming sites covering it and a few reviews here. It was really just made to brainwash children to sell more product of what I'm assuming was candy.

Anyhow, this project was a quick side project that only took me 6 months to finish and was started around the same time as Banishing Racer and Tenjin Kaisen. The latter of which is still in the pipeline and mostly translated with an annoying limitation. It appears there's a timing issue which interrupts longer text from getting written to VRAM. Naturally instead of abbreviating, I plan on digging into the code and seeing just what exactly is going on and figuring out a way to extend the time I have to get that text written to VRAM issue-free. All for an unremarkable game that received an official translation.

I also plan on finishing my translation of Oni 2. Text fully translated, main script inserted, but not edited, menus partially hacked. IIRC, I finished hacking all item menus and was working on the Jutsu stuff. Once hacked, I'll move onto Oni 3.

Lastly, someone translated Red Arremer/Gargoyle's Quest for me. I don't know why I decided to retranslate the game, but what the hell. This was several years ago, so it's probably time I did something with it. Should be pretty easy.

Long live the GB!