News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SonicNes ♦ Improvement Next ♦  (Read 12022 times)

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
Re: SonicNes ♦ Improvement Next ♦
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2018, 12:01:05 am »
(I like watermelon)
Actually depends on the case, the main obstacle is the space available in each tab, but as you mentioned there are also minor flaws in some palettes and maybe being extremist the designs would gain a lot by integrating certain details present in the rest of the sprites. , for example the relief on Sonic's eye, but that is unnecessary, since in general these details are barely noticeable.

Example

On the other hand his designs were very successful and although less words are used to say it, as I said before its value is inestimable, and they are very useful as a reference, not to mention that the problem of the space limit is only a technical barrier that the insurance will be resolved over time; D

1. & 2. All the things that you mention and some more I have found them, but I could not do much with that ... Theorizing I can say that the place where Scrap Brain should be has been reused, besides I have only found 11 potential blocks to draw zones (of 16x16) in this level, for the Esmeralda del Caos planned to create an emerald-like ring and continue to investigate, also thought to include some additional tabs with graphics to facilitate any future project, but being honest the project now It is stuck because of work issues, since I have not managed to have time and energy together.

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2018, 06:13:37 pm »

a possible future hack 2 characters to choose to play :D

link and credits of pixelmarioxp and Dariuscox357 :thumbsup:

https://www.deviantart.com/dariuscox357/art/Sonic-NES-Improvement-Tails-747286888

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2018, 09:00:02 pm »
 cartridge_rom
 From the first time I saw that image I was wondering if with enough effort it would be possible to see these sprites running in the game for real, in the past I had seen a small project that tried to incorporate tails in the Somari, but I did not return to receive news of it.

On the other hand I recommend visiting the gallery of Dariuscox357, currently working on a Romhack titled "Sonic 3: Triple Trouble" and it really looks very promising :thumbsup:

Hello for those who read this for the first time this project tries to improve the aesthetic section, and optimize as much as possible everything that is within my reach.

General changes:
 ● Crashes and unexpected events were reduced.
 ● Almost all the animations were retouched.
 ● The tileset were optimized and new elements were incorporated.
 ● Continuity is repaired in certain areas *
 ● Work on a new title screen.

What should not you expect from this project?

Any modification that requires advanced knowledge of assembler 6502.

The news of the project:

Currently I have less time to devote to the project, this has been reflected in less status updates and a slower development, but despite all the project is still standing, which is the most important.

♦ I remembered how I used the debugger.
 ♦ I managed to repair the graphic glitches of the first Zone and improve its decoration.
 ♦ Correct another fatal error (This case occurred when penetrating inside any capsule)
 ♦ I included a coin disguised as an emerald in the bonus (What a trick xD)
 ♦ Update the design of the emerald by turning **
 ♦ Change the HUD source again among other graphics ...
 ♦ I found the sector that stores the configuration of Sonic animations and palettes.

What I do not achieve D':

■ I have no idea how to repair the Spring Yard Zone ramps, I suspect that the problem has to do with the collision area of ​​the block that can be seen in the model, it seems that it was placed incorrectly, also a second problem that I find is that the inertia generated by the spring is sometimes insufficient to overcome some ramps (These values ​​are always fixed), in addition when the player presses forward this inertia is lost completely.

■ I do not finish understanding how the repositioning of objects works, some I can move them where I want and others disappear in certain sectors of the level, on the other hand I take this opportunity to clarify that this work I reserve for the second stage of the project, since although I plan to fix the position of the most significant enemies, with the rest I want to take the time to move them well without further delaying the publication date of the hack.***

Spoiler:

* Some landscapes shorten abruptly or there are sectors that lead nowhere.

** Originally I planned to give it a style closer to that of megadrive, but I have many doubts about this, because in my opinion this level ruins the rest of the game, since there you can get too many lives, things that should not be like that.

*** Two things that must be taken into account I still do not know how much this problem can affect my objective, I also consider that the greatest defect of the enemies is their terrible programming although thinking it from the point of view of the Eggman are perfect.

Errata: This article should be published when I prepare some catches, but my cat does not think the same xD. Damn that cat made me unveil...

« Last Edit: Today at 02:50:38 am by sics »